Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
ROH CHAMPS: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

1. Low Ki - doing one-shots in the indies, out there looking for one more bridge to burn
2. Xavier - apparently wrestles for ICW once every few years
3. Samoa Joe - in WWE
4. Austin Aries - in WWE
5. CM Punk - left for WWE, left WWE to become one of the greatest stars in UFC history probably
6. James Gibson - in WWE (as agent)
7. Bryan Danielson - in WWE (as a dead man into fisting)
8. Homicide - doing one-shots in the indies, out there looking for one more person to fork
9. Takeshi Morishima - returned to his native land to retire due to injuries
10. Nigel McGuinness - now seeking open relationships in WWE
11. Jerry Lynn - Working backstage at ROH maybe? Maybe the least Randy the Rammy guy on this list.
12. Tyler Black - in WWE
14. Roderick Strong - in WWE
15. Eddie Edwards - in TNA in a volcano on the Hardy compound
16. Davey Richards - in TNA and is Davey Richards, a fate worse than being trapped in a volcano
17. Kevin Steen - in WWE
18. Adam Cole - DEFINITELY NOT LEAVING FOR WWE
19. Michael Elgin - in NJPW
20. Jay Briscoe - ROH lifer because other companies cannot handle his truth bombs on the gay community
21. Jay Lethal - still in ROH, probably?
22. Kyle O'Reilly - still in ROH, probably?

In conclusion, ROH is a land of contrasts. It is also a land where literally half of their champions who are still actively involved in wrestling are current WWE employees, but that may just be weird anti-ROH disinfo. #askquestions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Also AJ said some bad poo poo in like 2003 and then got signed to WWE in 2016 after (sincere? half-hearted? who knows?) apologizing for the original thing and not saying anything new.

Jay Briscoe was on Twitter talking about shooting any homo teachers they try to put near his kids like, *during* negotiations with WWE.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

MagicCube posted:

It's good to know that half of ROH's former champs being in the WWE somehow reflects poorly on ROH.
It doesn't reflect poorly on ROH, it reflects poorly on the argument against current ROH stars going to WWE being a dumb conspiracy theory from people who are Out to Get ROH as opposed to an accurate reflection of what happens.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Nah, AJ was still pulling that poo poo right before he got signed
When/where was this?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Just throw someone else under the mistico mask and confuse everyone
Mark Bristicoe

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Punishment Martinez is 36. Baron Corbin is 33.

Punishment Martinez does not (to my knowledge) have a Minions tattoo, which I believe is worth -3 years to your bump card.

UPDATE: further reflection as someone who has watched very few ROH shows in the past ~3 years has proven that I had conflated Donovan Dijak and Punishment Martinez into one man and it's entirely possible Dijak is responsible for 80% of the positive "he's just big and green but he'll be okay soon" sentiments.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 10, 2018

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Definitely stick with your local indies, I can't think of a single local indie that's been run by anyone of less than sterling character and civic mindedness.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Roque11 posted:

The whole idea of Kyle to WWE is laughable for a number of reasons. Kyle plays this game every week year with ROH. People have jump the gun on this like they did with Hero.

Roque11 posted:

Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal.

Roque11 posted:

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.

Roque11 posted:

Looks like Fish was just in for a one and done jobber role, similar to Danny Burch.

Roque11 posted:

I'll call it right now. Between now and June 10th we'll hear about Adam Cole booking more dates past June 10th. Between the June 5th and June 10th we'll hear that all the other ROH names have once again been told you guys will have to wait at least 30-60 more days.

Roque11 posted:

This likely explains why all these wrestlers have been leaving ROH. They don' t want to go to WWE. They've heard rumblings of talks so they're all jumping off before they would end up getting tied down to WWE in a sale.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

OGB posted:

Not that I know anything of the deals they got on the venues, but they were 3000 people in a 6000 and 10000 seater each. That had to hurt.
Look buddy it's still 3,000 more people than you or I had come to watch our wrestling promotion, furthermore I know I never even had Kyle O'Reilly signed to a contract so that's another reason ROH is a better wrestling promotion than me and I should not criticize their decisions until I've walked a mile in their shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Noted ROH creation The Bullet Club and ROH produced Being the Elite

• Locked thread