Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

How screwed over right now would ROH be if New Japan pulled the Bullet Club from them?

Well given they have the Young Bucks and Marty under contract with Cody probably signed too, that would be tough to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's not going to WWE is he? Where would he fit in

He's doing all the NJPW English broadcasts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol CMLL sends poo poo to ROH anyway. Tell them to gently caress off

Bullshit. They've sent them UG, Mistico, Dragon Lee and tried to send Atlantis.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Burying the lede there is that RoH is going to run a new venue in Villa Park instead of the Chicago Ridge rec center.

New place is way bigger, like thousands of seats.

I assume it's the place ECW used to run?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They sold out a new Chicagoland venue based in part on Omega being announced for the card.

Also, :laffo: at Suzuki appearing on US soil for the first time in decades to lose to Cody.

Wow it's already sold out? Did they open up more seats?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

also maybe the night MRP sat next to the man with the shittiest rear end in a top hat

Correct but that was November.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Americans want to see the Bullet Club and Omega live - that's the only thing ROH has going for it

The Buffalo show originally had 2000 seats up for sale, but when sales were slow they scaled back and only had 1000 floor seats. Up until last week there were 800 seats sold, and within a couple hours of Omega being announced the 1000 seats were completely sold out, and now there's people on Facebook begging them to open up more seats.

Doing 800 seats that far in advance is giant for ROH in that market.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There isn't a KUSHIDA match I don't want to see.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Punishment Martinez sucks.

He's pretty good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yano plays best off of a straight man who comes at him and wants to fight. He'll do the "breeeak" spot and then Colt will do a dumb dance and things will never really pick up from there.

There's a lot of fun ways they can take it. Colt Cabana vs Kikutaro was hilarious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

ROH was fun shame Mark Brisco's elbow is completely hosed and they had to cancel that match, I got to meet Suzuki it was just as great as I imagined; sick and tired of BC though and all their dumb BTE memes, will have my mark pics with Hiromu and Suzuki

I sure hate the BC and all of their memes that sold out the tour but the other hot topic stable and all their memes is very fresh along with the very stale old man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Yeah agreed they do suck

SUCK IT!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Calling the BC's work "dull" is really stupid given The Young Bucks and Omega are the main draws of the BC and their work is the opposite of dull. You can find flaws with their work and maybe not even like it, but dull is the exact opposite word to use.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Kenny is the only good part of Bullet Club. The Bucks are over exposed and been like this since 2012

The Bucks became one of the best tag teams in 2012 when they really figured out what gets over and focused on that. They've improved since. They really did a lot of extraneous stuff in 09-12 that didn't really get a reaction or add to the match and since then they've been fantastic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

also I just realized we haven't had an All-Star Extravaganza yet this year and ROH doesn't seem to have a date scheduled, so I guess they silently killed it

They run it every other year, or at least that was the usual schedule.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

they had been running it annually for the last 4 years in a row and as a PPV for the last 3

I have no memory of the 2015 edition, it seems made up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

that was when Jay won the world title to eventually set up Jay vs Jay at BITW in ROH's last superhot ME angle

I'm not calling you a liar but you are one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I mean mechanically he's probably better than Dusty

a better comparison would be Dustin

He's way better at this point in his career than Dustin was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Absolutely not unless you mean that Dustin was in his Goldust not giving a poo poo phase by now. WCW Dustin is a better run than Cody ever had, as was his tag-team return in 2013.

Yes, Dustin was in his decade long garbage phase by this point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Writer Cath posted:

Ring of Honor has made some questionable design choices in the past.

Take this cover for instance.

Sick how wrestling fans mock ROH's attempt to appeal to the female gaze.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Dalton re-upped. Cody didn't. Koff doesn't trust Cody one fuckin bit.

Them's the scoops.

Cody signed his deal after Dalton did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

he signed for one and faybed everyone that he signed for three. Meltzer gets his info straight from the horse's mouth but rarely verifies it.

You have no clue what you are talking about if you think Cody lost the belt over a contract issue.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

From this figure line or under contract in the whole company?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH is gonna have 8,000 people in the crowd at SCOH or some poo poo and literally no one is going to talk about the company.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It sounds like the archive is going to be all the TV and rotating classic events.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Same but I wouldn't really say they destroyed the market by doing that. I question the veracity of a rotating archive really being better for getting and retaining subscriptions than just the whole deal.

Setting a price point that low has made it difficult for companies to enter the market and run a viable business especially with library expectations being what they are.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's not really a low price point for a streaming video service. I've had a few go higher like MLB.tv and MotoGP's online service but I'd guess those get far higher value for TV rights than WWE does.

It is when you are going from selling your big shows for DVD to PPV price to selling everything you put out for $10 a month.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That's a great signing for ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH is good again

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/970150010041110528

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

A reminder that every dollar you give to WWE is a dollar that doesn't go to Sinclair.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/local-news-anchors-now-have-to-read-pro-trump-propaganda.html

Weird that you would try to defend giving the money to WWE instead of to some other company. But hey the company that paid to be a part of the evil is clearly better than the one sewing the seeds of the evil. Both aren't worth my money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kenny is bi, Okada is straight, Tanahashi is ace.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That reminds me, is Bushiroad particularly evil? Does anyone know much about them?

Kidani made some very perceptive statements on US politics, Trump, etc before the 2016 election. There's not a ton out there beyond some obligatory connections to the government.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheCool69 posted:

Julius Smokes!!!! Thats a name i havent heard in a while.

Was he Low Kis manager long time ago? I have this Image in my head of Ki laying in ropes and Smokes giving him a STIFF loving slap to wake Ki up... the crow popped huge for that.

What happened to Smokes? Did he ever "make it?" Or was it just early ROH

He managed Low Ki in 2005.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Story is bullshit he discovered pro wrestling earlier than 2017.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE was interested in them after that but they don't want to move to Florida because they have families and NXT would be a pay cut. They'd also have to give up farming.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

Plus they probably have a few too many concussions between them for WWE to consider them now, especially Mark.

As if WWE actually cares about poo poo like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Also the homophobic statements.

Again, WWE considered them after that.

Man WWE sure wouldn't hire any homophobes (hire AJ Styles, honor Ultimate Warrior twice per year.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 9, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The best year in ROH history.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The match at SCOH where Lynn beats Nigel was absolutely tremendous, about as good as the Aries/Joe match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

me in irc: this kenta roddy joe triple threat is nuts!
mrt: ah youre talking about ROH Throwdown on 8/24/06 from Lowell, MA in front of 985 paid

Me in reality: Throwdown was in Detroit with KENTA vs Roddy! You are likely thinking of Danielson vs Joe vs KENTA which happened earlier that month in New York City (550 paid, sellout.)

• Locked thread