Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Caught up to Final Battle as I fell asleep after trios match during the live airing due to a completely hosed sleep schedule.

Pleased but mildly surprised Kyle won, since isn't his contract situation less settled?

Also, I thought the Hardys were still under TNA deals for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kaveman posted:

Why does everyone have a poo poo theme song

I hope you''re not including the new champ in that category. ROH's theme music ever since they stopped using songs they didn't have the rights to has generally always been pretty bad with a couple random exceptions.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I thought Elgin was done with ROH ages ago.

He hasn't been under ROH contract for quite some time but he'd still work he occasional show, including jobbing to Lethal in a main event earlier this year

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

It's seriously unfathomable that they aren't using the young lions on every show

Yeah not only are all three of those guys really drat good but if nothing else you'd think they'd want to keep NJPW happy especially at a time when they're exploring running their own NA shows.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Also while Jay's crazy homophobia absolutely torpedoed a Briscoe Bros deal in the works, I'm pretty sure they made a later offer to them after things cooled down. Briscoes declined that one iirc because they didn't offer enough money for them to uproot their families and quit their shoot chicken farming job.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Not expecting it,but I'd love for Kyle to either decide to sign at the last minute or go to NJPW as I've really enjoyed his recent work there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

duyarvish posted:

Please do not disrespect the great Bobby Fish

If they lose Kyle they absolutely need Fish to keep he best theme in modern US wrestling alive

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

yoshi-hashi just pinned the world champion yeahhh lol

yoshi-hashi is better than the world champion so it's only natural that kayfabe would reflect that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i remember most people thought ROH was gonna be on board with FloSlam in the period between announcement and launch. Know if something happened there, or were negotiations never that serious to begin with?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Hasn't ROH historically had lots of trouble with having babyfaces in general? It feels like they're the last company that could actually pull off an outsider invasion unless it involved like, John Cena.

on a simialr note Matt Hardy worked really loving well as an invader heel during his shortish recent stint

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

going to the local show tonight which is apparently a tv taping. the only ROH I've watched in recent months was Final Battle, anything interesting been going on lately besides backstage drama and departures?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i'm not saying this should stop them from booking a match that has five cool people out of six, but given their heavy use of BC it's weird to see a match that totally contradicts NJPW factions and alignments.

For those who don't watch, DBS Jr is in Suzuki-gun which is the most pure heel faction in the company while War Machine have been booked as faces in their limited appearances there

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

And the Tempura Boyz were internally scheduled too.

In short it is being put down to the new restrictions the Trump administration brought in apparently.

https://twitter.com/TheRDouble/status/843840578823634944
:smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

g.o.d. are good now

they are. It still sucks due to the reasoning.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/878086926045257734

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

So did they book the real Mistico and just not give a poo poo that his name changed because everyone knows him as Mistico or did they book the new Mistico and they're just going to pretend he's the real Mistico?

I'm pretty sure they've booked Mistico II and I bet they're not pretending and just ignorant.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I get to see KUSHIDA, Hiromu, and :daryl: 3 miles from my house, so cool.

The one kinda interesting announcement I glossed over at first due to being more amped for Hiromu and KUSHIDA is KES. I guess Archer's healthy enough to come back now?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

who is socal uncensored?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i kinda like their theme especially in a company that's generally weak there, but in ring they're pretty unremarkable

• Locked thread