Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lio Rush is the best Rush because he doesn't sandbag you based on your nationality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nigel > Corino

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BlueArmyMan posted:

She's quite good, imo.

Trained by Rip Rogers, she has to be.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roque11 posted:

These breakdowns always occur between Elgin and ROH. It's been happening for the past few and it's nothing new. No big deal. They'll make up again soon enough and he still works for ROH's partner

Front office can't return calls of a former world champ. TOTALLY NORMAL.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and when did Cole start presenting femme?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH can keep Lethal and his mediocre rear end matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

this popped up in my feed the other day and i've been putting off watching it but i finally took the plunge tonight and i'm confident calling this a very bad wrestling match that is good and the audacity it took to book this in the first place is sorely missed in many promotions

There's no reason this needs to be 18 minutes. There's like 10 minutes of action here and its twice that length. Some of the hottest feuds in ROH history didn't get 18 minute blowoff matches but somehow this did and in front of people looking at their phones. Great. I wish more places took stupid risks like this.

holy poo poo, this is booked like an old WEW match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roque11 posted:

Typical Elgin. Not his first go around with ROH. Maybe next he can go tryout for MLB.

or maybe he can run his own promotion, raise his family and not be bothered with Sinclair's bush league rear end.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drinks a bunch
has a hot wife
talks like an 80s southern wrestler

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not even sure how ROH/sinclair could enforce a matching clause. if I was WWE, I'd force arbitration just to see what shakes loose.

I think its more than likely Kyle's picked up a fuckton of head trauma and WWE can't safely use him as a talent. There were some hints that Kyle may be having to deal with some "personal stuff" or whatever the last Rovert update was.

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 10, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

ROH needs to do something worthwhile if they want to continue to survive. You'd think that having open partnerships with CMLL and NJPW would make them become the super-indy alternative in the US but their roster sucks and since Steen/Generico left the company I haven't been that enthralled with anything they've been putting out.

ROH tried to treat Bullet Club like an evil invading faction for a minute but it fell apart because BC is beloved by wrestling nerds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The first statement is sorta true, but the CZW invasion of ROH is considered a high point by lots of people. It was well booked.

the ROH part anyway. CZW's side was a complete mess because Zandig didn't understand how an invasion was supposed to work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is WWN money better than ROH money?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still trying to figure out where Dijack touched Stephanie McMahon to not be on the smackdown undercard right now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MagicCube posted:

Bad in the short term maybe, and lovely for KO, Dijak, etc., but in the long term it's probably a good thing to put their foot down on WWE trying to undermine their contracts.

unless ROH is handing out lifechanging money, those contracts ain't poo poo and not worth enforcing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH should keep doing what its doing and focus on how to make money. That way when its cool to be old timey smashmouth wrestling again, they'll be ready.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Delirious sleeps with a lot of people.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maybe Kevin Kelly is just sleeping.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That match is gonna be fuckin great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/830793712590532617

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they're never gonna forgive Taven for landing on George The Animal Steele

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They should hire Joey Janella for stunt booking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the entire universe is flat if you hold your breath long enough

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris Daniels couldn't be any worse than Jay Lethal's championship reign.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Yes on ROH and New Japan.

Explains why the numbers on the ROH shows were always off by a few hundred. Must be hard to count with that mask being so tight and all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel like if ROH doesn't get swallowed up, Matt Riddle'd be a good fit: they probably don't care that he's a pothead, and he's a dude who could get them some attention while having great matches.

ROH would be perfect for a Jack Swagger/Matt Riddle match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm trying to think who in ROH or WWE is even on speaking terms let alone close enough to divulge major business news with JJ.

Coming up blank.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roque11 posted:

It doesn't matter since ROH drew nearly 4000 fans Saturday night. How many non-WWE companies in the U.S. can say the same thing?

WWN did 2k+ for three nights in a row.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hopefully Taeler's fetish work won't freak out WWE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonathan Gresham's signing with ROH is officially official. Solid get, completely underrated.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in a world where you can pick up a Jack Swagger, you get a Ken "taking a rough poo poo" Anderson instead.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

big gripe that War of the Worlds isn't touring through Chicago or Indy.

ROH really only draws well when it brings in international guys. But really, because of the way their finances are structured, they can afford to run humdrum shows and not break dudes.

Evolve is doing fine too but at a much higher injury rate. Crossfit fighting is brutal on the body.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here comes the spunk posted:

I wish they would have a PPV in Indy, but I can't think of where they could run it

Fair Ground has a bunch of different sized buildings they can use. It'd be dope if they could run the Coliseum proper, but it'd have to be a hella visible show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Adam Cole gonna be WWN Champ

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I once paid $25 to smell Samoa Joe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they'd need 6 months of promotions and sweetheart travel packages for fans. Plus they'd need to lock in talent contracts because WWE would most definitely poach if any other company tried to run MSG.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH hires a skinny white named Kenny that whenever he gets his rear end kicked, he yells STUNTCOCK and Kenny King replaces him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

literally all the stars of CMLL that haven't been fired and can legally cross the border.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shockercito is a better worker, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Expect a lot of fake news to circulate about Dalton Castle's contract soon.

Was he really under contract? I always figured, based on his card placement, he was one of their more reliable free agents

• Locked thread