Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well now, that changes everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Huge get, ROH! Dude was old and busted before 2010 rolled around.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jay Briscoe is slowly morphing into Johnny Blast.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what did ROH do to piss off WWE so badly? It seems like as soon as ROH started doing 2k+ gates WWE started loving with them. The NXT launch, the talent lockouts and now cockblocking MSG(a building that WWE doesn't even love that much other than the McMahon statue).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flyer's Skate Zone would love to host a ROH event.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope they fall off a cliff sucking each other's dicks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH still sucks when it doesn't have NJPW guys on the card, tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bully Ray is on the card, no buys.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/MandyLeonxo/status/1012895239437275137

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All of the NJPW regulars, even the flyin talent are light years ahead of the ROH only guys. Even dudes I absolutely love like Silas Young are nowhere near where they should be in stature because ROH is this weird black hole they fall into.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

roh is not very good at booking babyface champions, or at least they've shown an inability to. actually thats not really true, i thought briscoe's two reigns were done really well. dunno why he didnt break out more.

Briscoes torpedo’d themselves by going on social media.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Calling anything involving Jay Lethal or Dalton Castle MOTYC worthy is a bit of a reach.

But thanks for the chuckle, Roque.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Dalton, maybe, but Lethal is legit a fantastic worker. With the right opponent, he could absolutely have a MOTYC.

I like Lethal, I think he's a hard worker. However, his ringwork leaves me kinda meh. There's no intensity or urgency to his work. But it could be the ROH effect.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have no idea what is going on with Taeler Hendrix but she pretty much became a non-factor with ROH after the Mandy feud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Taeler trying to say she's a bigger draw than Martini is some pretty funny poo poo.

Her social media reads like a self insert fanfic. Not sure if she's killing time or what.

As for Jay demanding she sleep with him, that's some poo poo I didn't see coming. He always came off as too boring for that kind of thing. Drink's very sparingly, doesn't have any other bad habits to speak of, and I believe has been married happily for quite some time. Not saying its out of the realm of possibilities because working for ROH drives people insane.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NIgel McGuinness was the normal one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Content wise it is a really well-handled statement:

https://twitter.com/TheLethalJay/status/1016047924319522816

Theres's not a lot of good ways to handle these accusations. This is about as close as it gets. Whatever is going on with Tealer, I hope she gets help and finds some peace. Very sad stuff all around.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah, I'm out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if all this leads to is a fist fight between Bobby Cruise and Billy Corgan, it will be worth it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

In light of Toru turning a page in his life and doing a serious G1, let's remember the good times when he brought his cheating and DVD-selling craft to ROH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATQ-fmduMQ

that was amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Punk doing it as a "gently caress you" to WWE would not be out of the realm of possibilities. Especially now that writing is pretty much on the wall with his UFC adventures. I doubt he'll bite tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't see him getting into a wrestling ring for anything less than a million dollars and a sudden urge to start wrestling again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its cool that ROH is doing great business but they're not doing great art, which is a problem that'll come to a head down the road. They'll find that bit to tug and get people excited about their shows to talk about online. Or they won't and people will stop coming. Such is the way of things.

• Locked thread