Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Schizotek posted:

What, besides the esteemed opinion of yourself, makes it a lie? VRA got gutted. A bunch of states, including swing states, took advantage to shut down hundreds of minority polling stations and remove early voting. Do you have any proof that, uh, "Making the entire platform about minorities" or whatever the gently caress fever dream idiots in this thread actually think is a thing was the reason and not that?

Michigan nor Penn had VRA's, and you screaming minorities aren't smart enough to get id's or capable voting is demeaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

stone cold posted:

Again, project much?

Also, it's pretty adorable that you think I'm a 4chan troll for thinking that minorities are people.

Actually you don't.

According to the privlege theory? I'm not. My skin color is white l, but I recently found out my ancestry was not.

There are also other things I'd like to keep private because thats my right. These are things that would not be considered "privlege"

You don't care. You are indeed a dishonest troll.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

You don't have any values. You have a bunch of slogans that prove how much better you are than everyone else. And the American people, black and white alike, man and woman like, gay and straight alike, listened to you spout that self-righteous garbage for an 18-month election season then got up and spat in your face. In a more honest ideology this would prompt some self-reflection but you can never expect that from liberals.

I'm beginning to think you might not be a leftist at all, in fact you might just be a slacktivist!

Reminder that by the way Trump lost the popular vote and democracy in this country is constrained by racist institutions birthed by dead slaveowners.

Gonna toss out that if you think this election was a working class revolt, then you're a classist dumbass. This election was nothing more than the unleashing of the fragile white American middle class id backlashing against notions of diversity.

What a stunner though that a poster named thug lessons thinks he can speak for black people without any self-reflection on his undoubtedly "ironic" racism.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Schizotek posted:

What, besides the esteemed opinion of yourself, makes it a lie? VRA got gutted. A bunch of states, including swing states, took advantage to shut down hundreds of minority polling stations and remove early voting. Do you have any proof that, uh, "Making the entire platform about minorities" or whatever the gently caress fever dream idiots in this thread actually think is a thing was the reason and not that?

No one denies the blocking of the VRA suppressed the vote. It's that if your message resonated with women, black Americans, Latino Americans and all the rest you would have actually seen a surge in the millions, maybe tens of millions, that completely erased the hundreds of thousands the GOP suppressed. You are doomed and the sooner you realize it the sooner you can start developing a politics that can actually win.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

FuzzySkinner posted:

Actually you don't.

According to the privlege theory? I'm not. My skin color is white l, but I recently found out my ancestry was not.

There are also other things I'd like to keep private because thats my right. These are things that would not be considered "privlege"

Perhaps you should invest in spell check instead of ancestry dot com. And if you don't think passing for white is an enormous boon to you in job interviews, interacting with law enforcement and people at large in this country, then you have deluded yourself right on out of a fact-based reality.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

stone cold posted:

I'm beginning to think you might not be a leftist at all, in fact you might just be a slacktivist!

Reminder that by the way Trump lost the popular vote and democracy in this country is constrained by racist institutions birthed by dead slaveowners.

Gonna toss out that if you think this election was a working class revolt, then you're a classist dumbass. This election was nothing more than the unleashing of the fragile white American middle class id backlashing against notions of diversity.

What a stunner though that a poster named thug lessons thinks he can speak for black people without any self-reflection on his undoubtedly "ironic" racism.

This is really the best you can offer? The other guy is at least trying to address the substantial points I'm bringing up. You on the other hand aren't and for that matter don't seem to understand what I'm saying at all, considering you think I'm saying "this election was a working class revolt" rather than "the working class (black, Latino and LGBT alike) find you revolting".

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

This is really the best you can offer? The other guy is at least trying to address the substantial points I'm bringing up. You on the other hand aren't and for that matter don't seem to understand what I'm saying at all, considering you think I'm saying "this election was a working class revolt" rather than "the working class (black, Latino and LGBT alike) find you revolting".

Considering they were too busy slaving away so idiots like you could spend your bitcoin instead of being able to vote, or they had their right to vote taken away by John Roberts, I don't get your point.

But please tell me more about how minorities love the Trumpstaffel, you intellectually dishonest middle class dumbass.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

stone cold posted:

Perhaps you should invest in spell check instead of ancestry dot com. And if you don't think passing for white is an enormous boon to you in job interviews, interacting with law enforcement and people at large in this country, then you have deluded yourself right on out of a fact-based reality.

Yep. Just keep ignoring the other two things that actively would harm me in the other areas.

What a fraud you are.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 8, 2016

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

stone cold posted:

Considering they were too busy slaving away so idiots like you could spend your bitcoin instead of being able to vote, or they had their right to vote taken away by John Roberts, I don't get your point.

But please tell me more about how minorities love the Trumpstaffel, you intellectually dishonest middle class dumbass.

You're never going to find a way out of the predicament you find yourself in if you're going to keep pretending "Minorities won't vote according to liberal identity politics" with "Minorities love Trump". But that's no problem for me. I'm happy enough to keep siphoning off your base while you blame everything on #BernieBros and no one listens just like they didn't listen on election day.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeo. Just keep ignoring g the other two things that actively would harm me in the other areas.

What a fraud you are.

I'm sorry what are your "other two things?"

I genuinely don't understand what your post is trying to say, but I guess to you I say, I don't have very much sympathy to somebody who has repeatedly posted how much more strongly they identify with Trump voters than with struggling minorities and who, in any discussion of the working class, steamrolls over minority issues to breathlessly say "but what about white economic anxiety you guys?"

You are the fraud leftist.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

You're never going to find a way out of the predicament you find yourself in if you're going to keep pretending "Minorities won't vote according to liberal identity politics" with "Minorities love Trump". But that's no problem for me. I'm happy enough to keep siphoning off your base while you blame everything on #BernieBros and no one listens just like they didn't listen on election day.

I'm glad you admit to voting for Trump.

Also, I am not the avatar of the Democratic Party, friend. For one, I support far more left economic and social policy.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

stone cold posted:

Also, I am not the avatar of the Democratic Party, friend. For one, I support far more left economic and social policy.

You are an avatar of Fox News campus leftists.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

The next election season is going to be exactly the same. The Dems will run some lovely, corrupt neoliberal who has nothing to offer the working class except sanctimonious scolding about how racist they are, and they'll lose. They'll condemn us to another four years of Trump just like the condemned us to four years a month ago. And then we'll have liberals like stone cold, (whose name is an insult to a great wrestler who once gave Donald Trump the Stone Cold Stunner), will be here to tell us that the reason this happened wasn't their incompetence, but because white people.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

stone cold posted:

In the immortal words of Yoda, this is why you fail.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

The next election season is going to be exactly the same. The Dems will run some lovely, corrupt neoliberal who has nothing to offer the working class except sanctimonious scolding about how racist they are, and they'll lose. They'll condemn us to another four years of Trump just like the condemned us to four years a month ago. And then we'll have liberals like stone cold, (whose name is an insult to a great wrestler who once gave Donald Trump the Stone Cold Stunner), will be here to tell us that the reason this happened wasn't their incompetence, but because white people.

And once again you'll accomplish nothing by a. Giving money to the wifi lady and b. Pretending the working class is only made up of white people.

But hey let's disenfranchise black voters in the south because they didn't vote for Saint Bernard of Sanders!

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah the idea of minority rights and equality has (rightly) become mainstream enough that it's attracted its own brand of authoritarians. Watching them rage against their counterparts on the right is like watching fundamentalist christians and radical islamists each call the other the devil. Watching them beat up on their own side for not toeing their line reminds me of the reaction to people thinking that bombing the poo poo out of Iraq was a bad idea.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

You are the avatar of Fox News. How does it feel to have your sons running your evil empire, Mr. Murdoch?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySkinner posted:

Actually you don't.

That ain't how it works.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

stone cold posted:

I forgot, Donald "Beloved by The KKK and White Nationalists" Trump pandered to.... gosh darn it who was it that wanted to kick out all the Hispanics, put Muslims in camps, and thinks we don't have enough law and order, aka killing of black youths.

Gee I wonder who is feeling economic anxiety that is like the working class but without all the minorities?

Hmm.... must be people with unknowable motives who are real lone wolves.
The Donald Trump who actually ran is not the same as the Donald Trump you've manufactured in your head: http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

stone cold posted:

You are the avatar of Fox News. How does it feel to have your sons running your evil empire, Mr. Murdoch?

All I want is Putin to pay for stealing my wife.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

The Donald Trump who actually ran is not the same as the Donald Trump you've manufactured in your head: http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

That writer took a LOT of time and effort to prove that Trump was opportunistically using racism and Islamophobia to energize his base while trying to prove that Trump isn't racist.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

"Some Idiot' posted:

This is equally true on race-related and non-race-related issues. People ask “How could Trump believe the wacky conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Kenya, if he wasn’t racist?” I don’t know. How could Trump believe the wacky conspiracy theory that vaccines cause autism? How could Trump believe the wacky conspiracy theory that the Clintons killed Vince Foster? How could Trump believe the wacky conspiracy theory that Ted Cruz’s father shot JFK?

Trump will apparently believe anything for any reason, especially about his political opponents. If Clinton had been black but Obama white, we’d be hearing that the Vince Foster conspiracy theory proves Trump’s bigotry, and the birtherism was just harmless wackiness.

Likewise, how could Trump insult a Mexican judge just for being Mexican? I don’t know. How could Trump insult a disabled reporter just for being disabled? How could Trump insult John McCain just for being a beloved war hero? Every single person who’s opposed him, Trump has insulted in various offensive ways, including 140 separate incidents of him calling someone “dopey” or “dummy” on Twitter, and you expect him to hold his mouth just because the guy is a Mexican?

I don’t think people appreciate how weird this guy is. His weird way of speaking. His catchphrases like “haters and losers!” or “Sad!”. His tendency to avoid perfectly reasonable questions in favor of meandering tangents about Mar-a-Lago. The ability to bait him into saying basically anything just by telling him people who don’t like him think he shouldn’t.

If you insist that Trump would have to be racist to say or do whatever awful thing he just said or did, you are giving him too much credit. Trump is just randomly and bizarrely terrible. Sometimes his random and bizarre terribleness is about white people, and then we laugh it off. Sometimes it’s about minorities, and then we interpret it as racism.
Trump is horrible in other ways, ergo blatantly racist things are not racist. QED :smug:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

the trump tutelage posted:

The fact the guy quotes CATO makes me want to gulag him though.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

stone cold posted:

And once again you'll accomplish nothing by a. Giving money to the wifi lady and b. Pretending the working class is only made up of white people.

But hey let's disenfranchise black voters in the south because they didn't vote for Saint Bernard of Sanders!

You are a caricature.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm the Avatar of CNN

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Liberals don't understand that you can't counter a message like Trump's if you fail to offer a counter-narrative. It was clear to everyone that he was racist, sexist, xenophobic and everything else, and Hillary lost because she failed to tell any of those groups how she'd do anything differently. And for that matter she didn't intend to. It's just like how she attacked Trump for failing pay taxes but never offered a solution that would make billionaires like Trump pay taxes. She didn't want billionaires to pay taxes so everyone saw right through it, and that's exactly what happened on her identity politics argument too. Unless you have actual solutions, which contemporary identity politics doesn't, everyone will tell you to gently caress off. The hysterical specter of Trumpschwitz isn't enough.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mnoba posted:

Michigan nor Penn had VRA's, and you screaming minorities aren't smart enough to get id's or capable voting is demeaning.

Burn all of your IDs and other documents. All of them. Then try to get replacements.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Higsian posted:

Yeah the idea of minority rights and equality has (rightly) become mainstream enough that it's attracted its own brand of authoritarians. Watching them rage against their counterparts on the right is like watching fundamentalist christians and radical islamists each call the other the devil. Watching them beat up on their own side for not toeing their line reminds me of the reaction to people thinking that bombing the poo poo out of Iraq was a bad idea.

Yeah, the idea that women can do most of the stuff men can do has mostly settled into the minds of the public.
Manspreading and male tears memes are the sort of things that provoke a backlash against feminism when women decide its a good idea to spread that stuff around social media. Then there was the whole 'listen and believe' thing going around and articles about how courts should take a womans word aboud being raped as without dispute... ignoring the events of 'to kill a mockingbird'.
Stuff like that feminist glaciology study makes the work of more reasonable feminists harder, since the stuff the radicals yell about is everywhere on social media and sites like salon/jezebel/mary sue.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pharohman777 posted:

Yeah, the idea that women can do most of the stuff men can do has mostly settled into the minds of the public.
Manspreading and male tears memes are the sort of things that provoke a backlash against feminism when women decide its a good idea to spread that stuff around social media. Then there was the whole 'listen and believe' thing going around and articles about how courts should take a womans word aboud being raped as without dispute... ignoring the events of 'to kill a mockingbird'.
Stuff like that feminist glaciology study makes the work of more reasonable feminists harder, since the stuff the radicals yell about is everywhere on social media and sites like salon/jezebel/mary sue.

"Women are lying whores who lie about getting raped all the time and should never be believed because it's probably just like to kill a mockingbird. It's okay to ignore feminism because memes made me feel bad."- an unironic "leftist"

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Mnoba posted:

I missed this. I never mentioned voter ID. Why you lyin?

Thug Lessons posted:

Liberals don't understand that you can't counter a message like Trump's if you fail to offer a counter-narrative. It was clear to everyone that he was racist, sexist, xenophobic and everything else, and Hillary lost because she failed to tell any of those groups how she'd do anything differently. And for that matter she didn't intend to. It's just like how she attacked Trump for failing pay taxes but never offered a solution that would make billionaires like Trump pay taxes. She didn't want billionaires to pay taxes so everyone saw right through it, and that's exactly what happened on her identity politics argument too. Unless you have actual solutions, which contemporary identity politics doesn't, everyone will tell you to gently caress off. The hysterical specter of Trumpschwitz isn't enough.

The kernal of truth in this is that negative campaigns don't work no matter how awful your opponent is, and focusing on Trumps failings to the extent she did was a really bad mistake, but one that seemed reasonable at the time. Hopefully with Kerry and Hillary combined we can avoid this same mistake for a generation.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

stone cold posted:

"Women are lying whores who lie about getting raped all the time and should never be believed because it's probably just like to kill a mockingbird. It's okay to ignore feminism because memes made me feel bad."- an unironic "leftist"
Beating up a straw man doesn't make you a tough guy.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bel Shazar posted:

That writer took a LOT of time and effort to prove that Trump was opportunistically using racism and Islamophobia to energize his base while trying to prove that Trump isn't racist.

The writer is a fool shared by idiots who think, "It's the length of a short story, it must be smart!"

Somebody posted that writers whine about bullying called "[something] outgroup" months ago in a different thread. It was over 7000 words and when I asked the person who posted if they had read it themselves they admitted to only skimming it, which still took them 15 minutes lmao

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'd like to point out that the IWW's biggest* success recently is getting loving tip jars at a restaurant chain.

Tips, not higher wages, is what the IWW can offer you!

Direct action gets the tips!

Your boss doesn't need you, you need tips!

Look for the Union Label on the tip jar!

The secret of tips is organization!

*The one they talk about the most, there could be some other better one that is more obscure

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Did you mean to post that in the Donald Trump Presidency thread or....

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Sundown towns are still very much a thing. I refuse to stop in Vidor, Tx because of its history. It's not something I am willing to risk my life with.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Sundown towns are still very much a thing. I refuse to stop in Vidor, Tx because of its history. It's not something I am willing to risk my life with.

We still have one in my neck of the woods called "Louisville, Ohio".

http://sundown.tougaloo.edu/sundowntownsshow.php?id=121

There's a very creepy vibe in that town and it's residents. The people in there look like a cross between sinister and inbred. I played football against their team in HS. Their fans spat on us, and it's been alleged that they hurled racial slurs at our african american halfback. (I cannot confirm this, just going off of stories my friends told me).

Even white people avoid that place like the plague. My old pizza joint boss couldn't stand the hatred there and bailed like a motherfucker.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

FuzzySkinner posted:

We still have one in my neck of the woods called "Louisville, Ohio".

http://sundown.tougaloo.edu/sundowntownsshow.php?id=121

There's a very creepy vibe in that town and it's residents. The people in there look like a cross between sinister and inbred. I played football against their team in HS. Their fans spat on us, and it's been alleged that they hurled racial slurs at our african american halfback. (I cannot confirm this, just going off of stories my friends told me).

Even white people avoid that place like the plague. My old pizza joint boss couldn't stand the hatred there and bailed like a motherfucker.

I've bolded the unacceptable hate-speech. We should strive to be "person" forward, so it would be "they hurled racial slurs at our African American player with kyphosis".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

I've bolded the unacceptable hate-speech. We should strive to be "person" forward, so it would be "they hurled racial slurs at our African American player with kyphosis".

lol.

He's doing alright. He was actually smarter than any of us assholes on our team (got an academic scholarship to Akron U.) and I believe is working in a STEM field IIRC.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Shbobdb posted:

consider striving your "person" to stop posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

stone cold posted:

'Text in quotes after quoted post intended to look like a summary but massively misrepresenting it' - a "good poster"

If you are sincerely attempting to help the causes you support, can't you see and feel the failure that follows you when you do thst? Do you have some kind of unexamined privilege that blinds you to it?

• Locked thread