Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Stone cold did this, to which you then jumped to their defense because you saw the word 'virtue signaling' in an environment appropriate for its use.

A white supremacist rally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

For sure. Social and Fiscal leftism intersect too much to enact either without the other and achieve effective results. Neither should take backseat to the other.

Nah, we can be done with this idea. Leftism has not been able to provide a pathway to an inclusive politics. If neoliberalism, state capitalism or rude, bearded despotism can, let's go with it.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Its convenient then that this isn't the case, and abandoning allies over mistakes 50+ years ago has resulted in the election of an orange real estate clown who will be ruling against our collective interests and appointing a young SC judge likely to be ruling against our interests for decades to come

Are these allies white by any chance?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

There's plenty of poor minorities, and Hillary turned out less minority dems by % than Obama, so not entirely?

So yes?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why won't midwestern dems who voted for the most charismatic man of the 21st century vote for the tone-deaf, power-entitled wife of a former president? QUICK LET'S SHOVEL MINORITIES INTO A FURNACE TO FIND OUT

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Where has anyone advocated abandoning minority issues

Oh not you. Not you, you just happen to be using the same phrase that the people advocating for that are using, and posting in the thread discussing that issue. Your hands are so clean I could eat off them

quote:

How was clinton power-entitled

:raise:

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

She was a woman who wanted to be president, why do you have an issue with this?

She was a woman who rose to popularity because her husband got a blowjob. The democratic party then capitalized on this popularity by lining up a series of positions for her. She was perfectly qualified to fill these positions, but she would not have gotten them without the lurid details of her husband's philandering. At no point did democrats stop to ask themselves if anybody actually liked her. She lacks charisma and has lost any connection to the underprivileged people she once served. She was a lovely candidate.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

How can I be sexist, you're all just text on a screen to me

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Too subtle on my part imo

But not subtle enough where it counts, trumpador

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eightpole posted:

this whole thread is a word salad & my question is: is thishow Americans talk irl?? do your country have brain disease

I mean, take a look at what happened. Am I supposed to say no?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schizotek posted:

Ignoring the screaming match above, where is the idea that democrats abandoned economic leftism coming from? Have you been in some hoxhaist bunker for the past 50 years? This was probably the first election in our lives where the democratic party could be even vaguely considered a leftist party, instead of the party leftists vote for.

Could you be referring to the revolutionary politics of Eisenhower Democrat Bernie Sanders??

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schizotek posted:

e: I do like how even in a comparison of Democratic party economic platforms you can't stop loving whining about SOCIAL JUSTICE!!!!!

Oh dear! It's always a little embarrassing when it pops out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySkinner posted:

Actually you don't.

According to the privlege theory? I'm not. My skin color is white l, but I recently found out my ancestry was not.

There are also other things I'd like to keep private because thats my right. These are things that would not be considered "privlege"

You don't care. You are indeed a dishonest troll.

That ain't how it works.

• Locked thread