Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Neurolimal posted:

If people are being harassed over an innocent project (after reading the site I still don't know whats in the box though, besides probably safety pins) then thats worth complaining about, I'm talking more like a few pages back where I used "Virtue-Signaling" and immediately lost what little trust debaters on the opposite side had because Bad Men used that word. Those kind of purity tests and word landmines kind of repel people.

The box is a lame guilt trip and cash grab. I'm not sure anyone should be harassed over it, but telling someone their charity or product or whatever is a guilt trip and/or cash grab is also not harassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Captain Oblivious posted:

The problem is that you should, as a leftist, always harbor a degree of suspicion when people bellow It's the Economy Stupid because it can and does enable a narrative that all social ills will go away if we just focus on economy/class issues.

This stupid poo poo again. Well if someone says that then we will tell them that just fixing the economy won't erase racism. Right?

No I guess that won't work. We have to avoid addressing real problems because someone might pretend they are the only problems. What other area of life do you apply this to? Like you can't admit your house smells like poo poo because the trash can is full because that would justify the "narrative" that you don't actually need a shower?

Mr. Belding fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 6, 2016

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
Oh what the gently caress is that poo poo. Of course black baby boomers didn't vote for Sanders. Boomers don't do anything right, ever, regardless of race (some of the older and fatter ones are starting to, though).

Sanders lost because he started from way behind, and even if he'd found enough popular support he would have been crushed by superdelegates. He won because Hillary got her rear end beat by a loving cheetoh. The world will lose because for some reason an alarming number of democrats think that this is a good enough reason to continue business as usual.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

khwarezm posted:

Bizarre rant about Black Boomers aside, Sanders may have started on the back foot but opened with quite a splash in Iowa and New Hampshire. He just could not get through in the south. He also wasn't really able to make up for his shortcomings by the time of states like California when his name and positions were much better known.

It was about all Boomers.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Eimi posted:

This whole idpol slapfight is bizarre and just seems to me to be a way to not really address that Democrats have failed at everything. They still seem more committed to lip service than standing for anything. Look at how they are rushing to roll over for Trump all in the name of being the bigger man, as if that means anything or gotten anything accomplished. Even Bernie is doing that. Says it's good strategy all you want it still makes him look like he doesn't really have any conviction. The Dems lost because no one believes in them. I don't. I still have to vote for them because lip service is better than active hostility but I wish the politicians representing me had some courage.

Give a concrete example of Bernie "rushing to roll over for Trump".

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

berningman posted:

To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.

You don't get to call that rolling over and then be spoken to like an adult. Grow the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

stone cold posted:

Cool your persecution complex.

loving lol.