Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Nonsense posted:

American Apparel is probably next.

Last I heard Amazon was in talks to buy them out of bankruptcy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I thought he sold all the valuable properties to his reit and left the lovely ones under corporate control?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
For a long time the biggest distinguishing feature of Kmart was that they had layaway and Walmart didn't but then I guess they got rid of it and there was literally no reason to ever go to a Kmart unless it was the only place in your transportation range to shop. I worked at one in high school, and quit shortly after they merged with Sears. Even back then there was a feeling of decline and that the merger was an attempt to save two fading companies. I'm surprised it's taken this long for the whole thing to unwind.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Ammanas posted:

Occasionally they will have items that are genuinely good quality marked down because primary retailers couldn't move them and dumped them in bulk but broadly? It's sub-market garbage based on illusionary value

Modern quality control processes should make the inventory of genuinely rejected mainline items so small that it would be impossible to stock all their outlet stores, it's a complete fiction

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I thought I had it bad when our main customer decided to give themselves a 2% discount for paying net 10 after unilaterally imposing a 15% cut in payments because they can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I used to take pictures of the worst loads I saw when I unloaded trucks and stocked shelves, the best was like 12 pallets worth of dairy and meat that was stacked up... but wasn't on pallets at all.
The single worst experience there was when the meat department threw away about 50lbs of expired product in the cardboard baler instead of the garage chute, in August