Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DeathSandwich posted:

If he loses, it's not going to be that much. Part of what he's done so far is that he sold the buildings of 235 Sears stores to himself, via a investment trust that he created two years ago. What 'personal money' he's investing in Sears he's extracting right out again as rent the stores are now paying to Seritage. In advance of bankrupcy he's selling off Sears' house brands and I pretty much expect that before the end of the year anything that's even remotely profitable will be spun off into it's own LLCs or companies leaving the dessicated husk of the Sears brand to wither with literally nothing left to its name. Those buildings he conveniently sold to himself or the band names he sold off while they were worth something won't have to be bargain basement auctioned off in the process and he's free to turn around, cut the buildings up into strip malls, and rent them out to the next comers.

He's setting up Sears to fail because there's more money in it for him to ensure that the company fails RIGHT NOW than it is for him to continue to let the company hemorrhage money for the next 5-10 years while the upper management continues to churn and bumble in his Libertarian Dream World.

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like I would have more success if I just set fire to some old price labels in a pentagram made of stock return tape and chanted the threefold invocation of Making Good The Allocation.

Huh, I never realized you were a fellow economist.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Dameius posted:

Pizza is a lot like Chinese food in the sense that America doesnt really include it as a concept when it comes to anything other than cheap and quick. So, generally, the market for high end or more upscale or even just more robust options never pans out.

:raise: dunno where you live but there are three more-upscale pizza places off the top of my head in my small-to-medium Texas city, not counting upscale-places-that-have-pizza

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Reminder of that time one junction box got flooded with concrete and brought the London Underground to it’s knees. http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/23/set-in-stone-victoria-line-closed-after-control-room-is-flooded-with-fast-setting-concrete-4275088/

The desperate battle to minimalize the upfucking is an amazing story.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Good poo poo, ty
Time for guillotines

:geno:

is that really the sophistication of your takeaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

Nobody is "figuring out" anything unless they're hearing it from their doctor, the rest just keep hearing about this "gluten" thing being bad so they just think it's unhealthy and they don't even know why. "Gluten free" in effect just means the product either didn't use gluten in the first place, or it's using rice flour and xanthan gum, which isn't any more nutritious.

Cassava flour might be more nutritious, but the amount of cassava we produce / eat in the US is basically negligible.

Which is a shame, the drat thing is probably more suited to eg Arizona than irrigation-intensive bullshit.