Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I feel like the problem is that nice capitalism is successful when there's megacorp dickheads to compete with.
Theres always going to be this race to the bottom. Kind of like how the murderous dictator isn't a feature of full communism now but tends to pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The last days of the Granite Run were extremely depressing. My LGS moved out of there.

Edit: it's across the street from a hospital so medical offices is a good idea

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 27, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Trash rich people? You mean the fyrefest refugees?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

You don't maintain your high score wasting it on packaging

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

This is relevant to the purpose of this thread, because one of the biggest problems with retailers and younger consumers is trying to sort out the different needs of young people who aren't traditional consumers. People in their 20s don't want to go to JC Penneys for clothing, but is it because they are spending 100 dollars on a shirt at a boutique store, or is it because they are buying T-Shirts for three dollars at Goodwill, or for $1.69 a pound at a Goodwill Outlet store? These are very different things, and yet they are kind of piled together as one thing.

Shirts cost $4. People got real mad about that change.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What we need to do is cut costs

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Xibanya posted:

:argh: anyway, long story short, retail is bullshit.

None of this would be a problem if our bullshit Victorian capitalism society didn't force us to buy clothes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I originally read that post as "why wear leggings with designs under a dress that covers them" but then they made the rest of their posts

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Gun sales have recently plummeted (gee I wonder why)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The goodwill I work at has to explain that there aren't any other cashiers to put out like five times a day. Its dumb and lovely and telling us all to work harder to cover the dwindling staff is having the opposite effect. Though I don't feel too bad for the people they spend hours here loitering but suddenly they're in a big hurry when they want to check out.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Bleeding the employees soon enough bleeds customer service, so the customer pays in the end.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/10/ayn_rand_loving_ceo_destroys_his_empire_partner/

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Blue Star posted:

i think we should all be naked all the time.

Hell yeah

Raldikuk posted:

They still do this. The best is if something doesn't have a price tag since they don't even use the upc at all in the system. I had to stand and wait for 15 mins for a manager to try and find the item I had and its price but none of them had one on it. I finally negotiated a price and the cashier typed the price in under whatever department it was. Apparently this is because the hobby lobby owners believe upcs are the mark of the devil or somesuch.

The three short bars in the code are 6 making 666 in ever bar code thus you are marked with the number of the beast when you buy poo poo, as explained in this vhs

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I've heard of someone getting demoted in Goodwill of all places

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

When we get those at the Goodwill a manager has to up price them because all of us hate those creepy things and won't correctly value it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

A steal at $140

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Micro center by me does fine. But they have their own in house brand of computers, so you can get a desktop priced like you built it yourself without building it. And most of the store is stuff like routers or electrical outlet internet connector dodads

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nice

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

NihilismNow posted:

Trying to compete on price in Germany, land of the discount supermarket. Yeah you're totally going to win a price battle with Lidl and Aldi. Aldi a chain so miserly that they didn't have a telephone line in their stores and made their employees memorize all article codes rather than buy a barcode scanner.

I applied to an Aldi here in America and they didn't have a phone and I was like what the gently caress

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I don't think anyone really makes them anymore. A company named CHEP fabricates all the lovely pallets in the world, paints them blue, and sends them off into the ether to make money. When folks are talking about building a pallet, they mean stacking all the boxes together. It's like playing Lego Tetris.

blue pallets are awful they weight a thousand pounds. I've seen some hosed up pallets at goodwill let me tell you. The worst is the weirdo one with little legs basically, so hard to get the jack under it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I went to king of Prussia three years ago and it was way more high end than I remember it being a decade ago.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Horseshoe theory posted:

I remember back in 1999 (or so) the gaming store that I bought some RPG source book from - not sure if it's still there so many years later.

I don't think it is

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Only proles can't afford an umbrella

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

White Rock posted:

So the natural progression of public spaces is to bring the entire city under a roof? I come from a quite cold climate as well and let me tell you i hate indoor malls with a vengeance. Especially since a lot of main streets get built in and then the whole space is commercialized. But then again we have actually walkable cities so.

I don't think anybody cares if a walmart is inside a mall or as a standalone box in the middle of no where. But everyone loves walking around in old, dense, urban cores, especially if they live close by OR (and here is the key) they can rely on public transport to do all their needs.

I welcome our archology cyberpunk future

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

This thread keeps making me think of the scene in True Stories where he's talking about how the mall is the new town square.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Great Metal Jesus posted:

But eventually public transport will make its way to THE POORS and then they can take the train to your neighborhood with their booze and their weeds and steal your television.

An actual argument that was made against the smart train in the North Bay

And elsewhere. If not explicitly. Some dude is deffo going to take the 2pm into the city carrying your flat screen and get away with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Do they pay over time?