Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

fishmech posted:

No, in an Ikea you go grab the stuff yourself. A Service Merchandise had all the Ikea displays of stuff, but if you wanted that bed/chair/whatever you saw, you had either the staff go get it in the back-warehouse, or most of the time had to wait for it to be delivered to the store from a distribution center.
Maybe it depends on the Ikea, because you definitely have to go to the back-warehouse to get the bigger stuff where I'm from, with only the smaller high volume stuff (and things which can fit in relatively small flatpack) being something you get yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

fishmech posted:

Eh you're not getting it.

At a Service Merchandise, the workers go got everything for you. The warehouse area was offlimits, and for a lot of the items it was even an actual warehouse at another location. So you might order a thing, wait a few days, and come back to pick it up

At an Ikea, you go get everything yourself from the warehouse, which you're allowed to go in. Occasionally for really big stuff an employee will help, of course.
Maybe I'm not being clear, but what I'm saying is, my local Ikea has both. Some poo poo you can get yourself in the warehouse between the showroom and the checkout, while for other stuff you have to go down the road to another warehouse where a worker will find your stuff for you.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Ehhhh wages aren't great here, it's more just that literally everyone from the top down would not accept goods without a receipt and I think customers expect that to be the case too. I don't even know if you can do returns without receipts to enter into the system in most stores.
Yeah, I'd expect it to be treated as some sort of scam at the expense of the store, with the offender being fired and/or reported to the police, over anything else.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

PT6A posted:

Because you don't want your brand to be associated with anything but thin, attractive people, so you just make it impossible for anyone else to wear, of course!
I'm pretty sure they haven't invented clothes that can't be worn by ugly people.