Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Manhattan in general is kind of an exception. That was a place that up until fairly recently had been an ongoing meme for Most Crime Ridden Hellhole In America (Central Park specifically. There's a reason why "Don't jog Central Park at night" was a thing)

Now it's been gentrified to hell and back and raising a fist anywhere near Times Square will magically spawn 15 cops like you were in an RPG and stole a loaf of bread

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I really liked the use of the Wiimote in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. You waved it around as a flashlight, sometimes it would behave as the phone you were carrying and you'd get creepy calls through the speaker

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I used to work in the meat department of a Walmart, one day out of the blue they became convinced that employees were walking out the door with products. So they started checking every employee's bags at the doors (shockingly finding nothing), and eventually just forbade anyone from carrying any sort of bag while on the job, no matter where you stowed it. Meanwhile the head security/store operations guy was arriving in a newly bought BMW and it became a running joke how he was mysteriously pulling in more money than anyone else on the payroll while loudly declaring how he was going to catch us thieves in the act of stealing hot dogs.

Also yeah, the sheer amount of food that got thrown out daily was completely insane

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like Safeway has always gouged. When I was a kid it was a running thing "We're not shopping at Safeway, the prices are insane"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Reminds me of working at Walmart years ago, they grew obsessed that employees were stealing things and started checking every worker's bags at the door. Meanwhile the head middle manager was rolling around in a BMW and it was a running joke how he managed to afford the thing