Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I need more ways to gently caress with Walmart. I used to work there and disliked it enough that I will go out of my way to avoid shopping there, but now I'm wondering if there's more I can do. There's worse hobbies to have.
Maybe something to help the employees unionize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Plinkey posted:

That's a good way to get the store shut down and everyone fired.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/union-walmart-shut-5-stores-over-labor-activism/
Yeah, so I've heard. Still seems like the best way forward.
Worse comes to worse, another Walmart closes. Still counts as loving with Walmart, right?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Uncle Jam posted:

This was/is a big problem in Detroit and literally took the death of some of the dudes who were doing it before these places actually got fixed and started renting out again.
Just making sure, but that's referring to death by natural causes, not vigilante actions, right?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Underlings.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

fishmech posted:

I mean the whole premise is no cheap burger chains exist anymore for lack of cheap beef right? So they'd simply have to their fish, their chicken, their wholly vegetarian stuff more often. Maybe bring in some much different recipes from their other regions and then list a burger that's pretty expensive now for a nod to continuity. And since those things will take time to manifest anyway, there's moves to lead the branding to downplay bugs, bring up whatever.
:stonk::can:
I was reading really fast and I thought you were referring to things like mealworns and cricket flour. Totally nutritious and economical, as long as you can convince people to eat them.

But it reminds me of trying out the Impossible (veggie) Burger in a trendy place in NYC - it tasted exactly like a fast food cheeseburger and fries...for $20. Good if it's a prototype, terrible if it's the finished product.

TB, did any of McDonald's emergency plans refer to replacing or thinning their ingredients, when the current ones become unaffordable? Or is there not really room for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Not in any conversations I had. They were pretty sensitive about food quality concerns - there was some flak about their chicken nuggets using meat glue (:gonk:) at the time. I think they've changed their recipe since then as a response to that.

It's important to remember that it's not just ingredients that will affect the menu but changing customer tastes too, and that's something I see McD's doing poorly at even right now. They had all the research in the world telling them the immediate future (aka now) was going to be marked by a growing distaste for grease n' sugar among the precious middle-class consumers they're desperate to win back, but they just can't figure out a way to reach them and still be McDonald's. To be fair I can't either, which is why I think they're going to slowly fade away.

That veggie burger sounds great - did they say what it was made of?
Yeah, Impossible Burger is vegetarian, with a ton of heme (like hemoglobin in blood) to make it really taste meaty. Their website plays up the sustainability aspect of the burger - I guess McDonalds will switch over when beef prices make their burgers $20.
Only in restaurants so far, though it tasted specifically like a fast food burger, not a restaurant burger - I think it's the texture, a lot more finely ground.

I know it's not that kind of iron, but the idea of having to mine for burgers greatly amuses me.