Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
It seems like requiring staff to lock/unlock cabinets every time a customer wants socks or some low-value hygiene product does not jive with wanting to reduce staffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What I was trying to get at was that the C-suite may be sufficiently out of touch that they're at cross purposes with regional or store managers and don't know it. It happens sometimes, like when the Sears CEO set up departments to compete with each other, not realizing that incentivized sabotage rather than just maximizing sales.

Basically, if stores are being set up to fail, it's not a given senior leadership knows about it. At the very least, we know there's some kind of dysfunction because stores are locking up underwear, so we can't assume everyone knows what they should.
Running Sears into the ground actually worked out quite well for Eddie Lampert:

https://www.institutionalinvestor.c...llars-or-did-he

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

DeathChicken posted:

I feel like Safeway has always gouged. When I was a kid it was a running thing "We're not shopping at Safeway, the prices are insane"
God they suck. It's a poo poo grocery store with poo poo product, but has beyond Whole Foods prices. I think they only get away with it due to their near-monopoly status in a lot of poor areas.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Mister Facetious posted:

Can i get "places that will survive ai destroying people's jobs" for 100 Alex :v:
The good news is that AI won't destroy anybody's jobs. It's just an excuse for loving over workers. Same as it ever was.