Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

cat botherer posted:

Running Sears into the ground actually worked out quite well for Eddie Lampert:

https://www.institutionalinvestor.c...llars-or-did-he

Yeah. It just didn't work out for Sears or anybody who worked there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Mike_V posted:

Netflix makes the most money off its ad-supported tier (or so it claims via ARPU) and is aggressively pushing people either towards Premium or Standard with Ads since the Standard tier is the least lucrative. People were convinced that ending password sharing would result in a mass exodus which has been proven patently false; they've seen a modest increase in UCAN where they had plateau'd previously.

Also, if you think the average American has any idea how to torrent, you're nuts. Zoomers in particular have no idea how to do anything other than google "Reddit NFL streams" at this point, not that Millennials on average were using BT that much 10-15 years ago.

Don't most ISPs also send very scary letters to you if you're caught torrenting and you don't know how to use a VPN to hide your tracks?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

As long as Netflix can keep above a certain amount of popular content in its offerings and can offer a monthly price that's easily overlooked on a credit card bill statement, I think they'll be fine.