Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.

inthesto posted:

I hope you all realize the "good" ending with shoedog and Rabies going off to explore infinite universes is going to tie in to the next game somehow.

The title screen even has the same dumb loving gear sword.

Wasn't that also the title of one of the chapters in the first game? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon

Tofu Survivor posted:

Wasn't that also the title of one of the chapters in the first game? :v:

Correctamondo.

And nice work with the alternative ending, Blarg. Much better than the developer's wanking "good end" of the game.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Blarghalt posted:

And here's something special to top the LP off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zm-9mTnFuk
Magnificent. Thank you so much for suffering through this LP for our... :airquote: enjoyment :airquote:

Blarghalt posted:

gently caress. :shepicide:

:downsowned:

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
Nothing but style and grace, Blarghalt. Thank you.

anilEhilated posted:

Is the second one from the right a... warthogbat?

It's a dragon coyote thing whose creator paid Klace to make it the Grand Inquisitor and main antagonist. Creator also paid a few dozen artists to draw said thing having relations with non-sentient animals.

Don't break the surface of any of these characters, it just gets worse.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Blarghalt posted:

And here's something special to top the LP off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zm-9mTnFuk
You forgot Kila! Unless dead stays dead. gently caress Kila.

But thanks (???) for playing this game and showing it to us. The fact that this was Kickstarted successfully and sold on Steam for a profit shows this world is as unfair as Rabies is.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
For a future that "would never experience loss and suffering again", death sure still is a thing that exists.
Also, the author went and brought Phidget's mom back, but didn't even touch Max and Acheron's dead sister who got brought up just as much and was even plot relevant in the motivational sense?

Nice job with the video. My thought when Nami and Nagi wanted to break out and kill the god of the universe was they'd pop out of the computer and stab Klace, but then I guess they'd be here and no one wants that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

It's a dragon coyote thing whose creator paid Klace to make it the Grand Inquisitor and main antagonist. Creator also paid a few dozen artists to draw said thing having relations with non-sentient animals.

Oh okay, so we're crowdsourcing our character design again. Good.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Waffleman_ posted:

Straight from the sewers of furaffinity to your Steam account!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Blarghalt posted:

gently caress. :shepicide:
Hey, you said it yourself:

Blarghalt posted:

The final choice. You know what? gently caress it. Let's get the gang back together and gently caress up the galaxy beyond repair.
:getin:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Waffleman_ posted:

This is also why everyone got a happy ending, in case it wasn't obvious.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Considering a previous question, Velasquez is the Wesley Crusher.

People might fawn over Klace’s memory. But he's dead and/or offscreen 99.9% of the game, and just a pop idol.

Everybody gushing over how much of a super smartypants wonderful person Velazquez is in the meantime? It’s him, it’s totally him.

Every stupid hosed up moronic plan and explanation of his. How practically everything is his fault (not like ‘the Federation has an energy crisis!’ is really given any depth). But people will still go on about how wonderful he is for building a lovely barely functional bar/DMV in memorial to the people he purposely murdered to create rabies. As step 17 in a 97 step plan of :psyduck:

Good job on powering through this baffling trainwreck, Blarghalt.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh right I somehow forgot that Everyone Dies In Space was an intentional part of the plan and not just a horrific accident.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Well!

Uh.

Th-thanks for the LP! It was certainly an experience. :goleft:

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
So what happened to Max? And their unnamed (IIRC) dead sister? And their parents? Did Acheron murder them before taking over the family business?

Also, is Terra still Furry Hell or was that retconned? Because it makes no sense considering all the federation and dimension-creation bad sci-fi bullshit and it honestly seems like Klace just sort of forgot about it, except for that one line from Nagi.

Section Z posted:

Considering a previous question, Velasquez is the Wesley Crusher.

People might fawn over Klace’s memory. But he's dead and/or offscreen 99.9% of the game, and just a pop idol.

Everybody gushing over how much of a super smartypants wonderful person Velazquez is in the meantime? It’s him, it’s totally him.

Every stupid hosed up moronic plan and explanation of his. How practically everything is his fault (not like ‘the Federation has an energy crisis!’ is really given any depth). But people will still go on about how wonderful he is for building a lovely barely functional bar/DMV in memorial to the people he purposely murdered to create rabies. As step 17 in a 97 step plan of :psyduck:

Good job on powering through this baffling trainwreck, Blarghalt.

Holy poo poo, you're right. The parallels are exact.

How the gently caress did Klace never stop and realize how pants on head retarded/insane he made every single "clever" character? How do you do that on accident? Are we sure this whole game and Klace's whole Internet persona aren't just an elaborate troll?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hammurabi posted:

How the gently caress did Klace never stop and realize how pants on head retarded/insane he made every single "clever" character? How do you do that on accident? Are we sure this whole game and Klace's whole Internet persona aren't just an elaborate troll?

This is what happens when a very stupid person tries to write what they think a smart person is.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Robindaybird posted:

This is what happens when a very stupid person tries to write what they think a smart person is.

There needs to be a law banning furries from writing. Or at least ones named Klace.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Well that was loving stupid.

Thanks for sharing, though!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
So there was only one winning can after the universe was changed? So... Rabies' can WAS just cheated in by time loop, and Singe and Co said "hey, two people won, obviously one of them is a fraud since we only made one can but what the hell?"

Max got erased from existence even though in that timeline she hadn't done anything wrong. Dammit, there was no need to have Acheron replace her! If she'd been redeemed it would have closed out the character! Whose fursona was she?

I dread to think what this game could do to the mind of someone who had been thinking of writing a VN but didn't because they couldn't make it sufficient quality..

Blarghalt, if you have not erased this from your HD forever, could you please show Reiyo's other responses to entering a character's name as the player name?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

hyphz posted:

Blarghalt, if you have not erased this from your HD forever, could you please show Reiyo's other responses to entering a character's name as the player name?

Here's the list of the Undertale ones, and Curus Keel's writeup of the remaining names is a bit down the page.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I want a drat refund.

Terra being a massive, mostly uncharted planet that was also overpopulated with an immigration problem is the icing on this stupid loving cake of an incoherent plot. Everyone became the best pop star ever. The end. No moral.

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon

Speaking of, I can talk about the actual spoiler names for the entry screen:

Nagi: Get out, Brother.

Nami: Get out, Sister.

Yep, that was worth it.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

If anyone still has this thing installed could we get the text for the two Kila choices?

Then again, I'd need another video to forget it.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 5, 2017

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
So wait, everyone gets a super happy ending, but Konrad and Endymion just never meet? Weren't they like best friends? Doesn't it kinda defeat the point of reviving him if they become strangers to each other? I guess hoping for common sense is too much for this game.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zakrelo posted:

So wait, everyone gets a super happy ending, but Konrad and Endymion just never meet? Weren't they like best friends? Doesn't it kinda defeat the point of reviving him if they become strangers to each other? I guess hoping for common sense is too much for this game.

And Konrad gets a job waiting tables at a bar, where he remains until the end of his days

And Singe manages a super cool band, where he remains until the end of his days

And Inumi becomes a dancer, which he remains until the end of his days

And Righty becomes king, which he remains until the end of his days

And Endymion becomes a galactic CIA agent, which he remains until the end of his days

( I put that "..." in italics for emphasis fyi)

Sooo many things this story does that just are not done in storytelling, you know? Things that real writers just know not to do, because they make stories stupider and more tedious. Things like "don't introduce a character for a single scene and then never refer to them again". Or "don't draw attention to some aspect of someone's name unless it means something to the story". Over and over and over, it's like an encyclopedia of cargo cult fiction writer no-nos that nobody else had ever had any need to write down or explicitly warn against because who would ever even think to do them. And capping all of them off is "Don't give us every single character's future life story from the ending curtain on, if the only thing you're going to do with them is basically make them live out a static life of whatever lovely job they're doing or want to do right when we leave them, as though no person ever changes throughout their life or gets new friends or interests or careers". Either you give us a brief and interesting synopsis of "where are they now", to make it feel worth it knowing who these people are and how they've finished up their character arcs and how it might reward them in terms of their lives and goals... or pull the curtain across the scene and let their stories be over.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
It's finally over(?)

The True Ending is the only ending as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for finally putting a bullet between its eyes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's over? It's over!
We're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
ffffffffffffffffuck that was dumb.

It was nice to see all the characters again to be reminded of how poorly designed and conceived they all are. A final dumb sparkledog send off into the void. Which is where this game should be thrown into, preferably while screaming.

Thanks for the LP. The "True Ending" makes it all worth it...kinda.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
Well. That's over.
Man. That was bad. I think honestly the worst thing I've ever seen!
I'm sure Klace will somehow prove us wrong with his next game though, the bar can always be lowered!
EDIT:
Also the title of the game being "Major/Minor" was never once brought up, referenced, or in anyway relevant to the game. I know not every game's title has to tie into the actual plot, somehow, but just what kind of title is "Major/Minor" when it just doesn't make ANY sense as a title, and isn't even some kind of in-universal term or something!?

krisslanza fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 5, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't for the life of me even tell what's better about the "good" ending vs the "bad" one

In both cases the future world still has war and death and tedious politics and poo poo; it's like, in the good one everyone just meets each other again for the first time and Rabies never existed?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

krisslanza posted:

Also the title of the game being "Major/Minor" was never once brought up, referenced, or in anyway relevant to the game. I know not every game's title has to tie into the actual plot, somehow, but just what kind of title is "Major/Minor" when it just doesn't make ANY sense as a title, and isn't even some kind of in-universal term or something!?

I'm going to guess that the title is supposed to refer to music and that the band was originally meant to play some critical role in the story (probably because Klace had played Ar Tonelico the night before coming up with it). Then the whole idea was forgotten, just like every other aspect of the game's story.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Guys, I think I'll become an old man, filled with regret, unless we get the Max Kila route scenes. :smith:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Why does the bar/immigration office exist in the good ending if the Exodus project never happened? I thought he built it as a sort of "Well, I hosed up. Sorry. Have booze." Which also didn't make sense to begin with either, but...

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I can't believe some of you stupid idiot fuckers are still trying to make sense out of any of this. Stop it, you'll only hurt yourselves further.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, my brain went ''peace out, y'all' about 8 or 9 updates ago. Nonetheless, between the fanart and the shared bafflement, the LP justified its existence several times over so good on you.

But play something good next time, Blarghalt. For your own sake and ours. (Or at least competent.)

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

But fur ...

... fur never changes.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I can't believe some of you stupid idiot fuckers are still trying to make sense out of any of this. Stop it, you'll only hurt yourselves further.

Same here- I just skimmed the updates for a Cliffsnotes on what was going on. Still didn't make a lick of sense though.

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007
Reading this felt like getting buttfucked by the energizer bunny.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Well thanks for this nauseating trip, exposing the stupidity of who I'm personally going to refer to as the poster boy of every bad fur out on the internet.
Good job, Klace. You're the internet shithead of the month. :bravo:

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I like that Eddie doesn't get to come on the tour to look after his dying brother, and rabbit-mum only exists offscreen, because obviously Klace can't pay for artwork of characters that only turn up in the epilogue for one of the endings!

Except his own self insert, of course. Gotta have art for that gently caress.

Out of all the things wrong with these trainwreck endings, my brain is hung up on one thing which, coincidentally, is wrong in both of them.
Jade has a beak. How the gently caress do she and Rook even kiss? She has a beak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A quick peck on the cheek should suffice.

• Locked thread