Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Finally the long national nightmare is over. Thanks Blarghalt for bringing us true suffering in visual novel form.

Also yeah kinda just have to filter out a lot of the words and talking because it just never let up at the end. Also what the hell happened to Max? Is she still a dictator-class rear end in a top hat or since acheron took over the company she's Just A Thing Somewhere I Guess. All those words about everyone else but nothing on something actually kind of important like that? Goddamn Klace sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

This game was an offense against storytelling.

Your Let's Play, however, never failed to delight. Thank you, Blarghalt!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
You've done God's work, Blarghalt.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Jesus loving christ. :staredog:

I had to explain to my wife why I kept audibly cringing while reading the actual text of the game, then bursting out laughing at Blarghart's commentary and all the amazing thread art.

Seriously though the people involved in this vomitus have some seriously frightening behavioral issues.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Just caught up with this amazing thread. It's been a real pleasure.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just saw klace lol

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
How was he doing

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Also, why?

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
http://www.ursamajorawards.org/

This game is up for an award in an hour. I assume Klace is there in person.

Say hi to the nazifurs.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ugh. At least tell me the award is explosive and he has to choose which of his fursuits gets bombed.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
Best Game
Computer or console games, role-playing games, board games.

Major \ Minor (Developer: Klace; Publisher: Steam; October 11)

Runners-Up (in descending number of votes)

• Pokémon Sun & Moon (Developer: Game Freak; Publishers: Nintendo and the Pokémon Company; November 18)
• Overwatch (Developer and Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment; May 24))
• Stories: The Path of Destinies (Developer and Publisher: Spearhead Games; April 12)
• Bear Simulator (Developer and Publisher: Farjay Studios; February 26)

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Ahaha did they really?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:cripes:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Perfect

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Furries. Furries never change.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Someone should tell Trump about furries. The result would probably be comedy gold.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Best Game

• Pokémon Sun & Moon (Developer: Game Freak; Publishers: Nintendo and the Pokémon Company; November 18)
• Stories: The Path of Destinies (Developer and Publisher: Spearhead Games; April 12)

Is Stories good? I saw an hour of game play footage and it seemed like it had potential.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Best Game

This will do wonders for his ego! :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I feel like that's the perfect capstone for the thread.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Furries get the stories they deserve, I guess.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I hate this. I hate that complete failure and obvious abuse of the system is being rewarded. I hate that people think this is actually any form of fascinating other than bile. I hate that this is going to set a precedent for impressionable game-makers to follow. I hate that furries have such a lust for acknowledgement, that they'd choose the deepest valley to die in, just because it represents the culture they claim to be so proud of.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Oh God I can already see it. The "Award Winning" game Major/Minor.:barf:

Hes gong to have that plastered over everything. gently caress him, gently caress his "game', and gently caress this shame of an award.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bman in 2288 posted:

I hate this. I hate that complete failure and obvious abuse of the system is being rewarded. I hate that people think this is actually any form of fascinating other than bile. I hate that this is going to set a precedent for impressionable game-makers to follow. I hate that furries have such a lust for acknowledgement, that they'd choose the deepest valley to die in, just because it represents the culture they claim to be so proud of.
That's the thing - it doesn't. Or shouldn't. For gently caress's sake, you can get genuinely good games with antropomorphic animals - Night in the Woods comes into mind as a recent example. This is just weeabooism.

Actually, didn't it win this award before? I could've sworn I've read about in this thread, but it might just be nausea-induced deja vu.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The saddest part is that the only other game with a real furry aesthetic, Stories: The Path of Destinies, looks pretty decent. Hell, I recently picked up an RPG called Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom and it's loving fantastic (minus the part where it uses parry/just defense when the enemies don't have telegraphed attacks).

I'm betting that Major/Minor won because it was probably the only game where the creator was even aware of the nomination, and social media did the rest.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And given Klace is more than willing to suck up, rewards like that are likely rife with grift

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Boo. Boo I say.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Is... is this actually that big a deal?

:yikes:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I doubt it, but knowing how much it will feed Klace's ego is pretty infuriating in its own right.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's just some nothing furry popularity contest, who cares.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It's just some nothing furry popularity contest, who cares.

It matters solely because it lets Klace think that he did anything remotely considered a good job. Or a mediocre job. And it also makes people think that this game is worth any amount of money.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I just binged the thread over the course of like a week and a half and I simultaneously regret nothing and everything :shepface:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Did he get to make a speech because he is literally the only one who would actually show up at that ceremony?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I finally remembered this LP was a thing after I got angry at it. Please tell me you're going to get this archived.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Croccers posted:

I finally remembered this LP was a thing after I got angry at it. Please tell me you're going to get this archived.

I'm hoping for this too. I want to drive my non-goon friend insane.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Croccers posted:

I sent the request for this to be archived. Between this and Johnny Test, I think it makes for a compelling case for the invasion of Canada.

For their own good, you see.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

If this LP can stop just one person from making a terrible mistake in purchasing this game, then it will all have been worth it.

You're making the world a better place, Blarghalt.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

That true ending YouTube video Blarghalt did made the entire thread worthwhile, along with the awesome fanart.

Long live Rabies "Cogface" "gently caress you Kila" McFutts.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

PiCroft posted:

That true ending YouTube video Blarghalt did made the entire thread worthwhile, along with the awesome fanart.

Long live Rabies "Cogface" "gently caress you Kila" McFutts.

Pretty much this yeah. That video hade everything so, so worth the physical pain of sitting through that tripe.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I just watched the true ending video again, and I'm wondering why Blarghalt doesn't list the video. Unless it's to stop people from thinking this game is worth the money, or to even prevent people from knowing about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

I just watched the true ending video again, and I'm wondering why Blarghalt doesn't list the video. Unless it's to stop people from thinking this game is worth the money, or to even prevent people from knowing about the game.

Klace has a pretty bad habit of interpreting any mention of his game as a endorsement, no matter how obviously negative it is. So no ego boost for him.

• Locked thread