Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
This authoritarian social conservative smells blood.

"How Trump's DOJ can start enforcing federal marijuana law."

http://dailysignal.com/2017/02/27/how-trumps-doj-can-start-enforcing-federal-marijuana-law/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Georgia has bills in progress to expand their MMJ program, and change possession of two ounces or less from a *felony* to a misdemeanor, which is mindblowing given that even Texas is looking to move minor possession to a civil fine:

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/02/28/georgia-marijuana-possession-misdemeanor-medical-conditions/74515/

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
I hope this goes somewhere! Introduced by a Republican from Virginia!

https://tomgarrett.house.gov/media/press-releases/garrett-introduces-legislation-remove-marijuana-controlled-substances-list

quote:

GARRETT INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO REMOVE MARIJUANA FROM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES LIST

February 27, 2017 Press Release

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today 5th District Congressman Tom Garrett introduced legislation aimed at federally decriminalizing marijuana.

The short title for this legislation is cited as the "Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017." If passed, this bill would take marijuana off the federal controlled substances list - joining other industries such as alcohol and tobacco.

Originally introduced by Senator Bernie Sanders in 2015, this bill fulfills a responsibility to create a level playing field across the country.

Upon introduction of this legislation, Rep. Garrett released the following statement:

"I have long believed justice that isn't blind, isn't justice. Statistics indicate that minor narcotics crimes disproportionately hurt areas of lower socio-economic status and what I find most troubling is that we continue to keep laws on the books that we do not enforce. Virginia is more than capable of handling its own marijuana policy, as are states such as Colorado or California."

Garrett went on to say, "this step allows states to determine appropriate medicinal use and allows for industrial hemp growth, something that will provide a major economic boost to agricultural development in Southside Virginia. In the coming weeks, I anticipate introducing legislation aimed at growing the hemp industry in Virginia, something that is long overdue."

In recent weeks, the Trump administration and Attorney General Jeff Sessions promised to crack down on federal marijuana crimes. During his confirmation, then-Senator Sessions pointed out that if legislators did not like this approach, they should change the laws accordingly. Garrett anticipates bipartisan support as his legislation makes its way to the appropriate committees of jurisdiction.

Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard is serving as the lead original cosponsor on this bipartisan legislation.

###

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It sucks that even if that passes congress it has to get by trump

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Google Butt posted:

With all due awareness of "LOL nothing matters", this doesn't seem to be anything that Trump has a big personal stake in, vetoing it would be pretty contentious and risk undermining a portion of his base, etc.

On a more cynical level, if handed to him on a silver platter I think he'd *love* to be able to crow that only he could finally end the Drug War, resolve the disparities between state and federal laws, etc. It would take very little effort for him to spin this as a huge *personal* accomplishment even if all he does is sign off on it.

Again this is Trump and who knows, but I honestly think he would take a further hit to his popularity if Sessions gets even slightly aggressive on weed as is being threatened. There's plenty of right-wingers, alt-right kids, old folks, rurals, etc. who are vaguely positive about weed, increasingly so every year.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Google Butt posted:

Well, even if it did get past Trump, you still need a bunch of states to separately legalize weed. It would make weed sales in states that already legalized safe, but it does nothing for you if you're in a state that's hardcore against weed at the state level. They could continue to make it illegal to buy, sell, and grow it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

fishmech posted:

Well, even if it did get past Trump, you still need a bunch of states to separately legalize weed. It would make weed sales in states that already legalized safe, but it does nothing for you if you're in a state that's hardcore against weed at the state level. They could continue to make it illegal to buy, sell, and grow it.

it keeps you out of federal prison

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

With all due awareness of "LOL nothing matters", this doesn't seem to be anything that Trump has a big personal stake in, vetoing it would be pretty contentious and risk undermining a portion of his base, etc.

I agree. I just don't think Trump's opinion matters at all.

Sessions hates weed. Bannon and Sessions are a team. Bannon tells Trump what to do.

Therefore I'm pretty drat sure Trump would veto any progressive cannabis legislation.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the black husserl posted:

I agree. I just don't think Trump's opinion matters at all.

Sessions hates weed. Bannon and Sessions are a team. Bannon tells Trump what to do.

Therefore I'm pretty drat sure Trump would veto any progressive cannabis legislation.

It is still progress though. Can congress submit and pass the same bill over and over again?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Google Butt posted:

it keeps you out of federal prison

You already don't go to federal prison for simple possession, you get abused by local cops and thrown in state prison instead. Hell, it's rare to get federal charges instead of state charges even for fairly big time dealers.

We have 12,000 people in federal prison for crimes related to marijuana, which is bad. But we have nearly 650,000 people getting arrested yearly for marijuana related charges, and that's almost entirely state/local enforcement at work.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Keith Humphries (one of Kleiman's buddies) is in the Washington Post claming that mass incarceration has nothing to do with unjust drug laws:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/08/what-we-get-wrong-about-mass-imprisonment-in-america

quote:

The white rate of being sentenced for drug crimes (15 percent) is actually slightly higher than that for blacks (14.9 percent) and Hispanics (14.6 percent)

See? No racial disparities, move along please, nothing to see here.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah the number of people in prison for simple marijuana possession is like, a very low percentage and legalization will do very little to address the mass incarceration problem. I mean, if you're intentionally conflating marijuana possession and cross-border cocaine trafficking or whatever, okay, but that's not really relevant here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

fishmech posted:

You already don't go to federal prison for simple possession, you get abused by local cops and thrown in state prison instead. Hell, it's rare to get federal charges instead of state charges even for fairly big time dealers.

We have 12,000 people in federal prison for crimes related to marijuana, which is bad. But we have nearly 650,000 people getting arrested yearly for marijuana related charges, and that's almost entirely state/local enforcement at work.

Reducing that number by 12,000 is huge. Not to mention you can't legally own a firearm and be a user of marijuna as long as it's scheduled.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Also, in the other direction, it's not really fair to compare federal prisoners to those arrested in states - you should be comparing the 12,000 to the number of people in state prison for marijuana. Arrests are not all indictments let alone convictions, and convictions are not all incarcerations either.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah the number of people in prison for simple marijuana possession is like, a very low percentage and legalization will do very little to address the mass incarceration problem. I mean, if you're intentionally conflating marijuana possession and cross-border cocaine trafficking or whatever, okay, but that's not really relevant here.

People who have a misdemeanor conviction for weed possession, even if they did no hard time, have their job and life prospects curtailed and have less incentive to not get involved in other crimes. Giving them a ticket instead just means they're annoyed and out a couple hundred bucks, but don't spend the rest of their life labeled a criminal.

"Guys, but almost nobody is in jail just for weed!" is one of those SAM red herrings to avoid discussing how marijuana charges negatively impact peoples' lives and careers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

People who have a misdemeanor conviction for weed possession, even if they did no hard time, have their job and life prospects curtailed and have less incentive to not get involved in other crimes. Giving them a ticket instead just means they're annoyed and out a couple hundred bucks, but don't spend the rest of their life labeled a criminal.

"Guys, but almost nobody is in jail just for weed!" is one of those SAM red herrings to avoid discussing how marijuana charges negatively impact peoples' lives and careers.
Uhh...okay? That still doesn't make weed legalization a solution for mass incarceration. I wasn't trying to make any greater point than that.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

fishmech posted:

It would remove uncertainty about whether the feds will crack down on state lawmakers or administrators. It would remove a major argument against states legalizing. The result of both of these things would likely hasten legalization. Yes, conservative states would resist and might resist for decades. However, There are many states that are close already and just need a little nudge.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Google Butt posted:

Reducing that number by 12,000 is huge. Not to mention you can't legally own a firearm and be a user of marijuna as long as it's scheduled.

It wouldn't though. Legalizing weed doesn't even guarentee you get out of jail if your only crime was weed-based, and a lot of those people in federal prison for crimes related to weed committed a whole bunch of other crimes and crimes related to other drugs as well.

Keep in mind we have those 650,000 people getting arrested a year for weed even with many states with outright legalization, and many more states with heavy decriminalization.

And not being allowed to own a gun isn't a problem in the first place.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
If federal prohibition comes down, then more states will legalize, and any state legalizing cannabis undermines prohibition in neighboring states. When California/Maine/Massachusetts/Nevada all have legal markets in 2018 it will significantly undermine national prohibition in a direct and indirect way: First, the weed from those states IS going to flow to prohibitive states -- something which will drive down prices in the illegal markets. Second, just by having legal marijuana available in a state as that state continues to be otherwise normal without spikes in the bad things that drug warriors scare monger about severely undermines prohibition and makes prohibitive states question their policies. We're in a weird limbo state right now as we wait for those states that legalized to work out their regulatory structures but once they're all up and running I believe marijuana advocates will be in a better position rhetorically and the Jeff Sessions of America will look even more silly.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

And not being allowed to own a gun isn't a problem in the first place.

Says you; lots of folks would disagree.

I went to check out SA's favorite bastion of cranky conservative, Free Republic, and they're split pretty much down the middle re Session's threats. You have about half of them doing the "good, pot makes people stupid liberals" or "you can't pick-and-choose what laws you enforce", but a bunch saying it's Big Government overreach, an offense against states rights, or just plain dumb and a waste of time and political capital: http://freerepublic.com/tag/marijuana/index?tab=articles

One argument that I've seen pop up on Freep a lot, and in real-life conversations, is people arguing "most alcohol users drink very moderately, but *every* pot user is just looking to get high as a kite, every single time". I don't know if that's just a Hollywood portrayal, or some confirmation bias where they ignore the dozens of people they know who have an occasional joint and just envision their one burnout friend doing massive bong-rips on his couch all day. When I think of "daily marijuana user" I think of people who pinch off a joint so they can come back and smoke the rest a few hours later (something I almost never see cigarette smokers do), and pretty much every time I've seen someone get totally stumbling-baked is someone who's already ensconced at someone's house for the night and has no need to by going anywhere or do anything important anytime soon. As opposed to alcohol where I've seen deadbeats drink on the corner until they vomit, and have seen plenty of even respectable employed folks stumbling around in broad daylight on a non-work day (DC loves brunch), much less on a Friday night downtown.

EDIT: here's a Freep example:

quote:

Alcohol is easily abused and a lot of people do get sh!+ faced drunk every day. But that is a tiny minority compared to the millions that may have an occasional drink weekly or even daily. Have a few and then they stop. Most just want to take the edge off. Getting sh!+ faced has not happened to them since college. Alcohol is a drug that can be used responsibly.

Pot on the other hand is smoked to get high, completely baked. Most pot smokers don't take a little to feel good, no they go full Cheech y Chong every time and almost every day. It is abused at every use or almost every use.

27 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:04:48 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 1, 2017

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

There are a shitload of good people who are gun owners, sucks that they have to give up their second amendment right or become a felon if they get cancer and find relief from marijuana.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
What's moderate drinking, one or two standard drinks? As a teetotaller one standard drink would definitely put me in a drug affected state. I suspect the people claiming that not all drinkers drink to get drunk already have a tolerance and just don't realise. Why they believe that regular cannabis users don't develop a tolerance is beyond me.

KingEup fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 1, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

KingEup posted:

What's moderate drinking, one or two standard drinks? As a teetotaller one standard drink would definitely put me in a drug affected state. I suspect the people claiming that not all drinkers drink to get drunk already have a tolerance and just don't realise. Why they believe that regular cannabis users don't develop a tolerance is beyond me.

I've seen folks like this literally insist that "a couple drinks" has zero psychoactive effect, while still using phrases like "to wind down", "to take the edge off" that pretty clearly point to achieving a desired drug effect.

Dude, if it had "zero" effect they'd be drinking apple juice, clearly alcohol in any appreciable quantity has some effect.

I would imagine their viewpoint is affiliated with the argument "I'm not vomiting or making GBS threads myself and can generally stand erect, I must be totally fine to drive home!"

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Yeah, there seems to be a belief that being drunk is an either or state with no regard for the fact that there is a continuum of intoxication.

"I'm not vomiting or making GBS threads myself and can generally stand erect"

Which of course are definitely not signs of overdose.

KingEup fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 1, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
The latest poo poo from the WH has Guam severely curtailing its proposed bill, as it doesn't want to be in the crosshairs, since it depends on federal spending to a large degree. It's likely to lose the provision that would have removed it from Sch. I, and we'll see what else gets axed.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Uhh...okay? That still doesn't make weed legalization a solution for mass incarceration. I wasn't trying to make any greater point than that.

Mass incarceration is the kind of problem that won't have a singular solution. It's the product of lots of little problems stacking up, and likewise we'll have to take the whole edifice down brick by brick. I just hope we can transition some of the legalization energy into a broader push for harm reduction rather than criminalization in our approach to other banned substances.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Yeah the number of people in prison for simple marijuana possession is like, a very low percentage and legalization will do very little to address the mass incarceration problem.
You have like... three or four levels of bullshit going on here.

One: legalization would keep more people out of jail than the ones in for simple possession, because it would legalize more than possession. Obviously.

Two: legalization would remove many perverse incentives - both for enforcement and for users - that lead to more crimes being committed and existing crimes being more aggressively enforced. Not being a fundraiser for the PD would be big.

Three: It opens the doors for further reforms.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

You have like... three or four levels of bullshit going on here.

One: legalization would keep more people out of jail than the ones in for simple possession, because it would legalize more than possession. Obviously.

Two: legalization would remove many perverse incentives - both for enforcement and for users - that lead to more crimes being committed and existing crimes being more aggressively enforced. Not being a fundraiser for the PD would be big.

Three: It opens the doors for further reforms.
These are all weasel-y and not concrete. "It opens the door to further reforms" could be said about any change to any law. I love my boy brad and all but I don't think he's going to become a legitimate marijuana storefront owner just because it's legal now - three guesses as to what he actually does. BJS states that at most 15% of prisoners are in state prison for drugs, and that's every crime involving every drug, so marijuana is going to only be a fraction of that. For federal it's a higher percentage, but federal prison is like, a weird special case and rather small compared to the number of folks in state prison. How many of those people agreed to plead guilty, to a drug charge in exchange for having other charges dropped? Future folks in that position will plead down to something else instead.

There are lots of reasons to legalize marijuana, but a way to address mass incarceration it is not. Do we still have a prison thread? This discussion is probably better suited there honestly.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

These are all weasel-y and not concrete. "It opens the door to further reforms" could be said about any change to any law. I love my boy brad and all but I don't think he's going to become a legitimate marijuana storefront owner just because it's legal now - three guesses as to what he actually does. BJS states that at most 15% of prisoners are in state prison for drugs, and that's every crime involving every drug, so marijuana is going to only be a fraction of that. For federal it's a higher percentage, but federal prison is like, a weird special case and rather small compared to the number of folks in state prison. How many of those people agreed to plead guilty, to a drug charge in exchange for having other charges dropped? Future folks in that position will plead down to something else instead.

There are lots of reasons to legalize marijuana, but a way to address mass incarceration it is not. Do we still have a prison thread? This discussion is probably better suited there honestly.

This is kind of like saying mandating the installation of seatbelts was not a way to address automobile fatalities. Was putting in seatbelts enough to eliminate fatalities completely? No. Neither were laws mandating their use. Nor airbags nor carseats for children, or drunk driving laws, or drivers ed classes in highschool, or increases in the minimum age requirements for a license. However all these changes taken together have led to massive increases in driver safety. There is not and cannot be a singular solution to a complex problem like mass incarceration, and it is silly to look for a silver bullet.

Recognize the small victories, just don't forget the ultimate objective. Even a just few percent of prisoners saved and a few months off the average sentence is progress.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

A question i've never seen answered is how many people started their criminal life with a drug conviction. We have horrible recidivism rates in part because, unless you are able to expunge your record, your employment options are restricted forever. It's not just about who is currently incarcerated for drug crimes, but who would have lived a normal life if their opportunities weren't taken away from them.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
Those who say "people don't go to jail for simple possession" are totally blind to all the people who do go to jail for selling, or who do in fact go to jail for mere possession when prosecutors tack on a "intent to distribute" charge because of the quantity of weed in question.

Regarding sending weed sellers to jail -- this should be held as much of an injustice as sending regular users to sale, because its prohibition that creates an underground market in which someone can make a (small) living. Legalize = no illegal market = no incentive to be an illegal weed dealer = fewer people in jail.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
What a day!

In the morning I read that the Sessions DOJ is sending threatening letters to the Cannabis Cup about their upcoming NV event, and then this evening I read that Sessions may have committed perjury at his confirmation hearing.

Strange times.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Continuing to work the cannabis lobbying issue in Austin, though I'm planning to leave TX (at least for now) at the end of the month. There's at least some chance of reform to Texas' very limited MMJ program this session, but probably a better chance that possession will be lowered to a civil fine for an ounce or less.

Similar good news in New Mexico, where there's legislation proposed to lower possession of a half-ounce or less from a jailable misdemeanor down to a $50 fine: http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/03/03/south-dakota-cbd-oil-fda-approval/74832/

And meanwhile I'm still just waiting for Rhode Island to just legalize it already, they're edging worse than Vermont the last few years.

EDIT: and South Dakota is trying to pass a bill that would legalize CBD as long as the FDA regulates the product: http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/03/03/south-dakota-cbd-oil-fda-approval/74832/

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 4, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Aging Millenial posted:

When California/Maine/Massachusetts/Nevada all have legal markets in 2018

If Mass gets legal markets by 2018 I will eat my hat. The government here seems dead opposed to legalizing it, down to trying to delay legalization for a year and a half.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Google Butt posted:

It is still progress though. Can congress submit and pass the same bill over and over again?

Nah, the GOP could only try and repeal Obamacare once.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

Pollyanna posted:

If Mass gets legal markets by 2018 I will eat my hat. The government here seems dead opposed to legalizing it, down to trying to delay legalization for a year and a half.

It was written into the ballot measure itself that stores could only open in 2018. The legislature extended that by six months. I followed the Mass legalization pretty closely and their government has been quite hostile to the measure (from a puritan angle). I think they will get stores running in 2018 but I'm afraid that the legislature might ban concentrates and edibles and severely restrict home grows.

This was the most hilarious part of the Massachusetts legalization process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oycBIQ_aT78

Pot dystopia!

Aging Millenial fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 4, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Israel's Cabinet voted today to decriminalize public personal possession/use of cannabis, with only civil fines unless you commit a fourth repeated offense. Still needs to be signed off on in the Knesset to become official:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/world/middleeast/israel-marijuana-benjamin-netanyahu.html?_r=0

EDIT:

West Virginia is, yet again, pushing for Medical cannabis, I think they've tried this every single year since 2010, let's see if it happens this time: http://www.journal-news.net/news/local-news/2017/03/medical-marijuana-proposed-for-state/

EDIT2: and Connecticut has multiple legalization bills bouncing around its legislature this year, including one sponsored by the senior Republican on Appropriations. Seriously, it's like loosening weed laws is just popping up constantly in every state and dozens of countries. I follow this poo poo as a hobby and I'm having a hard time keeping up even on just a perusal level: http://www.nhregister.com/government-and-politics/20170305/connecticut-lawmakers-to-hear-testimony-on-marijuana-legalization-bill

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 6, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Just a fun-fact I learned about Idaho today. I mentioned earlier in the thread that Idaho approved CBD-only in 2015 but Gov. Butch Otter vetoed it. Well, turns out that in 2013 the Idaho Legislature, both houses, took the time to pass a resolution saying "we will never legalize marijuana in Idaho". There wasn't even any push for a bill ongoing, they just preemptively out of the blue decided to announce to the state that they wouldn't ever legalize. Fun state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/idaho-anti-marijuana-resolution_n_2766943.html

EDIT2: the nominated incoming chief medical officer for Nebraska opposed allowing CBD oil because it has a "high potential for abuse": http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/03/07/nebraska-medical-marijuana-advocates-oppose-chief-medical-officer/75079/

EDIT: In better news, Ireland's MMJ program is being fast-tracked and could be operational as early as this autumn: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/medicinal-cannabis-programme-may-be-in-place-by-autumn-1.3001574

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 9, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
This is bizarre: I went to check to see if VT is getting any closer to legalizing finally, and apparently they're seriously considering a DC-style "legal but no sales" legislation where they'd allow home-growing but no stores. DC got stuck with that by Congress, but VT wants to actually make it a plan. Weird strategy, but apparently it placates some conservatives who don't want to see a "pot industry" or worry the Feds will crack down, so just going laissez-faire is easier.

http://www.weednews.co/vermont-house-leaders-say-they-will-move-forward-with-marijuana-legalization-bill/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

wrong thread