Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Can we point out how racist most weed legalization efforts and advocates are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Tab8715 posted:

What can they do? Local, State authorities may certainly decline to enforce Federal Law but aside from that there isn't much that may be done.

Most people are here are talking about raids and crackdowns, but I think the biggest threat would be if the DOJ can somehow find a way to withhold other federal funds from legalized states. That's kind of how they forced states to raise the drinking age to 21. All the issues in this thread that would prevent a crackdown like conviction rates, juries, prosecutors and manpower issues could all be irrelevant if they try something different.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Congress has no chance of approving that. Even red states like weed now and no politician is going to jeopardize reelection over weed

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I bet people are hoarding it. When my state legalized I bought five pounds to bury in the backyard incase they decided to make it a crime again. It's like gold but weed.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

I’m something of a scientist myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
That’s kind of expensive. 2x what I get ozs for.