Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

The next federal election is in one year and the Conservative leader just came out and said that he wouldn't rule out make pot illegal again.

"I don't really want to win next year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

To the research!

https://youtu.be/BdRgA7K4DcE

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Banana Man posted:

How does it all work in states that are legalized but the employer still tests employees?

Your employer can test you for alcohol and tobacco and fire you for taking those, too. I think there are some states that explicitly prohibited employers from firing people for pot use, but I'm not 100% sure.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sekhmnet posted:

In my experience a higher CBD% cuts the length of being high down a bit per dose, and it clips the paranoia and negative feelings from being 'too high' when you're not used to smoking. So a higher CBD% strain is better for beginners. As far as I know all the cure-all bullshit about CBD is just snake oil as there hasn't really been much research, let alone peer reviewed research about it. I see people on like twitter and instagram showing pictures of their CBD edibles and its like, are you sure its the CBD or maybe eating a cookie made you feel better?

To the research!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yewlM8CtbQU

Yes, it's about pot in general, not CBD specifically. I don't know that there is enough research to meaningfully split them up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

We're not allowed to have nice things. Legal weed will happen when the Bills win the Superbowl and Cuomo gets kicked out on his rear end.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

This is going to make Taco Tuesday at Tony Baloney's EVEN BETTER.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Usually racism, religion, fear of change or some combination of all three.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

Come on Newark, don't let me down baby

Newark will only ever let you down.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm happy to report that weed busses are now a thing in Buffalo, NY

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dilber posted:

Those won't last forever. NJ did their crackdown on it, and NY is expected to do so this year.

Yes but the reason they are going to do so is because sale and consumption licenses are expected to be available.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's actually a temporary tattoo bus

Well they didn't give me my tattoo. What a rip off!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

LaserPrinter69 posted:

It's a good start but it means nothing for consumers. Maybe six months from now it gets rescheduled from 1 to 2, and in legal states you can start using a credit card instead of cash, and certain research can get funding.

But if you're still in a state where it's illegal, there's no difference in your life. You can still be arrested. And even in a legal state, you might still have to pass a drug test before getting a job. If you're injured at work and you got high two weeks ago on a Friday night, you still get denied workman's comp.

Frankly even if cannabis is federally legalized, everything above would still apply.

Again, good start but we're in a marathon.

I don't have hard numbers on this, but I'm pretty sure a lot of states rely on federal scheduling for defining their drug laws, meaning red states are going to have to rush to pass laws specifically against marijuana if it gets unscheduled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

011924 posted:

nobody talkin bout year 8 of state-sanctioned 2000% profit cannabis

state of illinois rec/med system, $2/10mg

Buffalo's first legal recreational dispensary grossed almost $5 million in its first 6 months.

https://www.syracuse.com/marijuana/...f-dank-716.html