Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If we can watch children die on beaches and watch their houses bombed to hell while they are covered in blood and dust, while still going hard against immigration and refugees then a child on drugs has no chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

Who the hell still calls weed dope?

Made all the more misleading because Dope is slang for heroin

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Thanks for sharing that god-awful poetry. Honestly, for as much as it's a huge deal that Canada will be the second country in the world to legalize, it doesn't seem we're hearing a lot about it here in the US, and when I was living in Canada this summer I didn't hear much discussion about it (maybe because everyone in Montreal just smokes it already regardless). For goons living in Canada, has next year's legalization been huge news or not?

It's huge news, I hear about it daily.

Most newspapers are spreading conservative/police propaganda. "There isn't enough time to train police", "People will die", "The smell is too bad".

Here's what Manitoba Public Insurance and MADD has put out for "don't weed and drive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rweCu1hBK8I

Online news sources are a bit better, many people who actually want legal Cannabis to be a thing are interviewing people from Colorado and other legal states to get an idea of how the framework is going to work.

Pretty much anywhere there is a Conservative provincial government they are just sitting on their hands and letting the Cannabis industry slip through their fingers. Manitoba for instance has Brian Pallister repeatedly stating there is not enough time to make any decisions. While he's not doing anything, BC is ramping up their online distribution, as of right now I can literally order weed online from BC without using any VPNs or tor browser. When Cannabis is legal all that tax revenue will be moving out of the province if they can't make it easier than going online and ordering.

Also it's very shocking that I've met more than one person who wants Cannabis to be illegal because it smells bad. Do they not understand how bad of a reason that is?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

KillHour posted:

I'm happy to report that weed busses are now a thing in Buffalo, NY

It's actually a temporary tattoo bus