Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Toasticle posted:

Has there been any studies in states where private growing is legal in how its affected street dealing? Just bought my first batch of seeds in MA, I'm allowed 12 plants and can give away up to an ounce per person I think per month, in 2-3 months I'm looking at having more weed than I've ever seen at once. (10-20 ounces per plant x 12 for $200).

Between me never needing to buy again, giving away to half a dozen people, the 10 or so people I know who are growing and all the people they are going to supply... I don't see a lot of people left buying for hell... like 50x the cost of growing at no legal risk. Add in the ability to grow the exact strains you want for Indica/Sativa blends and THC/CBD levels vs getting got god knows what on the street I can't see being a dealer worth the risk here.

Not saying it will stop but its got to have some effect.

It's still more convenient to go to a store and buy some instead waiting however many weeks for your plants to mature, to harvest them and wait for it to dry out and then have to store several pounds of weed in your house for as long as it lasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

Eviction i'm sure is the beginning of the penalty. And once you have that on your rental record you aren't renting anything any time soon.

You can't just grow weed in your house and sell it. You have to enter the grow/supplier/dispensary pipeline, register with the state, pay excise taxes, have registered dispensaries that buy/resell your product, document your plants and output from seed to sale to the 10th of a gram (this is what my company provides software for), ensure it's in a facility not easily broken into, etc. Colorado, at least, is a tight ship.

Are you familiar with other general erp software? Lot tracking from raw material to final assembly is standard practice in aerospace for quality purposes and I'm wondering if I shouldn't be moving to a state with legal weed and changing industries