Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Squalid posted:

Do any legal states currently allow consumption in bar-like setting?

In California while I was there several dispensaries would let you vape on site but you couldn’t combust. So for instance my dispensary I’d go to would let you check out volcano bags and had a table with stools and volcano bases set up. People would vape before taking the train home. They’d have random stoner fare on a tv, art on the walls etc. As close to a cannabis bar setting that I’ve seen. Haven’t run into anything like that in Oregon it’s pretty business like, in and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
The thought of some day possibly seeing Texas state troopers camping the state line to try and catch people bringing in legal weed from... Oklahoma... is just so strange to me. Didn’t think I’d see prohibition tipping away in my lifetime.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Banana Man posted:

How does it all work in states that are legalized but the employer still tests employees?

They can test and deny employment but most drug tests are super easy to cheat on if they don’t stare at your genitals and urine stream which most employers don’t pay for or request that test. You can buy synthetic urine at truck stops and head shops for the basic test. I had to pass a test for a lovely call center job when I got to Oregon.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

I was checking the timeline for some other states and Colorado's referendum was in '12, retail sales starting in '14. I honestly never thought many states would be where we find ourselves currently. Big if sure, but if there was any movement prior to say late '27, they could feasibly have retail before '30. If people are clamoring now that could possibly manifest in something along that timeline but it'd be coming in just under the wire right before 2030. Just over 10 years ago we had 0-1 recreational states and now we're about half. Some cause for small hope.

And if your hat is teriyaki seasoned, and you have legal cannabis, it might not be such a bad day should it happen.