Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Zamujasa posted:

Meanwhile, in Nevada, apparently the City of Henderson has been considering a year-long ban on weed sales. I have no idea what this is supposed to accomplish other than a defiant "gently caress you" to the voters, because pretty much nowhere in Henderson is farther than a five-minute drive to Las Vegas (or, more generally, not-Henderson). Just seems like a dumb way to lose out on a lot of money.

This is the case in a few spots in Colorado too. Plenty of lovely suburbs around Denver banned shops, so people drive in and we get their tax dollars. You can still posses it in the burbs so I guess they just hate tax revenue. Colorado Springs is the 2nd biggest city in the state (400K+ people) and all of their weed revenue goes to nearby tiny Manitou Springs.

The best one is Garden City, CO, a 300-something person enclave of Greeley (100K people) gets all of their marijuana tax revenue. Garden City only even exists because Greeley wanted to stay dry past the repeal of Prohibition, so old habits die hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Countdown until Sessions' jackboots start raiding legal dispensaries?

I seriously think the backlash would bring Denver to its knees but maybe I'm just projecting and everyone will march around the block and then forget about it.