Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

All subsidized housing and most lower income housing in general has no-grow lease clauses. There's still a bit of class divide there.
What is the penalty for breaching that clause?

And assuming that you're cropping between 6 and 8 kilos annually off some tiny pantry room or some other place you don't really "need" (let alone a full sized bedroom pulling many more kilos), are you at that point not making enough money to not even qualify for lower income/subsidized housing?

I have no idea what a kilo prices for in these markets though, or if it's possible to declare weed income without issues? I assume legalization has introduced downward pressure on wholesale pricing. If someone can speak with the voice of experience on this I'm very curious to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

Eviction i'm sure is the beginning of the penalty. And once you have that on your rental record you aren't renting anything any time soon.

You can't just grow weed in your house and sell it. You have to enter the grow/supplier/dispensary pipeline, register with the state, pay excise taxes, have registered dispensaries that buy/resell your product, document your plants and output from seed to sale to the 10th of a gram (this is what my company provides software for), ensure it's in a facility not easily broken into, etc. Colorado, at least, is a tight ship.
Thanks for sharing, I've got no experience with this business in the USA, only with the quasi-legal arrangements that exist in Europe and the nuts and bolts of how America is moving forward is being watched with a lot of interest here.

Does the state govern who you sell to, or require advance registration of who will be taking your supply? Or are you in principle free to walk into a dispensary, find whomever is in charge of acquisition and hash it all out with the proper paperwork being filed once everything is in order?

And what is the purpose of monitoring plant growth/output? Does the state tax based on some component other than dry weight of cut/manicured crop?

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Rushi posted:

7 States have legal recreational laws, and each has their own semi-complex system with wacky ideas and rules tacked on, so there is kinda 7 different answers to that. And then there are a bunch more that have medical allowance, but each have their own wacky rules as well. To my understanding, states that already had laws that allowed medical growth tend to keep a system similar to what they had (people registered to grow for sales in the medical market), while just changing around some of the rules to make it easier for the larger market. In my state you need to have everything tested by a registered lab and it can be quite the process.

Here once you get registered as a medical grower, and get your product tested, then you got tons of paperwork The laws for selling, testing, and registration change can change quickly and often. Then at the end of this you usually have to get ready to make a cash exchange because banks are federal. Recently testing laws changed and some shops had to have most/much of their product retested and there is such a queue that the 1-2 dozen dispensaries in town were fairly dry for 2-3 months. Here the counties and cities of the state can make their own laws as well.

In my state you are also able to grow a few flowers of your own, but you may want to plant them with time apart so you don't go over the recreational user holding limit. Laws are different for medical which still exists in my state (and is untaxed as well, but now it is quite more expensive to get the permit.) However you are allowed to freely gift to other people over 21.

Differentiating state laws common grey-area technique in a few is to "gift" people weed for donating :10bux: or whatever amount for a bottle of water (but this should be getting shut down more any day now - I personally have avoided it for the obvious reasons of not wanting to deal with grey-market narcotics on craigslist). But this kind of exploitation can be found in the laws in different ways in each state.

Sorry if that seemed scattered, it's just there are a lot of changing, growing, and different laws everywhere in the USA.

edit: But for as complicated as all that sounds, its still a fairly easy way to make a real decent amount of cash. People are getting RICH.
It's okay. The regulatory framework for this is obviously not final at all but I still know more than I did before I read your post. :)

For the following questions, feel free to limit your answer to your own state or what you're familiar with, I'm not expecting an encyclopedic legal brief from you or anything.

Do you have any information on what is being tested? Do medical growers specifically target high-cbd strains, or others with more limited recreational capacity? Does the state or whatever entity is in charge of its medical marijuana program supply the strains or does all that remain the responsibility of the farmer?

And with regards to recreational use of flowers, I assume it's not kosher then to just fill a mason jar of your own poo poo before you declare how much you yielded that crop, you have to actually designate live plants for personal use prior to harvest, and have to time that harvest to avoid having it around when you're harvesting your "commercial" crop?

The money aspect is actually something that some (selfish) angst exists over here. I've only heard anecdotal evidence of what a kilo goes for in California now and if those figures are true a lot of people would take a bath on the supply side. Paying taxes on top of that would make it fairly attractive for more risk tolerant individuals to keep selling for cross-border markets or other destinations/purchasers outside of the system. Is there any information on how it gets taxed?

Additionally, you mentioned banks are federal, does this impact your ability to stay banked as a dispensary or farmer? Or is the only "issue" that you have extra overhead costs to send an armored car to pick your cash up?

E2: not meant to be a discussion/encouragement of illegal activity in any way shape or form.

Hambilderberglar fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 19, 2016

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Toasticle posted:

18 Hours light/6 dark to keep it in a vegetative state, can keep it like that as long as you want but will have to trim it unless you want a pot tree. Things can grow 1-2 inches a day. 12/12 light/dark and it will flower.
Is there a legal/practical rationale behind not deeming a plant kept under 18/6 light legally a "plant"?
Where I am from, lights are illegal at all (but this prohibition is widely flouted), so as long as one stays inside the personal plant limit (5) you're kosher no matter what stage the plant is in.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Cockmaster posted:

If you're growing indoors, you shouldn't have much need for pesticides or herbicides, should you? Even outdoors, I would think that with a dozen or fewer plants to care for, you could find some way to avoid the need for chemicals (though I don't know that much about gardening, least of all cannabis).
Thrips and spider mites can be brought in from the outside fairly easily, especially if you have a garden. Persimilis can be deployed at an early stage and they'll just eat them into extinction, but once the mites start spinning their webs there's so many that the the Persimilis won't devour them all. Your plants will (probably) survive but your yield will be at least half, possibly as little as a third of what you should get per watt/m2 if the little fuckers weren't eating your profits.

If you're willing (or needing to) use chemicals, Vertimac or some off-brand variety of it is what I've seen sprayed most often in Europe. Or some paranoid individuals dunk their clones before potting them over.

Hambilderberglar fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 21, 2016