Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

“When you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming in so many states around this country, the last thing we should be doing is encouraging people,” [Spicer] said.

i hope somebody slaps a fentanyl patch on his dick

yes, he's talking about cannabis stores in this quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

New Zealand is now hammering out legislation to legalize medical cannabis; they say not to expect dispensaries for another two years, but given that some people can't wait that long, they plan to decriminalize weed for anyone who's not going to live more than another year. Well, that's one way to address the issue...

actuarial legalization equals actual legalization imo, also this gold fringe is suspect

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sucks to learn that tv commercials about weed are as bad as Zeta hits on border mayors.

The graphs of all "drugs" plotted on axes of harm to self vs. harm to others, or immediate harm vs. long-term dependency harm are orders of magnitude more helpful than this.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oh poo poo, this is a good opportunity to speak out too!

This chart is just legal recreational prices. The black market never hit this rate, and if you see the bubble on tax changes, that's about what WA's recreational prices were the whole time. It's only gotten about a third cheaper, which is amazing, but isn't the ridiculous slide they show. Keep in mind the steady supply of black market weed compared to the normie rush that happened in the first few months of legalization, combined with legal limits on supply. Someone unused to weed and unwilling to smoke it every day could make an ounce last six months or more, while turnaround time on crops and curing is at least five months from seed to shelf. Given this rush + crop time period, we should see another drop in prices nationwide after CA and the east coast states get in their second legal crop, roughly at about this time next year. In Texas, from 2005 to this graph's time period, prices steadily dropped from less than $20/g to about $6-10/g today. This is including another middleman or two between me and (I assume) Colorado.

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 30, 2017

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

In border areas that relied on lower-quality weed from Mexico, this is the time for Christmas Weed, or local sativas that had to be harvested later than other strains, packed, shipped and trafficked. This weed was often cheaper and better quality than weed the rest of the year, which may be a tradition that is about to die out.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

old, but demonstrates the difference between thc and full-spectrum flower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cAFRAX3Gs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nothing has changed since cannabis legalization except for the availability of legal cannabis

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bought hemp flower in texas, my god it smells like the real thing. Doesnt hit the lungs the same way. It's like o'douls but a lil fun

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

another boring article from the new repub-huh?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

europe sent everyone they didn't like from their teeming shore to ours for 150 years, which included all the stoners

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

be black in the southern part of the state without one and see what happens

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there are still six dry counties in the tx panhandle, down from maybe eighty when i was born

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

soon you'll see legal states pressuring illegal states for commerce reasons and then it's game over

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this seems like something you can buy off manchin on tbh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's too surrounded by legal states (as the article says) just take a day trip to the soon-to-be dispensary in west yellowstone montana

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.theonion.com/nervous-biden-rushes-past-intimidating-circle-of-senato-1847304606

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

who's the PM? the governor is against the bill but the premier, the head of government, is strongly for

edit oh you mean Truss nm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

and that's why there's no weed in the valley or key west

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's interesting about Thailand, I wonder if that includes any industrial-scale production. to be honest recreational use was always a $5 bribe away

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more like military HUH?ta

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

uhhh how many people have federal possession charges and not trafficking? lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah that's mostly useless on a national scale, especially if it leaves out all those convicted of trafficking and other tertiary charges to possession. later he did say that the AG should look at rescheduling cannabis which would have ten thousand times the effect

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

D-Pad posted:

NYT said around 6500 if I remember correctly but it also applies to any possession charges in DC since that is federal which accounts for several thousand more. Certainly better than nothing. If you are in jail on multiple charges and the possession gets dropped that still may take time off your sentence I think?

ah didn't think about DC, that makes more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

LaserPrinter69 posted:

It's a good start but it means nothing for consumers.

lol thread title