Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

[space saved for US breakdown]

I just want to record this for posterity, because it's a pretty apt description of the country right now.

Since Jeff Sessions is gonna be AG or whatever, does this mean that states like Mass that legalized marijuana are gonna start cracking down on them? Are states rights less than federal laws in this case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Legalization/decriminalization still means that you can get fired for failing a test that screens for marijuana, right? I don't think it supersedes at-will employment?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zamujasa posted:

But in all seriousness, is it possible that the issue could be tied into ~foreigners~/Mexico/other drugs and turn the public hostile towards legalization? Or could the mix of legal medical and widening recreational/decrim be enough to prevent that?

I just worry that it might even be pushed back to going after MMJ.

MMJ has always been heavily tied to racial politics and anti-latin sentiment. The whole anti-MMJ thing started as a way to demonize Mexicans, after all.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Aging Millenial posted:

When California/Maine/Massachusetts/Nevada all have legal markets in 2018

If Mass gets legal markets by 2018 I will eat my hat. The government here seems dead opposed to legalizing it, down to trying to delay legalization for a year and a half.