Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I haven't seen any good speculation as to what their actual goal is here

It's a stalling tactic. La Page is going to try to get the pot thing stopped at a federal level. If the opponents just slow things up and take a long time finding volunteers and count really slow and start over a bunch of times or whatever they buy enough time for the governor to work out his plan to use trump to use federal resources to stop pot sale or use. He then plans to change the rules on referendums so it's harder for maine to pass any by changing the way signatures need to be distributed. There is no real meaningful recount. It's just a way to buy some days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

This is kind of what I expect it is. The only good-faith reason for what they're doing would be "we genuinely believe our electoral system has a margin-of-error over 1% so let's flip the coin and see if it comes up our way this time."

If you see any investigative writeups that more firmly flesh out how this can be a stalling conspiracy, that'd be useful for the thread.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a thing he's said, his plans on this issue is to "delay, delay" then ask trump to put a stop to it when trump is in power.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Cockmaster posted:

Has Trump ever offered an opinion on marijuana one way or another?

http://www.businessinsider.com/where-donald-trump-stands-on-weed-legalization-2016-11
"Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states.""