Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Jonny 290 posted:

Seeing cannabis products be used effectively instead of opiates for palliative care and such may swing some people, hopefully; IIRC Ireland's had a bit of a heroin explosion lately.

Is there anywhere on earth that hasn't had an explosion of opiate use lately? If cannabis legalization can be shown to effectively decrease opiate addiction or death rates, I think you'll see a move toward legalization pretty much everywhere. Unfortunately, this explosion has been happening as cannabis becomes more socially and legally acceptable in North America, so even though those two things are probably unrelated, the data may not look so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I'm still betting on Italy to come over to the Netherlands-Spain-Portugal style of enforcement relatively soon, or if Catalonia secedes they should be in on the ground floor.

They're already in on the ground floor as part of Spain, no?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Tonton Macoute posted:

Malta is an insignificant city state in the middle of a sea, but the leaders of both political parties came out in favour of debating Canada or Portugal type of decrim yesterday. Much of it seems to be preelection posturing, but I would be cautiously optimistic.

Every time Malta is in the news it seems like it's doing something cool and progressive, so that's good I guess.