Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I am so bad at that game. I look forward to that project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Turns out the illness I was having was kidney stones again, this time in my other kidney. Hopefully after this they will all have been flushed out and I will be free of them. So, no videos for a while longer, sorry. Less pain this time, more nausea! I have my very own bucket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWx6wsLTU8Y

In the meantime, here is the burnout paradise eurobeat stream I did. You should watch it, it's entertaining.

I'm so sorry this keeps happening to you. What preventative measures can be taken to stop this from happening again-again?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

Since this is more or less The Current CJacobs Thread

You're doing God's work, my friend.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh, those pages. There are quite a lot of those types of pages in the game, for some reason.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Probably! I think it's a wonderful idea, personally, and it'd liven this thread up with some interesting chat provided enough people were into it.

Sounds fun. I'm down.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Gonna be doing a 12 hour stream tomorrow starting between probably 10 and noon CST. I'll be honest with you: I have multiple thousands of dollars in medical bills to pay for my kidney stones (despite having insurance) and I need help, but I don't want to ruin my credit score by taking out a loan I can't pay back quickly. So the goal of the stream is to raise money in the name of paying them off without doing that. gently caress the US healthcare system.

I know it's taboo to talk about shilling for cashola on the forums but there's really no pressure to donate, I will survive with or without your money. I am not here or doing this solely to ask you to fund my life. I encourage you to just come hang out and support me as I destroy my body. There'll be a wide variety of stuff to watch and enjoy, from more Deadly Premonition to probably making a Doom map when I start getting sleepy.

I know the struggle. Boy, do I know it.

Medical bills, not the kidney stones.

Gonna clear up my schedule for this one.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Don't clear it yet, I sprained something in my shoulder and it's hurting real bad so I don't really feel like doing anything at the moment. If I don't feel any better by tomorrow I'll postpone it to next week. Will keep the thread updated.

edit: I am starting to think I am cursed, like I'm an ancient vessel for medical problems for all the people who don't get medical problems.

It's the ghost of Suda51 haunting you for dropping the Let it Die LP before it began.

Luchadors are really vengeful like that.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Alright, then take care of your arm. Suffering is funny, prolonged suffering less so.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Five bucks says Barry keeps that cardboard cutout of Alan Awake in his truck all the time so he can trick his way into carpool lanes.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty ingenious.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

I know it's been done before, but Barry is perfecting the formula, as you can obviously tell.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

SweaterGear posted:

The fact that these mental patients are portrayed as punchlines is really uncomfortable to watch. And why do game designers think it's funny to make jokes about game designers? None of the jokes are ever funny and they always come across as smug attacks on critics.

Holy poo poo, Alan is a monster for thinking that someone working in a mental institution "had it coming" when she was beaten to death by a patient. Also, like others have said, Alan smiling at the horrible death of another person is all the more reason to hate him. Whenever the main character in media is a writer the story is always about how hard the creative process is. I'm sick and tired of writers whining about "writers block" and the endless difficulties of their job. I'd really like it if just once there was a writer character who got called out for this poo poo. I don't want to watch/play something where a person with a job solely complains about that job.

I really appreciate how funny and entertaining CJacobs and Skippy have been because this game has a unlikable cast and boring gameplay, so without the two of them there'd be no reason to watch these videos. Such a shame that the Max Payne people fell so hard.

She didn't die. She's just severely injured.

Alan is an rear end in a top hat.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Question: in regards to the Twin Peaks watchalong, I'm allowed to watch up to the episode after your last write-up, correct? Because I just realized I have an itch, and the only thing that scratches it is more Twin Peaks.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Oh, you can watch ahead as many episodes as you want. There's 30 episodes of Twin Peaks, and even at 2 a week that's still like 4 months of watching the show so don't feel bad about not wanting to wait. If you want to go ahead of the watchalong that's fine, just don't spoil things for people who are sticking to the schedule.

That's the problem. I want to stick to the schedule, but I never realized just how engrossing this show was. I wanna find out who killed Laura Palmer!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
CJacobs, I have already explained to you how I feel about the series, after having finally experienced it for the first time a few weeks ago: I'm hooked, and it's maddening. And with that, I can sympathize with your love of Lynch. And I still can't give you a good guess as to who killed Laura Palmer. Maybe White Coke was right, maybe it was the football.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Most of them require restarting your computer though so if we run into one on the stream it'll be red curtains for Deadly Premonition.

This sounds like quitter talk.

Started season 2. Hot dang.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
1) I could not tell this episode was not directed by Frost or Lynch. In my defense, I'm not personally familiar with their directing or writing style.

2) Being a small town in the middle of nowhere, I figure that bad habits are hard to fight. Look at what kind of people this town cultivates, like Leo, Hank, and Laura. So that's the kind of "evil" the Bookhouse Boys are trying to fight... Though I will say that it's fairly irresponsible for the sheriff, the effective deputy, and the good men in the town/show to be part of a... vigilante group. Because that's what I'm seeing, here.

3) I have gotten to a point in the show where I have actually yelled "Holy poo poo!" after seeing a new development pop up. Because seriously, holy poo poo.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

These readings are great and make sense.

But what about the coffee thermoses?

Both an element to show homage to Twin Peaks, and something to collect for collection's sake.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
This reminds me of the time I took summer classes during Uni.

I will never take summer classes again.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Would watch a prey stream. Would watch a bloodborne lp more though.

I was actually looking forward to playing Prey, so I'll be interested in seeing CJacobs's take on it. I haven't even beaten the demo yet.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
This was a fun episode and Barry is just so endearing in that sort of way like he's your best buddy and you just wanna punch him a little bit in the face but you love him way too​much to do that so you at least settle for calling him a bastard.

Maybe I identify with Alan too much.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Thank you CJacobs, for making me anxious to see this video all day, after I've done the important stuff for the day.

I honestly wish I had money to give you, that was brilliant. True art, I would even say.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I like that game and I hope you have fun with this new project. I'm excited for this.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, you're the one who took that picture? I've seen that floating around the internet, thought it was pretty funny. Didn't know that was yours.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I can't take credit for it, no, just took an updated version for posterity.

Ah, okay.

Also, RE: the best episode, due to the combined efforts of your music video and your lack of hindsight, I'd have to say that this episode was the strongest one. I say this as a consumer of silly nerdy things on the internet, that the addition of silly awesome nerdy things to this episode has boosted it above the other. I can no longer be objective about this.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

That joke will only makes sense if you follow cjacobs on twitter :v:

I don't even have a twitter, dude.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So long as you're not electrocuted or something just and painful, then we can wait.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I haven't heard much about remedy's newest games. Are they really not good?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

Okay, so

Quantum Break Lore: Time is an egg. Someone stuck their dick in the egg. The egg is now hosed.

CJacobs Lore: CJacobs is a good egg.

what does this imply for the entire stream just now?

Erotic fanfiction?

Voyeurism?

Whatever it implied, it's also a fact that I probably missed a good stream.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Ugh, I passed out just before you started streaming yesterday. How sad.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Gonna have to miss another stream, I don't have internet right now.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh, cool, I won't be able to catch this.

Wait, that's not cool at all.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

bman I think you might be cursed to never ever catch my streams except for the very beginning and end. Have you opened any sarcophaguses lately?

Nah, my life just went to hell recently, and I'm still recovering.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
In my last year of college, my wisdom tooth grew in. It really sucked, but in the end, it wasn't impacting anything, so everything is okay.

That has nothing to do with what I'm dealing with right now, but I can tell you one thing: at least I'm not Alan Wake. Then things would definitely be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I miss Barry.

• Locked thread