Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't keep up on recent volcanic activity okay!! It's just not on my to-do list SHEESH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kibayasu posted:

I don't know if it is Max that I'm hearing but I think I hear a dog whining as you go through the hole in the wall.

I just went and checked myself because it only took a minute or two to get there and yep he's definitely dead! They even let you shoot him if you want! Dammit Alan! :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am learning a great deal about volcanoes! Thanks Remedy!

Edit: ok but what mammoth facts have you got for me?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ponzicar posted:

If you ever go to Los Angeles, and you want to see Buck Tooth Charlie's relatives, the La Brea Tarpits are worth a visit: http://www.tarpits.org/visit.

Ah, yes, The The Tar Pits Tar Pits! I've heard about this place!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 11, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something Awful poster Fish Noise, who I do enjoy so much: you may be happy to know that The Binding of Isaac finally officially supports modding with lua and stuff. That means that I can finally make that fan art you drew back in the Dead Space 3 thread a reality!

CJacobs posted:

http://puu.sh/teHRo/90c987909c.webm

Having fun with modding. My first order of business is to turn Isaac into Isaac Clarke because someone made fan art of that for my Dead Space 3 let's play like 2 years ago now.

The items I have planned are:
- RIG Helmet (in the webm), gives a soul heart at the start of each floor, I might bump it down to a half soul heart if that's too generous
- RIG Suit, changes the player's tears to a triple shot that fires in a straight line
- Contact Beam, basically a reskin of Krampus' Head except it only fires in one direction

edit: I should note that this was an unholy pain in the rear end and if you want to mod this game you are in for some not very fun times, but it was worth it to see the item ingame and functioning properly. I don't know why the pickup is offset by like 2 pixels though.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 8, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alan has a problem with being maybe a little bit too literal sometimes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Birds are the most annoying enemy in the game. You should shoot the ones that linger around the map.

I agree, and I'm pretty glad they didn't come back for American Nightmare! What they were replaced by, on the other hand...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Still love that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szQNIRBV3WU

Hey, I recorded my Summer Games Done Quick submission this morning. You should watch it, it went very well!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I kinda also wish that.

And hey, by the way, Something Awful user IronSaber. A year ago, you gave me a yearly PS+ subscription code you had lying around so that I could experience the online in Bloodborne, and this next coming month it finally is going to run out. I just wanted to say thank you very much, I got a lot of mileage out of it. It means a lot to me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

NiftyBottle posted:

Thermy sez:

"alwaayS use PROTEcTION while chaiinSAwing aas WOODCHIPS can FLy into Your EYES"

FUCKIN YES

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm doing a 12 hour streaming marathon on my youtube channel! Starting off with Dead Rising, everyone's favorite zombie massacre simulator. Come hang out!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have split the archive on my stream and this is the new URL! come watch me play more videogames for 6h!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am proud of you all for creating all this Thermy art, regardless of your ability! Keep it coming!!

Also, my next college semester has started so updates will slow down a bit. I'm gonna be much busier this semester than my past few ones so my free time will be dwindling. I will do my best to give you one a week! Excluding supplemental stuff like the manuscript pages.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am majoring in Digital Media Communications- stuff like marketing and advertising through use of ~visual media~. Think advertisements, commercials, etc. The stuff I'm learning is actually mostly stuff I already know re: video editing, 3D modeling and animation, etc. but that's okay. My degree is more focused on the creation aspect of it than the business aspect, but I can pick up a few classes for that and maybe minor in business or something probably.

It's not actually what I want to do for a living because the advertising world is terrible but it's a pretty good bridge between the freelance work that I do now (and the let's play stuff of course!) and a professional environment. But it's a general degree that can be applied to a lot of stuff, so once I have some work experience from there I can move up to doing what I actually wanna do, which I do not know what that is yet!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 18, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

KieranWalker posted:

Cool. So LPing is practical experience!

Yeah, kinda!

White Coke posted:

How often do you slip subliminal messages into your LPs?

Actually for the past 4 episodes I've been quietly beaming "Follow Skippy Granola on Twitch" into your heads, I'm sorry you had to find out this way

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"My mid-life crisis hit me harder than I thought it would."

Next episode is rendering now, will probably be up tomorrow sometime. Terror! Excitement! Watch Alan and Barry slowly trundle after a man with a limp while he expounds about the glorious Skyboat! Expect the manuscript pages for this past episode too!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nice piece of fish posted:

It'll be nice to have something with less terribly written horror speeches and indescribable darkness than the inauguration to watch, at least.

Agreed! :suicide:

And hey, because I didn't wanna just delete it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMcCWL7sjvk

Here's just a little bit of a trailer I was making for the Bloodborne LP that I'm not gonna finish. I really like how it was turning out but it doesn't much fit the tone of the LP, gonna go with something slower for the real thing. Song is "Mene" by Brand New.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

As it turns out, Alan Wake is Sam Lake in real life. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

This Nightingale guy seems like a pretty well-read fellow. Maybe he's been to a lot of book fairs in his day. I guess he could be part of some kind of alcoholic book club or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kibayasu posted:

I wish Nightingale just chased you this entire level shouting random authors.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the record, The Alan Wake Files expands pretty heavily on Nightingale and what his deal is and (most importantly) where the hell he came from all of a sudden, but we're not there yet. Expect more info about the guy after I post a future episode! It's not too substantial, but it does explain his motivations a little better than the game itself does.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
YEESSS :woop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJvDBs_Jz0

I played through the entirety of Resident Evil 7 tonight in one sitting! It was super duper fun! If you don't plan on buying the game or don't mind spoilers, you should watch it, I had a great time and the chat was great too. Maybe don't watch it in one sitting because it's 8 hours long.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
appropos of nothing

https://twitter.com/alanwakenbake

holy poo poo it actually is already taken

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scaramouche posted:

try for @alanwoke

https://twitter.com/alanwoke

I've got bad news.

edit: the bad news is I've been planning this lp 6 years in advance and it's all part of an arg

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:vince: Excellent, Raiden! Very good!

CommissarMega posted:

I know this might be an odd question, but is there any way you could upload the full video as a downloadable file? My Internet's being a little spotty right now (it's monsoon season here in Malaysia), and it's really annoying to watch a video that's hitching all the time.

Just tried grabbing it from my channel (Youtube lets you download your own vids now) and it's 6 gigabytes large which I guess makes sense because it's 720p and 8 hours long. Do you still want it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, it's no big deal. Finding a place to host it as a download would be the hardest part really! :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In my defense, I wasn't carrying around any chem fluid and would've had to run back past Margie to get to the box to craft some, which would have caused me to take even more unavoidable damage! Which I think I say at some point before being killed by bugs. Eventually I do wisen up and craft some before making the journey.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

White Coke posted:

You don't need to defend yourself. You're exactly as Alan Wake wrote you.

Oh no, it's the worst thing I could possibly have imagined! I mean, Alan!

Today Alan joins the ever-increasing arms race between man and machine and defeats a Terminator that has come back in time to sabotage his writing career by leaving bad reviews on Goodreads.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Now I'm wondering what would happen if Alan- the trapped in the darkness writing this game Alan -wrote a story in which he is writing himself on the next 'layer' up. Like, what if he wrote a story wherein he is dictating what he is currently writing in the real world? What are the limitations of the darkness' reality bending powers? Could he sacrifice himself to trap it forever by way of infinite recursion??

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 3, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnuhIu5dvM

Hmm...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Neeeveeer miiiiiiind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcqItcpPSI

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think what truly turned my opinion around on it is a combination of being "on" while i was on camera and recording etc, and only being able to record at specific times after I had done my grinding. When I was playing the game for fun and beat it the first time, I didn't mind the grinding because I could just watch TV or a let's play or listen to podcasts or whathaveyou. But because of trying to let's play it I became much more aware of its flaws, I had to become much more invested. Instead of playing it like I play games (as a way to relax), I played it to actually win. And then it became clear that Let It Die does not want you to win.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It will be a little while till the next episode, I had some life stuff happen and I was crushed by Let it Die so Skippy and I didn't get to record this weekend, so I have no backlog right now. That said, you have this to look forward to now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGwlifm4yc

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's 'Kiss the Sky' by Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra. It's good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pHQuCezmLE

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fish Noise posted:

CJacobs let Let's Play Let It Die die, leading to carstream, which then revealed that:

The C stands for Car.

...it also stands for Cuack.

:vince:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Turns out the illness I was having was kidney stones again, this time in my other kidney. Hopefully after this they will all have been flushed out and I will be free of them. So, no videos for a while longer, sorry. Less pain this time, more nausea! I have my very own bucket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWx6wsLTU8Y

In the meantime, here is the burnout paradise eurobeat stream I did. You should watch it, it's entertaining.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bman in 2288 posted:

I'm so sorry this keeps happening to you. What preventative measures can be taken to stop this from happening again-again?

Well, according to my doctor this time it's because I always had stones in both kidneys, these just hadn't decided to start making their way downtown yet. But for the future basically it's just eat healthier, exercise more, drink water all day every day. I already dropped the soda and coffee (sorry Alan!) quite some time ago but I'm sure there's more I can do.

edit: That said, unfortunately since it's hereditary there's really not much I can do. Even if I eat as healthy as possible etc it might still happen again anyway! Just gotta remain optimistic that this will be the last time.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 14, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHFYjLVB_Ok

Streamed some Nioh! I will probably be doing laid back streams here and there while I am recovering, maybe more Nioh. So look forward to that!

edit: Oh hell yeah look at the cheesecake in that thumbnail

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CommissarMega posted:

Do you have a new mic or something? Because if you don't then drat, you sound like hell :ohdear: Hope things get better quickly for you soon.

If you do have anew mic, you need to return that poo poo ASAP :v:

No, I don't have a new mic, my settings were all kinds of screwed up so my voice was clipping and stuff. But also I sound like poo poo anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just call me PeeJacobs, it's easier that way.

• Locked thread