Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I'll try to keep up with the LP.

I want to see what I've missed in my recent playthrough, and how others interpret the story.

I did have some fun with the game, and I appreciate much of the effort the developers put into it (and even the parts that they worked on but apparently never fully made it into the game), but ultimately I had more frustrating times overall while playing it.

I also wish they had released and SDK for mods like they had done with the Max Payne games, because clearly their engine has improved a lot and it would be interesting to see what projects the modding community would come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
In that last cutscene, the sheriff's expression is so well done (it doesn't quite fit the context, but it looks great), and then you get Alan Wake's inexplicably and (consistently) bad facial animation. Was this an inside joke for the team or something?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

value-brand cereal posted:

..is that a loving QR code in Alan's office where he was looking at the book cover mock ups.

There are a few of those QR codes in the PC version (not too many, I can only think of just two in the entire game). They are easter eggs or sort-of inside jokes.

That one, when scanned says

quote:

Huh. Turns out this isn't too bad even if you're not sitting on a couch when you play it. Who knew!

And that is a joke-reference to the Microsoft guy who said

quote:

Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen
when Microsoft became the publisher for Alan Wake, and they made it Xbox 360 exclusive, effectively canceling at that time the PC version -- a move and comment that hurt Remedy's good reputation in the PC gaming community (and their existing fan base).

• Locked thread