Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Someone asked earlier if Psychiatrists were ever potrayed well in movies: There are two therapists who are actually listening and taking what they are being told into consideration:

1) Stranger than Fiction. When Will Ferrell goes to a therapist due to hearing a voice narrating his life, of course she diagnoses him as schizophrenic. However she also, I guess, sees the use in trying not to antagonise her patients like an idiot, because when he begs her for an option other than prescribed medication she suggests sending him to someone who knows about literature - primary character in the story Professor Hilbert, who is immeasurably helpful throughout the movie. If Hilbert's final answer had been "Your crazy dude..." he may have returned to her for the medication in hope that it would help. However, Hilbert recognises that a voice in his head seems to know more than he himself does, and therefore is likely a third party.

2) Stepford Wives (Original): The main character goes to see a therapist after noticing a weird behavioural pattern in Stepford where the woman, after living there for a month, change completely, going from confident, outgoing women to perfect stay-at-home wives with no hobbies or ambitions of their own. The therapist makes a follow up appointment with the main character for the next week, but on hearing that she has been there for 3 weeks already and "may not be [her] next week" she reschedules the appointment for the next day. Well done therapist! If she had stuck to her guns and kept it a week, for all she knew this woman could have harmed herself or someone else if she was that paranoid. She listened and adapted to her 'illness'

Two good therapists. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Perhaps, watching you Dark Soulsr 1-hit boss run, the C stands for Cidney Ctones?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Shadow Thermy's dialog:

Drink responsibly. Drinking TOO MUCH Coffee at once may give you BAD POOPS!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

CJacobs posted:

When the loving letters fade, it's like moving in slow motion.

On your criticisms of Cynthia's behavior requiring her to be changing lightbulbs constantly - that's exactly what she's been doing. That's why she's so paranoid and frustrated, in the diner making sure all the bulbs were in working order, she's been doing the whole town, the water pipe and maintaining her "Well Lit room" for literal decades. The contrived nature of her isn't Alan's fault - she existed long before he arrived in town, all he did was put her in his story. In the lodge and with the Old Gods, people have been singing and drawing about the Dark Presence and giving it power for generations, Alan's probably not the first novelist that it's ensnared, given Thomas Zane. (I believe that this has all been brought up by the game so far, if I'm getting ahead let me know)

Also, Cynthia would only be Crazy if the Dark Presence wasn't a real thing - it is a real thing, and she can taken sensible precautions to fight it given it's properties. I'd say she's more impressive than nuts. Also she probably set a lot of the infrastructure around the plant when she was younger. All she had to do since then was change bulbs.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 30, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

There is one difference - Sprint offered him more money.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think overall my favourite part of this LP was the wonderful derail about "What if we are all in purgatory and it is feeding guinea-pigs 'Bloobies'" :3: I just love bloobie as a diminutive form of blueberry.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

"Alan, I am not your father... But if I were... that would be a terrible shock!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Barry Wheeler scrawled that into the margin of Alan's copy of the Sudden Stop and now he has to deal with it.

• Locked thread