Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
What kind of a place is a town called Bright gently caress, and what sort of game would take place there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

EponymousMrYar posted:

I am a master writer :downs:
Oh?

ingwit posted:

Johnny Fiveaces powered down the magnabike with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. “drat.” he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at Clashpoint. Alreddy the sun was sitting Walliston’s Hill ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn’t exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. drat, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of time travail but ironically the only time now is the time of which we’re out of. It’s almost humorous. Yeah, I could almost laugh, if I hadn’t cried that part of me away when my parents were maccasared by Dr. Malaprop and the government sanctioned murderers of “CAPITAL”.

He lit a Nicosheen brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop’s slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. “That’s right doll” he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going to do it cyber hard.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

Quoting this again to say that I have recut and re-uploaded the cut commentary version of the first episode. It now has much less talking over the characters. In later episodes of the LP (and episodes of Alan Wake) this will not be as much of a problem because it's mostly Alan by himself, but the game's introduction and other parts where you're just walkin' around Bright Falls are pretty full of dialogue for us to jabber over. So I have rectified the issue by cutting/changing some of the commentary to not be in the way of the game anymore. :)
The C stands for What A Cool Guy Who Is Also Not An Overly Loquacious Jerk Like Alan.

It is a versatile letter.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Well, under those 20 layers of clothing and his seemingly-human skin, Alan is actually a manifestation of coffee that has forgotten itself. At the end of the last LP Convergence, he was sundered and isolated in thermoses and this Alan shell, and the darkness in his nightmares is his true black coffee self seeking to destroy his human identity and reassert itself. The Alan persona fights back with creamer in the form of shining light into the darkness but he is also unknowingly restoring the coffee with his thermos collecting.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

White Coke posted:

WACGWIANAOLJLAJacobs. It all makes sense now.
Pronounced "Wooster".

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Comrade, please! We have noticed you, this is not necessary!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Are you going to have an all-manuscripts video where it speeds up every time Alan and his 40 layers of clothing write something needlessly complex?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

But who is the Sluice Master here?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

KieranWalker posted:

And maybe lay off the tweed.
The tweed is only the outermost layer. It would be a start, but there's 79 more strata to the problem.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

If you want to keep fishing but have a problem with hooks in faces you could clamp down the barb with pliers. I mean, it doesn't completely resolve the hooks in faces part but it comes out easier.

CJacobs posted:

I stepped right over his corpse. :smith:
If only Max had Alan's 160 layers of improvised body armor, or even Codpiece Jacobs' Black Russian to protect him.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

Something Awful poster Fish Noise, who I do enjoy so much: you may be happy to know that The Binding of Isaac finally officially supports modding with lua and stuff. That means that I can finally make that fan art you drew back in the Dead Space 3 thread a reality!
:vince:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

JT Jag posted:

Subliminal messages in an LP? That's just absurd

Now if you excuse me I have some dragon dildos to warm up

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Those 320 jackets serve as protective padding for falling off of all those cliffs.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJvDBs_Jz0

I played through the entirety of Resident Evil 7 tonight in one sitting! It was super duper fun! If you don't plan on buying the game or don't mind spoilers, you should watch it, I had a great time and the chat was great too. Maybe don't watch it in one sitting because it's 8 hours long.
I only got in on the back half of the stream, but now I've watched an hour or so of the beginning on double speed, and the movement looks normal under that condition.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs let Let's Play Let It Die die, leading to carstream, which then revealed that:

The C stands for Car.

...it also stands for Cuack.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Since this is more or less The Current CJacobs Thread

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLpCij2JcE

(It's a reference to this stream I did today that went fantastically by the way)

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I have started The Most Important Page

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Yeah, Alan Wake is a real labor of love. It shows in a million little ways, and they all come together to make a narrative that feels really comfortable with itself. I think my favorite little moment so far was Barry unloading on Alan. In general Barry is a character who could have really been awful, there's a real balance in his execution you don't often see in video games.
I was a bit "oh boy it's this character" when he first showed up but that apprehension has long since passed. What a good guy, this Barry.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Ahahaha the Christmas lights! :allears:

The C stands for Klinge, which is what Thomas Zane will do to you if you're especially bad.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Mr. Highway posted:

Barry is the best. I'd love a spin-off with Barry fighting the darkness, where he doesn't actually fight because the darkness stumbles like a stooge to it's own demise every time.
And it farts as it's falling off the cliff.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

When the loving letters fade, it's like moving in slow motion.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I recognize almost everyone, but who's the long-haired lover from Liverpool next to Thermy?
It's Jackie!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

From now on, I'm calling your "Like Subscribe Comment" voice the CSauce Voice.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I've lost a PSU to a one second brownout in the middle of a big project before. Everybody knows to have a surge protector, but they don't do a thing for power dips and outages, they're for the opposite phenomenon. Get you a battery backup, they are very worthwhile.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

I'm playing Remedy's next narrative shooty adventure game, Quantum Break, completely blind! Come watch me make jokes about Aiden Gillen throwing people off of aircrafts and taking off big guys' masks!
Okay, so

Quantum Break Lore: Time is an egg. Someone stuck their dick in the egg. The egg is now hosed.

CJacobs Lore: CJacobs is a good egg.

what does this imply for the entire stream just now?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

• Locked thread