Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I wouldn't mind living in Skippy Granola's Canadian Nightmare.

I also love the cheapo TV drama effect Remedy went with when Alan drove off a cliff.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

You know, seeing Barry wrapped in Christmas lights made me think of a neat weapon idea. Braid a couple feet of the stuff and make a christmas light whip.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Cador_2004 posted:

[CJacobs' Mtv Cribs audition tape]

I don't remember seeing this episode of Night Springs. Also, you couldn't go the extra extra mile and cover those tapes in dust or something to make them look old? Those suckers look brand spanking new.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Highway posted:

I always thought Alan's last line was a sequel hook, kind of. It has the usual implication toward a future sequel, or sequels, with Alan acknowledging the darkness is larger than once believed. Next, we could have the globe trotting adventures of Alan Wake as he solves mysteries with a cadre of kooky characters (somewhat like American Nightmare). And since the darkness and its powers over creativity are ill-defined, just about anything could happen in these potential sequels. Sure, one can draw parallels between the darkness and creativity. After all, the game's story encourages this. Maybe the darkness is part of mankind. Maybe it's the destructive opposite to the constructive creativity. Maybe Cauldron Lake is one outlet for this force without form that dates back to the forming of the world. Sadly, any speculation about the nature of the darkness and its relationship to the world or artists or creativity remains as speculation. The American Nightmare, from what I've seen since I've never played it, shows solid proof-of-concept for a franchise that'll never be.

There was an unreleased concept demo for AW2 that is kinda what you described. A lot of it ended up in American Nightmare.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Except as you will find out, much like all the product placement in Alan Wake, the gps doesn't work worth a drat and the Verizon phone actually gets Alan expressly deeper into trouble! :downs:

The truth is that the DLC is an allegory for how evil phone companies are, and how poo poo cell phone 'signals' were back in the day.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, I'm going into a dark tunnel. *hiss hiss* *schhhhhhhh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

When you referred to the lighthouse as the eye of sauron, I couldn't help but imagine a giant Barry slowly rotating off in the distance.

• Locked thread