Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

This isn't Alan Wake

poo poo what joke do i do from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Important mammoth fact:

Mammoths are pretty big, at least compared to most dogs

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

thank mr skyboat

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

biosterous fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 4, 2017

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

So, with all the common threads linking your LPs, would you say that they're... converging?

something something Altman

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Watching through Twin Peaks while I was already watching through Stargate SG-1 is kinda funny, because the Major is also the General in Stargate.

I've decided that it's the same character - dealing with Bobby made him really grumpy, and that's why he's always like "no, SG-1, you're not allowed to go save the day or whatever." He's just really tired of people rebelling against his authority!

This idea is subject to change after seeing more Twin Peaks.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

So far one of my favourite things about Twin Peaks is how Harry is really supportive and willing to go along with Cooper's weird stuff. Lots of other shows have the detective-with-a-gimmick get doubted and disbelieved by the regular cops for a while until they finally prove themself. Here, Harry is completely down with the bottle-throwing divination (once it gets partly explained, anyway), and when he hears that Cooper doesn't actually remember the name from the dream, he's just disappointed that it didn't solve anything. There's no grumbling about Cooper wasting his time, or waking him up in the middle of the night for nothing, just "oh darn, no shortcut, but I guess we should try to crack your dream code while following other leads"

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

A CERTAIN OTHER SPECIAL LP I TEASED A LITTLE WHILE AGO staring whenever the heck I have it finished.

We're finally getting the long-awaited Alan Wake LP! :woop:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

man I spent all my orbs trying to pull a Christmas Barry but no luck

got like five Taken Carl Stucky's now, none of them higher than three stars

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Good LP :unsmith:

Thanks for doing this, and thanks for at least starting the Twin Peaks watchalong. I enjoyed your writeups, and it was enough to move Twin Peaks from the "I should probably watch this sometime" category to the "this is one of my favourite shows" category. So thanks for the gift of good TV!

Looking forward to the DLC - I remember at least one of them being pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Alan Wake is a game with a long-awaited sequel, and it was hinted at by having Alan start to write The Return.

The long-awaited third season of Twin Peaks was called Twin Peaks: The Return

This episode came out within a week of the TP:TR finale

:tinfoil:

• Locked thread