Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Real life is more important than LPs. Don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Skippy Granola posted:

An LP so long in coming it originally co-starred slowbeef

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hey C-Jakes, how did you change Roy Orbison to avoid copyright shenanigans? He sounded remarkably similar.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I enjoy your Strong Bad impressions, Skippy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Get this, mammoths were related to elephants.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Or the TTP project.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's from trying to keep up with the Twitch chat.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Way I'm figuring, Nightingale is using the names of other authors just to gently caress with Alan. He calls him Wake when talking to the sheriff on the radio.

Good point about Nightingale's character being written like that even in universe, though. He is basically a walking stereotype, and I don't think he grows much as a character during the course of the game. An alcoholic FBI agent with an itchy trigger finger? Come on.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Stormgale posted:

Well at least this explains why Cjacobs is going to Yharnam, I heard blood ministration can cure anything.

Don't worry. Whatever happens, you may think it all a mere bad dream...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You are the hero we deserve, Fish Noise.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Even season 2, Zach?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CJacobs posted:

Who killed Laura Palmer?

I don't know. It probably wasn't James, despite his serial killer eyes. We don't know of any motive he might have had. Definitely not Bobby. Guy's a hothead, but murdering your girlfriend in cold blood, wrapping her in plastic, and throwing her in the lake seems a bit much.

I think it's an unknown third party, possibly related to the R that Agent Chin found underneath her fingernail.

And I second the compliment about your media skills. These watchalongs are going to be great!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It was the coffee, Zach. It helped you out.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is Diane just what Cooper calls his dictaphone?

I think Leo's bloodstained shirt is a red herring. He's so obviously the murderer that it can't be him. He's probably into smuggling, and he's a spousal abuser, and his haircut is JUST THE WORST. But I don't think he's a killer.

Shady dealings in Twin Peaks? Man, if I've understood anything about Lynch, it's this: It's shady dealings all the way down.

E: I'm still on my "third party, related to R" theory. Haven't seen anything to dissuade me so far.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nightingale provides a perfect foil for Dale Cooper. He's a walking cartoon character without any relatable character traits.

He probably doesn't even appreciate good coffee.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's even wearing a uniform when we see him! Both Major Garland and General Hammond were airmen, too.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's the LP curse, CJakes.

PM me your PayPal so's I can kick you a couple of bucks for being a great guy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yes. I am all about all of this. Our good good boy Coop, all of the small-town drama, the silent drapes.

Michael J. Anderson (the little person who dsrawkcab sklat) was also excellent in Carnivale, a show that was far too good for this world.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

God, Leo is such a penis.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

3 PM.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah. Have some of that gum you like.

I hear it's coming back in style.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Maybe Harry didn't feel like Cooper was one of them yet before he stood up for them against Albert. He has since the moment he arrived proclaimed his love of the town and its great coffee, but you know, he's not from here. That really means something in a small town, especially when you're going to reveal the truth about a secret society. Maybe Harry was afraid that Cooper was going to laugh at them for their silly little gesture.

I don't think there's a physical evil demon in the forests around Twin Peaks (other than BOB, I guess). I think it's an extension of the Lynch trope of the dark underbelly of society. Maybe people are just more lovely towards each other here, or maybe it's more apparent in a small town. If it's close to the Canadian border, there's probably been smuggling of one type or another in Twin Peaks for as long as the town has been there, and smuggling draws criminals like poo poo draws flies.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 31, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

These readings are great and make sense.

But what about the coffee thermoses?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sorry to hear about the Twin Peaks cancellation. My coffee warned me about it, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

On the other hand, hearing Skippy say "Bloobie" is probably the cutest thing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Being the speediest let's player is what you're most known for.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I'm SWEATIN' HERE

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Does that mean you're going to update that weird Dash Rendar thing?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm glad school isn't kicking your rear end anymore, friend. You're a really good Let's Player.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This point is where the game narrative disappears up its own rear end, finding a secondary rear end in there up which to disappear.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I recognize almost everyone, but who's the long-haired lover from Liverpool next to Thermy?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Computer safety is important.

Also, on a Twin Peaks-related note, I only just now got the innuendo in the name "One-Eyed Jack's".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nothing more badass than smelling a fart and sucking on a lemon.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But then they would have less money than when they started, and that doesn't make any sense.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hello?

... Did anyone say anything?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Imaginary Barry is somehow even better than Normal Barry. I don't know how that's possible.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

HOLY poo poo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Praise the eyes! _o/

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh, hey, I'm free on Saturday! Laudate Solis!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I really like this DLC actually. It reminds me of the trippier parts of Dishonored when you hang out with the Outsider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

American healthcare sounds like the most frustrating thing!

• Locked thread