Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is there really a MONSTER TRUCK RALLY BOSS FIGHT? If so then I've got to finish playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

The C stands for What A Cool Guy Who Is Also Not An Overly Loquacious Jerk Like Alan.

It is a versatile letter.

WACGWIANAOLJLAJacobs. It all makes sense now.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Shei-kun posted:

As a resident of the state of Washington, I can confirm that we have many volcanoes, including more than one caldera lake. I get to look at one that's supposedly due to explode 'any time between now and 1000 years from now' every day when I look out the front window of my house.

Don't look away, a watched volcano never erupts.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I can't see any body hair. I hope you don't freeze to death CJacobs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

algebra testes posted:

The biggest mystery of this Let's Play so far is that I already am subscribed to Skippy Granola's youtube channel and I can't for the life of me work out why.

Not in an existential "Nothing he has done is of worth" way, but a "I must have been following a let's play of his and I can't remember which one" way.

For me it was Bulletstorm. Although I should have unsubscribed after I bought RAGE because he made it seem fun.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

KieranWalker posted:

There's also Lady Naga and Heavenator, though I am hard pressed to name anyone else.

I think Kaubocks said he was Canadian in one of his recent videos. And there's Frenzy, along with Cletus, and Swordfish. And Danaru.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

It probably was! I didn't know Skippy when I first decided to do Alan Wake! I just have a habit of attracting handsome Canadians I guess.

It's not that difficult. You just dig a pit, cover it, and suspend some flannel and denim over it. They're so polite they even give you advice while you cook 'em.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Given the quality of Alan's writing I think NaNoWriMo is the only time he writes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Alan Wake needs to drink so much coffee to stay sober. If he wasn't constantly guzzling thermoses dry he'd crack open some brewskis and never come back out. If only he wasn't fighting his alcoholism with kleptomania.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Yet another Barry who is the best character in his respective series!

If only this Barry also pulled out an enormous hand cannon.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I joked about it earlier, but you can interpret Alan as being a recovering alcoholic for whom drinking was an important part of the creative process. Drinking removes the internal critic and some writers use it to write without having the niggling doubt in the back of their head that everything they write is poo poo. If Alan is also a natural introvert who has trouble interacting with fans then being unable to get drunk before dealing with people would be another thing that grates on him. So his writers block might actually be because by trying to treat his disease he's removed an important coping mechanism.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Hope you get well soon. Kidney stones are no joke.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
My dad used to suffer from kidney stones. According to him the only thing you can really do is take pain medication and drink lots of water. Unless the stones are impacted, then you'll need surgery. And you will be amazed at how tiny they are once you pass them. They are offensively small for something so painful. Unless they really are hail sized. Then I think you'll make national news.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I'm drinking as much water as I can. It's mostly coming back up and into the convenient bucket beside my bed, but it's the thought that counts I guess.

That's how it goes. If you're not throwing water up you're not drinking enough.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Right now I'm reading "I Am Providence" by Nick Mamatas. It's about how terrible the Lovecraft fandom is, told through the lens of a murder mystery. One of the two viewpoint characters is the murdered writer, his consciousness trapped in his own rotting flesh even after death.

Will you be playing Alan Wake's American Nightmare ScabrousJacobs?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Wooly mammoths are just regular mammoths that aren't constrained by society's restrictive views on bodily hygiene and grooming.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Ah, yes, The The Tar Tar Pits! I've heard about this place!

ftfy. Thank god for Wikipedia, it makes being a pedant so easy.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I agree, and I'm pretty glad they didn't come back for American Nightmare! What they were replaced by, on the other hand...

I just finished American Nightmare and boy, those flying monster trucks are killer.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How often do you slip subliminal messages into your LPs?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Actually for the past 4 episodes I've been quietly beaming "Follow Skippy Granola on Twitch" into your heads, I'm sorry you had to find out this way

Then why have I been waking up, my hands covered in blood?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd go to Wakeworld. Not to kill anyone, just to hear some robot tell me I'm a good writer.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

For the record, The Alan Wake Files expands pretty heavily on Nightingale and what his deal is and (most importantly) where the hell he came from all of a sudden, but we're not there yet. Expect more info about the guy after I post a future episode! It's not too substantial, but it does explain his motivations a little better than the game itself does.

Is he possessed of a shred of self awareness that he is a fictional character, and wants to kill Alan because of how poorly written he is?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

In my defense, I wasn't carrying around any chem fluid and would've had to run back past Margie to get to the box to craft some, which would have caused me to take even more unavoidable damage! Which I think I say at some point before being killed by bugs. Eventually I do wisen up and craft some before making the journey.

You don't need to defend yourself. You're exactly as Alan Wake wrote you.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's not turtles, but Alan Wakes all the way down.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Now I'm wondering what would happen if Alan- the trapped in the darkness writing this game Alan -wrote a story in which he is writing himself on the next 'layer' up. Like, what if he wrote a story wherein he is dictating what he is currently writing in the real world? What are the limitations of the darkness' reality bending powers? Could he sacrifice himself to trap it forever by way of infinite recursion??

It all depends on whether the two Alans will continue to trade places or just continue on with their lives after making the swap.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Haerc posted:

CJacobs, maybe you will pee out a miraculous stone... A Philosophers stone perhaps?

Having his urine turned to gold would explain his medical problems.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Glad to see you're back ÇweetJacobs and Skippy Granola.

Also why does Alan's mod to remove spiders need another mod that turns people into jackets?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Alan Wake 2 will have a wool knit beanie preorder DLC. And CoumerJacobs will buy one for everyone who posts in the thread.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mr. Highway posted:

Barry Wheeler has to be a genius to promote Alan.

The greatest mind of our generation is stuck selling lovely books. Maybe he knows something we don't?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Honestly, I'd go farther and say it changed what it means to make TV. It raised the bar in a way that wasn't immediately obvious, but now every big name TV show feels a bit like a distant Twin Peaks homage.

How so? Having only ever known a post Twin Peaks World I have no frame of reference.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I think it's an unknown third party, possibly related to the R that Agent Chin found underneath her fingernail.

Yeah, was Laura's murderer in the pilot?

I not that sure that Leo Johnson did it, but it would be ironic if he was sleeping with Laura, since Leo freaks out at the thought of Shelly cheating on him, and killed her for some reason. Given how angry he is it might not have been anything serious, just a bad day. And he is a truck driver which means he's probably a serial killer, human trafficker, or drug dealer.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Wa11y posted:

Wasn't there only one murder so far, before Laura's, that had a letter shoved under the fingernail? One killing isn't really a serial killing (yet), so why would the FBI get involved? A local girl killed in the town she lived in isn't really a Federal matter. It wasn't until AFTER Cooper showed up that they found out about the letter under the nail, so it's not like that's something that would have triggered the FBI showing up. Is the FBI (or Cooper) just running around every time there's a killing reported and looking under fingernails? And if the first killing with a letter under a fingernail wasn't done in Twin Peaks, why is Cooper so sure Laura's killer is still in Twin Peaks?
Is Cooper ACTUALLY working for the FBI, or is he just some guy who shows up and tells everyone he's with the FBI (possibly the killer himself, enjoying the spectacle)? Have we seen any proof of his working for the Feds, or is everyone just taking him at his word? Spoiled, just in case I'm hitting on something that's addressed later.

Ronnie was found across state lines, and the FBI tends to get involved with kidnapping cases. Cooper mentions it on the way in. As well as being near Canada, Twin Peaks is also close to Idaho (I think).

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Since Twin Peaks is so close to Idaho I think the killer was one of Idaho's many potato cultists. It's like Children of the Corn there. But with potatoes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

And More posted:

You're saying Laura was murdered by Tater tots? :monocle:

:five:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Nightingale is in Bright Falls to save the world from the evils of Alan Wake. How can Cooper or York compare to that?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I am starting to think I am cursed, like I'm an ancient vessel for medical problems for all the people who don't get medical problems.

God is punishing you for doing so many wonderful LPs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Nurse Birch probably doesn't wear a tie because a patient could use it to choke him. Even a clip-on could be dangerous to someone feeling suicidal. Or he's like me and has an unpleasant sensation whenever the top button is undone.

And all of the adds should have been in-universe. And featured Alan so that he could be haunted by even more of his failings.

bman in 2288 posted:

I know it's been done before, but Barry is perfecting the formula, as you can obviously tell.

By using a prop that has more dimensions than the person it's imitating.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

JT Jag posted:

I'd be willing to forgive the commercials if they didn't happen in the middle of the Darkness destroying everything

Ideally you'd be forced to use the TVs as light sources and endure an ever greater number of adds playing as they push the Darkness back.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The football. The football killed Laura Palmer. That's how it stayed on Bobby and Mike's car, it was sticky with blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

More streaming! Never stop streaming!

Çlow down ÇJacobs, you'll cauçe yourçelf another health criçiç.

• Locked thread