Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

As I mentioned in the video, The Alan Wake Files contains some of Alan Wake's actual in-universe writing. There's a full short story, and an excerpt from one of his novels. You can look it up to read it all right now if you want, but I'll be drip-feeding it as we go on. To start us off, here is the beginning of Alan's career as a published author!

Rereading this one, Alan's overuse of commas is fuckin killing me here holy crap. There are seven commas in the fourth sentence of the drat thing.

I'll post the rest in a couple episodes' time. I also plan on transcribing these to text at some point for people browsing on mobile.

I always love when games do stuff like this- doing writings or just the character's journal (Like, say, Halsey's journal in Halo Reach). Heck, the limited edition of Alan Wake was actually styled to look like a book!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Think I subbed to Skippy during Saints Row The Third.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SIGSEGV posted:

It's one of those deals where you can re-download it from steam so long as it exists afterwards, like NWN2, so it can happily land on your impossibly big and ever expanding backlog to be installed a century later.

That was on Steam? I've only ever seen it distributed on GOG.

• Locked thread