Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The reason Alan wears like five or six layers is because people routinely throw axes at him so he wears that much clothing as a form of body armour; it's what allows him to take several direct hits and still keep running around. The thick skin he developed from years of criticism from his terrible writing allows him to shrug off the axe that strays off towards his face.

I've watched people run through this game multiple times now but it's always fun to see someone else's take on things. I'm glad it's back and that you've mostly recovered from your kidney stones - they honestly scare the poo poo out of me and I'm more paranoid of getting one of them than I am having a heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

CJacobs posted:

Edit: ok but what mammoth facts have you got for me?

The eruption of Mount. St. Helens caused the extinction of the woolly mammoth - the ecosystem is a fragile web of interconnected factors.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

CJacobs posted:

I'm doing a 12 hour streaming marathon on my youtube channel! Starting off with Dead Rising, everyone's favorite zombie massacre simulator. Come hang out!

I'm joining the stream several hours late and my first question after the video began streaming was "why is Leon dressed as a 1920's era mobster?". You were then promptly decapitated...

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
If authorities believed that Alan lured his wife out to this 'retreat' so he could kill her then the FBI may investigate that, if he was in a national park when they thought he committed the murder they would also have jurisdiction. Considering he was already in police custody at one point but allowed to walk out the front doors without any charges I'm not sure why the FBI would be called in...

I get the idea that Nightingale is just your usual brash, "sophisticated" rear end in a top hat government agent that thinks local law enforcement is beneath him and that the rules don't apply to him. He's also calling Wake by random names in an effort to mock him or his profession. Your standard, shallow cliched character with zero depth. Exactly what you'd expect to find in a Wake novel, apparently.

It's probably a good thing that the shadow creatures vanish when they're defeated or the FBI may have a lot more to build their case on. It's pretty hard to explain how one unarmed man can destroy 6 patrol cars and take down a helicopter, but a forest full of dead sheriff's deputies that were chasing you? That's a tad more difficult to feign ignorance on.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Well that was... different. Not sure what I expected with all the RE reboots and offshoots there's been over the years. Wonder where they'll go next with that.

Gotta say though, the scariest thing about that game was this recommendation:

Showing up in my queue afterwards.

Thanks for that.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Since his vacation started Alan has stolen like 5 or 6 cars, most of them on this most recent morning alone. Everyone in this town either leaves their doors unlocked and keys in the ignition, or Alan's is really skilled at hotwiring them for some reason.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Well, that's a pretty damning review for a game. The sudden about face almost makes it sound like the developer ran over your dog over the weekend but I can completely sympathize with getting sick of the tedious grinding just to try and get ahead. Guess they need to get people to cough up some cash somehow though...

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Max Payne was still from an era where repetition was the key to success - once you played a level a couple times you knew what was coming and could deal with the ambushes. There were a number of spots that were just total dick moves though. But really the most insufferable parts were those god drat dream sections; yes, lets add in a delayed reaction, low gravity, distorted visions and jump puzzles. Those all sound like fun. You know what else is fun and will help tie it all together? The sound of crying babies! I memorized the fastest ways though those sections first.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
You jest in the end about some one running out with some surface-to-air missile but let's remember that the darkness has already brought down one police chopper and has a penchant for throwing around cars and trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I feel as though a better ending would've been the Darkness breaking Alan's knees and tying him to a bed, instead of just locking him in a dark room and forcing him to write a book.

As fun as it was to poo poo on the game and nitpick all its flaws this was a pretty solid game when it came out and contained an impressive amount of detail; recycled assets and skyboat clones aside. I don't think I've ever seen the DLC, so that'll be fun if/when you get around to them.

• Locked thread