Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Tyranny is good but for mostly different reasons than Pillars.

Tyranny has a much more interesting world and storyline I find, but the streamlined companions and main character do mean less combat variety. Pillars has a much larger variety of character builds and that applies to companions as well. I also find a lot of the Pillars companions somewhat better characters whereas most Tyranny characters are mouthpieces for their factions.

That being said, Tyranny has much much tighter encounter design with less trash mob fights. It also brings back the necessity of pre-combat buffing on harder difficulties, which I like Pillars for excluding.

Overall I like Tyranny better but it's not by a HUGE margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

extremely steampunk posted:

The class variety in pillars was wasted unless you played through the game more than once though, so that seems OK

Yes it was.

At the same time Tyranny encourages multiple playthroughs yet you have less variety in classes. It's odd design.

• Locked thread