Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only played both for about 20 minutes OP, so I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

He's describing choices you make in character creation, before you even have control of your character.

It sounds like poo poo that you encounter later in the game, and that he's spoiling how your pre-game choices turn out then.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I've reached the point where I can't be loving bothered to read all the stupid crap they put in these games. Every time I meet some yahoo and he starts telling me his life story or a piece of ancient history my brain just shuts down.

Same.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I agree Bioware games are really better than Absurdian piles

When you have to hear parts of a badly written video game plot, it's better to have the concision of a voice acted line, as in a Bioware or Bethesda title, IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The bullshit thing about games like this is that in order to make informed RP decisions you have to read a bunch of stupid novels that every single character wants to recite to you even though no real person talks like that. At least in a Elder Scrolls game you can just read a bunch of books if you really want to be certain about poo poo, or in Bioware games there's a codex. And all the other stuff is just people talking at least a little bit like real people and say enough that even if you don't want to be a big philosopher about your Choices you can get a sense of what's up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Bethesda is so bad and also the voice acting is so bad that it's way worse than anything.

Lmao fine.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IMO if you want to say that much poo poo just make a JRPG or something where the player doesn't have to make many dialogue choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

you can read faster than you listen. written words? basically pictures. what are pictures? they're made of light. what is the spoken voice? a sound. does sound travel faster than light? no. qed.

But there's less to read when they have to pay assclowns to read the words.

• Locked thread