Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's he thing that sucks about CRPGs IMO. If the combat and writing are both mediocre there's basically no reason to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst is when a dumb quest has a badass reward but here's no way to tell from the first step if it's good or not.

Basically all the quests outside the main one should be like in BG2 where they all give you badass rewards. Like the one to kill the Lich in the first city that gives you a staff that makes you invisible.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foxhound posted:

Wait which one was that? Because there was no way you killed Kangaxx on your first visit to Athkatla unless I'm misremembering

The first time I beat BG2 when I was 12 I played a wizard and shamelessly spammed rest. It's very possible to do it if you spam rest. I did it like 3 years ago? with only 3 rests but it was very hard and not very interesting either. I got literally all the XP I possibly could without continuing the main quest

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Try playing The Age of Decadence OP.

It's the best CRPG ever made.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Torment because you didn't need a big party to win but drat that was a dull game as far as the fights went. I ended up going for the pacifist skips just so I wouldn't have to play as many of the boring as fights. Maybe they'll have fun combat and a cool world this time instead of just the cool world

• Locked thread