Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Abisteen posted:

Hey I'm glad someone posted in this thread again.

I tried playing this when it came out and it just never clicked with me despite loving the style. Last week I picked it up again and have been super into it.

Right now I have climbed to like 13 or 14 but for the last couple of play sessions I have just been grinding floors 6-9 to try to find the iron blueprint. It's one of the only ones in the first tier that I don't have yet. The wandering shop had one for me the other day but when I went back to the elevator in the waiting room after going to get my 30k I realized it was 7pm and the rotation had happened. Goodbye iron blueprint maybe I will find you again tonight.
Buying the blueprint in the guaranteed shop on 3F Omoki is definitely the most painless way, but expensive to do early on. Best you can do to raise funds is open up 13F Okusa on a Tuesday/Saturday, then send upwards of 9 expeditions there per hour on those days to rack up sellin' snails to fund your Omoki trips.

It's a really good blueprint to have, particularly in the back half once you can make its third iteration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

With death pickups still being free, i'm grinding for slowmungus and invisibility shrooms to take a run at the bypass to tier 5 fighters when it rotates in again. They have been scarce as gently caress,countless expeditions have brought back gently caress all of any use. I found 2 slowmungus in the tower and two of the new cat-eye shrooms, but I've not tried those yet. Anyone got any tips? Either for the bypass or getting more of the necessary shrooms. I have taken a run at U-10 the first time i got to her floor, but I was completely unprepared (It was really just to see what she was like, I'd exhausted most of my gear and supplies killing the F30 boss and dying to her got me to the waiting room for free instead of paying the elevator) and she killed me in seconds. I think I hosed up the timing for hitting her, a deathburner rage move did practically nothing.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SiKboy posted:

With death pickups still being free, i'm grinding for slowmungus and invisibility shrooms to take a run at the bypass to tier 5 fighters when it rotates in again. They have been scarce as gently caress,countless expeditions have brought back gently caress all of any use. I found 2 slowmungus in the tower and two of the new cat-eye shrooms, but I've not tried those yet. Anyone got any tips? Either for the bypass or getting more of the necessary shrooms. I have taken a run at U-10 the first time i got to her floor, but I was completely unprepared (It was really just to see what she was like, I'd exhausted most of my gear and supplies killing the F30 boss and dying to her got me to the waiting room for free instead of paying the elevator) and she killed me in seconds. I think I hosed up the timing for hitting her, a deathburner rage move did practically nothing.
Yeah, they have definitely scaled back slowmungus and invisibility with the egg hunt promo, and now much like with scorpions they thinned out their numbers by including weaker versions. Although not common I recall a spawn point for slowmungus close to the elevator on F21 AKAMI when I was doing F22 KAWABE runs for the gold chest there. They tend to show up occasionally under the entrance to the left path in the first fork room. Not on the ground with all the scratch tubers, but further up where the path leads in two truly different directions (one of them is always a hall right to the elevator for the non-KAWABE floor).

Cat-eye shrooms are not super useful because IIRC they are definitely not stackable like the real-deal. Not sure if those are anymore either. They've been nerfing shrooms like crazy lately.

I posted before but the hard part of U-10 is that it's hard to melee particularly when it's all reared up (often). If you lock-on and use some dropped/expedition-reward BPM-As or other non-aimable ranged weapon, with a dragonshroom or two and stingshrooms, it takes it down quickly enough. It may be strong against fire but it's not particularly strong against piercing/ranged.

Also, by the by, if you're all stocked up from a metal run, with the zero-salvage cost you're just as good to quit to main title to shortcut back to your waiting room. No use wasting KC on return elevators (for now).

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kenny Logins posted:

{good advice was here]

Also, by the by, if you're all stocked up from a metal run, with the zero-salvage cost you're just as good to quit to main title to shortcut back to your waiting room. No use wasting KC on return elevators (for now).

Thanks! Its a silly pride thing I think, my fighters die in battle dammit! Thanks for the advice. I've got a couple of gold coloured assault rifles (edit: And a BPM A +1 and nail blaster +2) and golden dragonshrooms chilling in storage. They never occured to me because although I have one of every class maxed at T4 I've mainly been running an attacker with pork choppers, so I've been ignoring anything with a dex requirement. I could either do the shortcut run tomorrow (I think!) with a different class or replace one of my stickers with the half dex requirement one.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 26, 2017

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
They've upgraded the guaranteed Gyakufunsha (roaming/secret shop) events to have a second floor that includes floor 31-40 materials.

I heavily advise people to buy up all the top tier 10k killcoin materials whenever they visit Gyakufunsha, all the top tier stuff uses at least some of it.

Also for some of the new tier armors/weapons, it'll start using the low tier materials again rather than the top tier, but you still need the top tier materials to get to that stage anyway so the above advice holds.

Examples :

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Have they patched out the shortcut to level 35? Its the right rotation today, I beat U-10, went up to Uchinoibu, down to koshi-yama, but there is a red lock on the escalator down from Koshi-yama to (presumably) Itsa Tsukomi, so it looks like I cant get any further without going through the 34 floor miniboss.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SiKboy posted:

Have they patched out the shortcut to level 35? Its the right rotation today, I beat U-10, went up to Uchinoibu, down to koshi-yama, but there is a red lock on the escalator down from Koshi-yama to (presumably) Itsa Tsukomi, so it looks like I cant get any further without going through the 34 floor miniboss.
You might be able to do it tomorrow, where F34 NITANDA connects to two upper floors (WAKABA and SHINA-YAMA). I think only one is gated by COEN and the other is not locked. Not sure though, and it might depend on which way you go into NITANDA.

For future reference, I've been finding this Google docs spreadsheet from the Reddit to be pretty handy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvNDTmy_4P72C1ly4xMYItO6gb17EtdI3XuHFzAcX4Y/edit?usp=sharing

On the other hand, while COEN is tough he's not insurmountable, especially with the new guaranteed T4/T5 shop on Fridays/Sundays.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Breaking: the zero salvage "event" should be ending with the scheduled maintenance on June 7, so smoke 'em while you got 'em.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kenny Logins posted:

Breaking: the zero salvage "event" should be ending with the scheduled maintenance on June 7, so smoke 'em while you got 'em.

Its a shame, I've LOVED the game while the salvage costs are zero, it let me take risks I wouldnt normally have taken and really push my luck. Also, it looks like they have closed the F35 bypass, there is definately a red lock on one of the floors every day it exists. Ah well, as my granny used to say "If you cant go round a motherfucker, go through the motherfucker". I'll try for Coen at the weekend. Just irritated I didnt unlock the gate to F34 after I killed U-10, because I'm pretty much gonna have to try for U-10 and Coen in one run. (or I could do U-10, unlock the gate then return later for coen, I suppose.... We'll see how much U-10 depletes my resources.)

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

SiKboy posted:

Its a shame, I've LOVED the game while the salvage costs are zero, it let me take risks I wouldnt normally have taken and really push my luck. Also, it looks like they have closed the F35 bypass, there is definately a red lock on one of the floors every day it exists. Ah well, as my granny used to say "If you cant go round a motherfucker, go through the motherfucker". I'll try for Coen at the weekend. Just irritated I didnt unlock the gate to F34 after I killed U-10, because I'm pretty much gonna have to try for U-10 and Coen in one run. (or I could do U-10, unlock the gate then return later for coen, I suppose.... We'll see how much U-10 depletes my resources.)

If you just want to unlock the gates, shroom it (bring transparangus, dragonshrooms, and the strongest pitching machines you can find to U-10; and the highest damage and durability katanas for Coen (unless you somehow managed to score a dragon buster S from a hater). Coen is a patience game. Get one of two hits on him then GTFO. Don't get greedy, as he can one-shot a G4 and three-shot a G5.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

teh winnar! posted:

If you just want to unlock the gates, shroom it (bring transparangus, dragonshrooms, and the strongest pitching machines you can find to U-10; and the highest damage and durability katanas for Coen (unless you somehow managed to score a dragon buster S from a hater). Coen is a patience game. Get one of two hits on him then GTFO. Don't get greedy, as he can one-shot a G4 and three-shot a G5.

I beat Coen earlier in the week. Shroomed U10, exactly as you describe, the plan being to go up, unlock the gate to coens floor from the elevator, back to the waiting room, then go back today with an express pass letting me bring pretty much all the shrooms and weapons. Good plan. Except I wasnt paying enough attention and while looking for the gate back down from cohens floor to unlock it I went slightly too far into a room and triggered Coen. Worefully underprepared, I only had whatever shrooms I hadnt needed to beat U10, armour hanging off me in tatters and a few weapons in varying states of repair. I ended up dropping about 4 death metals (yes, yes, I know, but at that point I decided that I valued the time it would take to do this again, including grinding for more goddamn shrooms over the death metal) but I did beat him. He actually wasnt as bad as I was thinking, the deaths were mainly from him lobbing corpses at me (which I wasnt expecting), and from the camera loving me when I was too close to a wall so I didnt see him charging. For the record, 2 slowmunguses, 1 lifeshroom and 1 guard shroom are Not Enough Mushrooms for a level 4 fighter to be taking on Coen, especially when you dont have great weapons (was using the Pork Chopper +3 as my main damage, I only actually researched the Katana AFTER beating Coen). I would have been kicking myself if all my weapons broke before Coen died as I had spent that death metal and I dont fancy my chances of punching him to death.

I'll revisit him later with a level 5 fighter, better weapons and armour, but for now killing him should have opened some more gates I can use to get higher. I'm currently grinding for black metals to improve my armour (Need one more War Ensemble Black, but gently caress me it does not want to drop) and level up my shiny new Tier 5s. Gonna go back and do some of the lower level "climb from X to Y without doing Z" quests that reward death metal to recoup the ones I spent.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Remember that the Tectonic Terror event changed about two weeks ago so that the Gyakufunsha spawn is now 3x a week and besides f3 omoki will now spawn on F27 yukiyoshi. 40k black metal and 50k red metals :getin:

oh and also sells the tier 5 iron/copper/aluminum/wood

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Hmm, Let It Die + Gravity Rush 2 collaboration. Wonder what it means on Let It Die's end. Cosmetics of some sort, I assume.

http://twitter.com/LETITDIETheGame/status/870701631184052226

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Maybe we'll get some cone hat for Kat in Gravity Rush 2 and...a cat weapon for LiD?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Welp, salvage costs are back on as of today.

Last night I took my first and potentially last run at the final boss with an Attacker with a couple of shrooms (no invisible ones though). Got halfway through his health bar before getting housed once the guardshroom ran out.

I don't feel like trying again with a 250K KC failure fee, and I don't feel like farming transparungus, so I think this is going to be it for a while. Fun game considering I put $0 into it over about 5 months.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Kenny Logins posted:

Welp, salvage costs are back on as of today.

Last night I took my first and potentially last run at the final boss with an Attacker with a couple of shrooms (no invisible ones though). Got halfway through his health bar before getting housed once the guardshroom ran out.

I don't feel like trying again with a 250K KC failure fee, and I don't feel like farming transparungus, so I think this is going to be it for a while. Fun game considering I put $0 into it over about 5 months.

If you can you should try the boss with a Striker or Shooter. The Attacker's HP is pretty low compared to the two. Also it seems like the game is vomiting Slowmungus shrooms...so farm a few.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

TopHatGenius posted:

If you can you should try the boss with a Striker or Shooter. The Attacker's HP is pretty low compared to the two. Also it seems like the game is vomiting Slowmungus shrooms...so farm a few.
If I do it again I'll probably switch to a Shooter. I was going on the basis of alpha strike but a Shooter or crit-decaled Lucky Star would probably be much better.

I'm not a trophy/cheevo completionist sort so leaving the game at 99% played doesn't really bother me.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
New Content Teaser, if anyone's still playing this.
Makes me wish I had gotten in on the free salvage promo while it was happening!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I wanna get back in the game but it's so drat exhausting to play between the grind and punitive deaths :(

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

New patch hit, and there are some changes;

A free continue per day. This is a good change, obviously. Especially as I'm in the mid-high thirties now and most of my deaths come from motherfuckers sending hunters after me wearing armour that I can barely scratch with my most upgraded weapons and weapons which tear through a lifeshroom and kill me in 2-3 hits, which feels cheap as hell. I try to keep a useful shroom on hand so I can throw it and run if I need to, but sometimes it doesnt work out, or I use it on a hunter on one floor only for another identical one to catch me on the next. It will definately encourage me to take more risks I think. Not as good as when recovery was free, obviously, but still something.

A machine next to the escalator which charges you 1 death metal to transport 5 things from your inventory to your waiting room. I was thinking the other day that something like this would be useful as it could let you send materials home without having to end your run. Seems a little too expensive at 1 DM/5 items. There are apparently free ones occasionally in certain places but I havent seen one of those yet.

I'm not sure if this is a deliberate change or a bug to be honest, but post-patch every single weapon and piece of armour I've got from expeditions has been fully repaired, and ranged weapons have had a good amount of ammo. Again, a good change, especially as they seem to have taken funshrooms out of the possible expedition reward pool (or at least I havent got one. In fact I havent actually seen one at all in the game, and I've been looking). Gives you weapons that are actually competative at the levels you are currently pushing through while you do the never ending grind for green/black/red metals.

All in, it seems like they are making changes designed to help you push up through the levels a little faster and encourage you to make a longer run before returning to your waiting room.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

A free continue per day sounds really nice. Encourages regular shallow dives for things like guaranteed shop days, gold chest runs or Okusa days.

Oh, and my profile says I have 350+ hours (albeit many idle) and I have found exactly 3 funshrooms.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kenny Logins posted:

Oh, and my profile says I have 350+ hours (albeit many idle) and I have found exactly 3 funshrooms.

How do you check this? I wanna know how much of my life I've spent on Uncle Death's Wild Ride.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

How do you check this? I wanna know how much of my life I've spent on Uncle Death's Wild Ride.
It's on the same screen in the UW Rolodex as the tab with your weapon mastered, more towards the bottom though. It's one of the stats towards the top of the table IIRC.

When I say "idle" I mean "leaving the game on the escalator between floors, whether I enter Rest Mode or not". Hard to tell if this counts Rest Mode time since it's "always connected" for the purposes of timers etc.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

SiKboy posted:

I'm not sure if this is a deliberate change or a bug to be honest, but post-patch every single weapon and piece of armour I've got from expeditions has been fully repaired, and ranged weapons have had a good amount of ammo. Again, a good change, especially as they seem to have taken funshrooms out of the possible expedition reward pool (or at least I havent got one. In fact I havent actually seen one at all in the game, and I've been looking). Gives you weapons that are actually competative at the levels you are currently pushing through while you do the never ending grind for green/black/red metals.

Seems like this may have been a bug as today we are back to recovered gear being about 30% max durabilty.... Shame, I thought it was actually quite a smart move to encourage/help people move up the tower as they got actual strong weapons that could carry them for a short time, but not too long as your degredation would be high if you havent researched that weapon already.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Didn't see it mentioned here but Floors 41- 50 have been released plus 6 Star Fighters!

You start off with the option to buy a 6 Star All-Rounder (I assume after you reach floor 40/41) and it costs 100k KC for the fighter. I imagine the rest of the cast gets unlocked around floor 45 or so. Word is that it's hard as gently caress.

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

TopHatGenius posted:

Didn't see it mentioned here but Floors 41- 50 have been released plus 6 Star Fighters!

You start off with the option to buy a 6 Star All-Rounder (I assume after you reach floor 40/41) and it costs 100k KC for the fighter. I imagine the rest of the cast gets unlocked around floor 45 or so. Word is that it's hard as gently caress.

One thing to be aware of is that the moment you buy your first G6 fighter, suddenly all the haters you'll encounter will also be G6, complete with overpowered weapons, like the claw-wielding fuckstick in Oshimi that two-shotted me before I even knew what happened.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

teh winnar! posted:

One thing to be aware of is that the moment you buy your first G6 fighter, suddenly all the haters you'll encounter will also be G6, complete with overpowered weapons, like the claw-wielding fuckstick in Oshimi that two-shotted me before I even knew what happened.

Yeah be real careful when getting the 6 star fighters. All the Haters come equipped with tier 4 armors and weapons. Floors 41-50 are a crazy hard. Every enemy is a hater and the majority of them are G6 dev haters with T4 gear. Not only that, you can only bring 5 items when entering the area (7 with an express pass) and all the floors have randomized objectives such as kill all haters. There may or may not be ways to return to lobby. If you're really unlucky you'll go room after room without rest until you die.

The 41-50 floors have lots of rare materials (Ultra-pure Iron, etc) and Purple Metals which I've personally not seen a use for yet.

It's highly recommended to go there with at least basic T4 gear. White Steel equipment is your best bet since it has crazy durability.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Don't loving bother with T6 right now and stick to T5 Striker. It'll gimp killcoin hater farming big time on lower floors due to the increased risk/lethality they cause, and it'll make simple poo poo like just running around the 20s/30s more risky when that super t4 hater can surprise you with a 2 hit combo.

Also the current killcoin drought really ruins the entire game, especially with the T6 buttfuck haters that retroactively replace all the old haters (and they all seem to be loaded up with a bunch of the top tier decals too).

Roll too late and get clipped by a machete hater on the new floors? Well you have to farm for 30+ minutes minimum to revive that character. But note that all the haters on the new floors only give 100kc (for some reason one hater on each floor gives the standard amount), and the treasure floors pretty much pay for your second set of gear you are pretty much required to buy halfway up the new floors or a pittance towards the durability value loss of your White Steel gear.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 11, 2017

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

If it helps they seem to be doing a summer event, broadly similar to the easter one. Except instead of mushroom eggs you eat for experience its "parasol shrooms" that you sell for killcoins. Picked up a bronze one, sells for 500 coins. Not really worth picking up tbh. Then I got a couple of golds from expeditions, they sell for 20,000 killl coins each. Thats more like it. Havent seen a silver one yet, because I've been running low floors for materials/leveling a new fighter and sending expeditions to high floors.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

SiKboy posted:

If it helps they seem to be doing a summer event, broadly similar to the easter one. Except instead of mushroom eggs you eat for experience its "parasol shrooms" that you sell for killcoins. Picked up a bronze one, sells for 500 coins. Not really worth picking up tbh. Then I got a couple of golds from expeditions, they sell for 20,000 killl coins each. Thats more like it. Havent seen a silver one yet, because I've been running low floors for materials/leveling a new fighter and sending expeditions to high floors.

I got 2 gold umbrellas in the first expedition set I sent, and haven't seen a single one around 10 sets of expeditions later. Found no golds in the 41-50 set of floors either.

I thought we'd get a bandaid fix for killcoins off of this event till they do a real fix, but it seems like that was wishful thinking.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Ranged weapons are godly now. The T4 Kamas is crazy good and the Firework Launcher rage move is like firing a nuke...that can also kill you at floor 38 as well as the hater.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Came late to the party on this game (only recently got a PS4), but liking it so far. Uncle Death is the skater punk Manny Calavera I didn't know I needed.

Just beat Tim "The Toolman" Taylor Max Sharp last night. Decided to scout out 11F because hey, new-ish looking tileset! Got my head caved in by a Hater in two hits. Instead of salvaging, bought two of the 2-star Fighters I unlocked to begin upgrading my crew. Luckily I had a few golden critters from some event quests, so I immediately got them up to lvl 35.

So my understanding is that now that 2-star fighters are unlocked, all Haters will be 2-star, potentially lvl 50, and geared appropriately? Meaning that I have to go in with upgraded gear even when material farming if I don't want to get surprise murdered?

I guess that's not too bad, I've got a bunch of 1-star +4 gear and even a few bits of 2-star +2/3 gear. If needed I can always poopsock KC by sending out hourly expeditions.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes, upgrading your fighter barracks with higher grade characters increases the haters' grade accordingly. One problem you might run into now is that haters will be the max grade of fighter you have no matter what, but you might not have one onhand, in which case they'll slaughter you pretty good. It kind of sucks later on because the gap between your health/damage and theirs grows wider as you go.

However, haters are super weak to mushrooms that inflict stun or sleep or so on. So if you have one onhand when you encounter one that's way above your level, you can just toss it and run and they'll lose interest.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

CJacobs posted:

Yes, upgrading your fighter barracks with higher grade characters increases the haters' grade accordingly. One problem you might run into now is that haters will be the max grade of fighter you have no matter what, but you might not have one onhand, in which case they'll slaughter you pretty good. It kind of sucks later on because the gap between your health/damage and theirs grows wider as you go.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of: getting rolled by a lvl 50 Hater while trying to level up a fresh 2-star. I have an all-rounder and collector at 35 now, tempted to stomp/eat a few more golden critters to get at least the collector to 50.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tupperwarez posted:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of: getting rolled by a lvl 50 Hater while trying to level up a fresh 2-star. I have an all-rounder and collector at 35 now, tempted to stomp/eat a few more golden critters to get at least the collector to 50.

Go for it; There are always more golden critters. I've not logged in in a month or so, but I was getting gold critters in uncle death boxes reasonably regularly, plus you can farm golden snails on 13F Osaka if you really need them later on. And/or keep a decent throwing mushroom on hand (a brainshroom or sleepshroom or whatever) to get you out of a jam. Nothing says you actually have to fight the haters if you can sneak past them or run away from them instead.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

SiKboy posted:

Go for it; There are always more golden critters. I've not logged in in a month or so, but I was getting gold critters in uncle death boxes reasonably regularly, plus you can farm golden snails on 13F Osaka if you really need them later on. And/or keep a decent throwing mushroom on hand (a brainshroom or sleepshroom or whatever) to get you out of a jam. Nothing says you actually have to fight the haters if you can sneak past them or run away from them instead.
Yeah, I used some gold critters to bump my collector to mid-40s, then scouted 11F and above with a bit more caution. Something weird happened though. I managed to open the arena with the GOTO-9 fight right away, and I turbo murdered him with my Red Hot Iron+ (thanks expedition dude!). Then I went up to 12F and opened up the elevator there.

My understanding is that the arena was supposed to be closed off from the 11F side, and I was supposed to loop around 12F or 13F and come down to 11F from above. Then I could open the arena, fight GOTO-9, then get access to the 12F with the elevator. Did some weird glitch happen, or did they change the map in the latest patch?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Man, if I use this death metal I can probably beat White Steel, but it's the last one I've got. I wish the one free respawn a day thing was still going on. :negative:

Unrelated, I assume shortcuts are okay for the 'climb the tower while killing everything' quests, right? They're so tedious but it'll put me to enough coins to get one of my Haters back.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 29, 2017

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Recently got to 16F, unlocked 3-star guys, but haven't fought the midboss yet because I'm a dork who likes to over-gear and over-prepare, even for midbosses. Been collecting spoils from my expedition guys like a digital slumlord.

Now that I've got 3-star guys (the first 3 classes anyway), should I be rocking 3-star stuff, or upgraded 2-star stuff? What's the usual 'farming loop' to get materials and blueprints below 16F? Elevator to 13F, work my way down to 11F Seyane, then back up again?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tupperwarez posted:

Yeah, I used some gold critters to bump my collector to mid-40s, then scouted 11F and above with a bit more caution. Something weird happened though. I managed to open the arena with the GOTO-9 fight right away, and I turbo murdered him with my Red Hot Iron+ (thanks expedition dude!). Then I went up to 12F and opened up the elevator there.

My understanding is that the arena was supposed to be closed off from the 11F side, and I was supposed to loop around 12F or 13F and come down to 11F from above. Then I could open the arena, fight GOTO-9, then get access to the 12F with the elevator. Did some weird glitch happen, or did they change the map in the latest patch?
They changed that a few patches ago I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did they add in a feature where I can listen to the radio soundtrack while I'm dungeon crawling? Cuz I'd be willing to jump back into this if so

• Locked thread