Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ace Combat 7 has a new trailer! I'm so gay for these games! I love their stupid stories, the awesome soundtracks (especially AC2's) and the buddy-cop movie meets anime type radio chatter.

Ace Combat 7 will :siren: SUPPORT PSVR :siren: and I'm looking forward to making myself violently sick while playing virtual planes :rms:

Post your Ace Combatiest stories here (or don't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

Ace combat 4 is gaming ambrosia OP

I have a fondness for Zero myself because it's fairly wacky

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We won't talk about Assault Horizon in this thread.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ace Combat 6 was also pretty decent and looks incredible even today. I hope it gets Xbone backwards compatibility at some stage. Story and overall epicness doesn't come close to the PS2 games but it's worth picking up

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think Zero loses mechanics as you don't get the decision trees during missions

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Evil Eagle posted:

The Ace Style mechanic works similarly, leading to different ace squadron fights and plane unlocks instead of different missions. I really like that feature.

Oh yeah I remember that was cool

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It was PS3 only so I didn't. The missions look like a best of collection inspired by the previous games it sounds cool

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ArtIsResistance posted:

I have a ps3 & 4 and I really enjoy games where I fly planes around and shoot things with my plane gun, are there any good videogames available with these things other than gta v? Preferably on psn so I don't actually have to talk to another human being

Ace Combat Infinity is a F2P game on the PS3. It's like a Best Of of the older games in terms of content but there is no campaign I think, just individual missions.

Not much otherwise, Ace Combat 6 was X360 exclusive

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my morning jackass posted:

is the psvr gonna drop in price though? i was under the impression it wasn't very popular.

Yoshida suggested that Its sold out or was almost everywhere for a long time at launch, at least in Europe. Sony always deal with actual sales rather than shipped so could be a bit longer before actual numbers go out.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What is it being released on?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't loving wait

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holiday 17 release? gently caress off