Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

Yay for awful American Godzilla movies that pressure Japan to make new better movies for their much better and longer lasting franchise.

As a huge Godzilla fan I'm sorry to say you're a moron. 2014 Godzilla was a huge critical and commercial sucess.

Shin Godzilla isn't even in my top 5, that's how good Godzilla is.

Gamera is cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Godzilla 2014 is one of the worst movies Ive ever seen

You must not have seen many movies.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mary had a little clam posted:

I really liked Godzilla 2014, fight me irl.

It was definitely flawed and having Blandy Blanderson as the protagonist didn't do it any favors, but I was very impressed with the monster designs and the destruction scenes. I actually prefer the small amount of screentime Godzilla got. I think it added to the tension for me.

But then, I also liked Pacific Rim a lot, so my taste in Kaiju movies is... perhaps spotty.

edit: More G 2014 love than I was expecting. plz don't fight me irl thank you

As far as Godzilla protaginists go he's not even in the running for worst or most boring. At least he's directly involved with the Kaiju during the movie which I appreciated.

I'm glad we have a fourm where you can talk about Pacific Rim without people tripping over each other to tell you it's fascist, despite every movie Del Toro makes having fascists as the villans. It's really good.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

gvb is loving convoluted as all hell and its wonderful

but the soundtrack isn't as good as 84

Agree to disagree on that one, 84's music is one of my only problems with it.

• Locked thread