Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

DoctorG0nzo posted:

I can understand your points and agree it's a well executed movie in most ways. But I feel like part of the appeal of a modern big budget Godzilla was in getting huge beautifully rendered fight scenes or city destruction scenes, and we only got one murky and dark though admittedly cool one. Budget issues could be a possibility but imo if Del Toro's grand autistic anime dream that is pacific rim got like 4 really solid fight scenes in (plus a bunch of little ones the length of the average Godzilla 2014 tease) then they probably could've swung it money-wise in this big tentpole

I think I also felt the length/length of action due to the blandness of the protagonist. Doesn't help that his standard motive (SAVE MY FAMILY) combined with the fact that he often just saw aftermaths of big attacks (if I remember correctly) often made it feel like a generic day after tomorrow type movie

the human parts of 2014 were somewhat dull yeah but i didn't mind because the human parts in most godzilla films are also somewhat dull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread