Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Godzilla (2014) is the best Godzilla movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theres no boring rear end fights between dudes in rubber suits so its a big step up from traditional Godzilla.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the lack of fights in Godzilla (2014) makes the ending far more satisfying. Constant fights gets you snoozefests like Pacific Rim.

Godzilla (2014) is still about Godzilla, but its also more about how Humanity (and specifically individual humans) are insignificant.

Its also got the halo drop which is just a great scene and if you didn't see it in theaters you really missed out.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they probably wanted to get there some time before the fight ended. I like that Godzilla is just there doing his thing and the story is about the humans scrambling to figure out whats going on and what or if they can or should do anything about it.

I also really like that the soldier dude is the most boring average dude possible cause it fits perfectly in a story about how average boring dudes are disposable and cant really change much in the grand scheme of things. Like the scene where he shows up at the staging area where they're getting the bomb ready and hes all "I'm a bomb squad guy, you've gotta take me on this bomb mission!" and the sergeant is like "well no this is litterrally the bomb squad so we're all also bomb squad guys. This is the us military, we've got lots of us." but then they take him anyways cause it doesn't hurt to have one more for redundancy. Not because he has any unique skills. Its totally logical. I love it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no but I probably should

• Locked thread