Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Luna Snow isn't as hot as Mai Overwatch, that's the only real flaw I can see from the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who the hell is Luna Snow?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I saw leaked screens of the roster that had their headshots on it last night, and I was remarking to myself that while some of the designs I didn't like, it seemed like it was almost impossible to gently caress up the basic Spider-Man suit

and then this comes out and you see him from behind and oh god they have way too much blue on this thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

K-pop idol with ice powers, created for Marvel: Future Fight, has had a few comic appearances since then

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Marvelwatch actually looks kinda good, huh!

gently caress me, i wish i had impulse control, because I will buy it, play it twice and then delete it because i hate pvp

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Air Skwirl posted:

One of the new group of Asian heroes Greg pak created used for his agents of Atlas book a few years ago

^^^ oh right she was in the game first and Greg brought her over along with aero and some others

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's being made by NetEase, so it's almost assuredly gonna be F2P

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

It's being made by NetEase, so it's almost assuredly gonna be F2P

which means every new character and skin will be like 20 bucks

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I have zero interest in this sort of thing, never bothered with Overwatch or Team Fortress or anything in-between

..but I am also a complete sucker for Illyana aka low key the Best X-Man. I hate card/turn-based games but still picked up Midnight Suns so I could dump suckers in Limbo portals and batter them with a honkin' big soulsword so you can bet I'mma gonna do it in this too.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, it’s going to have EXTREMELY predatory micro transactions lmao

These are the Diablo Immortal folks

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ImpAtom posted:

Lol, someone in another thread was literally asking if Galacta had been used recently.

Also Lezard "Dr. Strange" Valeth.

I had to look Galacta up because I saw the trailer and was like, "Did they turn Galactus into an anime girl?" and thought of course that's how weebs would see galactus

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, it’s going to have EXTREMELY predatory micro transactions lmao

These are the Diablo Immortal folks

I'm pretty sure this is just a reskin of the OW mobile port NetEase was working on before Blizzard and them stopped working together

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It looks nice, I can hope it’s good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ll be safe as long as it doesn’t come to consoles. Magik does look cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm willing to give it a shot. All I know about NetEase is that they're another mobile game mogul who is beefing up making studios for real games and may or may not end up being one of the major players in the industry like 3 years from now. So I assume the game will be free to hop in and mess around with but will be trying to claw out your money at every chance.

The base designs all look pretty neat, so at least it's not like some recent F2P big guys that make everyone look like poo poo but you can pay 40 bucks to buy a bad render of a cool classic costume.

Going in from the leaks from yesterday I was scared it'd be like suicide squad where it's boring how everyone just shoots gun, but seeing hte gameplay the movement looks fun and hectic, and everyone uses ranged options that make sense to their characters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MorningMoon posted:

Going in from the leaks from yesterday I was scared it'd be like suicide squad where it's boring how everyone just shoots gun, but seeing hte gameplay the movement looks fun and hectic, and everyone uses ranged options that make sense to their characters.

Yeah, the Hulk's ranged attack being him jumping at people, and then Magik and Strange having portals is really cool.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They really need to learn from Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League. No one wants to see Hulk jumping and smashing, they need to give him and Dr. Strange really big guns.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dr Strange summons a portal to the netherworld, to pull out an AK47.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Medullah posted:

They really need to learn from Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League. No one wants to see Hulk jumping and smashing, they need to give him and Dr. Strange really big guns.

Bruce actually has a gun in some of the promotional images lol

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

omg chael crash posted:

Bruce actually has a gun in some of the promotional images lol

I hope it shoots gamma rays

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly if you wanted to make the Hulk feel powerful, you could make Bruce into a Mercy-style character with a, I don't know, gamma healing laser and once he heals enough he can transform into the hulk for smashing.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Bruce being the D.Va of the game is really funny tbh

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Medullah posted:

I mean...

This looks... interesting but I also never played Overwatch. I like how the characters seem like they'll play very differently, and they've got quite the selection.

"https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third-person-shooter/marvel-rivals-is-a-6v6-hero-shooter-in-development-at-netease-testing-begins-in-may/ posted:

The initial roster of characters includes:

Black Panther
    Doctor Strange
    Groot
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Loki
    Luna Snow
    Magik
    Magneto
    Mantis
    Namor
    Peni Parker
    Rocket Raccoon
    Scarlet Witch
    Spider-Man
    Storm
    Star-Lord
    The Punisher

Surprised by the lack of like, Wolverine. I'm not a multiplayer person really, I might check it out if people says it's good, but I doubt I'd stick with it.

Anyways, if you liked Midnight Suns, they apparently talked about developing the mechanics at GDC. I don't know how much is new insight, some of it sounds familiar to me from prior articles about it, but it's still a look at a game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waffleman_ posted:

K-pop idol with ice powers, created for Marvel: Future Fight, has had a few comic appearances since then

Sharon Rogers is still the best OC character to come out of Future Fight and I wish she'd show up somewhere else somehow. She's rad as heck.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

catlord posted:

I mean...

This looks... interesting but I also never played Overwatch. I like how the characters seem like they'll play very differently, and they've got quite the selection.

Surprised by the lack of like, Wolverine. I'm not a multiplayer person really, I might check it out if people says it's good, but I doubt I'd stick with it.

Anyways, if you liked Midnight Suns, they apparently talked about developing the mechanics at GDC. I don't know how much is new insight, some of it sounds familiar to me from prior articles about it, but it's still a look at a game.

Ur gonna have to pay 20 bucks for wolverine

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope it's just PC exclusive for a short amount of time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

I hope it's just PC exclusive for a short amount of time

I mean it's a live service game. Odds are 50/50 it will only exist for a short amount of time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I'm sure F2P or not the possibility of getting to play as SP//DR & Peni is gonna get me to play this and my sucker rear end will end up buying way too many microtransactions

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It doesn't really look like Overwatch to me. Doesn't seem like it's gonna play like it at all and really the only thing in common is being a team based shooter.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it's just jumping around and shooting things, isn't that all those game are?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It's literally built off the bones of Netease's Overwatch mobile port, same as their Tarisland WoW-clone coming after Blizzard refused to extend their contract. It's a 6v6 character-based team shooter with moba abilities and a tank, healer, dps split where you're pushing a cart

And I mean

Even the UI looks similar. They're really not trying to hide it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Suicide Squad's S1 update dropped today, now with Joker*.

There are no new missions/mission types, no new story content, there's one new boss fight.

*Joker is not playable out of the box. He's unlockable for $10, or with a few hours of grinding in order to get the mastery pass level high enough to unlock him - I've seen it estimated at 5-6 hours.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol the advertising made it sound like they added an area with missions

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There's a new Joker-themed area, but the missions that are available there are identical to the missions in the base game, it's just that the buildings' textures are vaguely Joker-themed instead of being plain Metropolis.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Suicide Squad's S1 update dropped today, now with Joker*.

There are no new missions/mission types, no new story content, there's one new boss fight.

*Joker is not playable out of the box. He's unlockable for $10, or with a few hours of grinding in order to get the mastery pass level high enough to unlock him - I've seen it estimated at 5-6 hours.

The way they make it seem that they were adding new characters for free.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6cPSIeIiBQ

lol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well I'm glad they didn't just get someone doing a bad Mark Hamill impression but also that's a very bad Joker.